PDA

View Full Version : deaf girl saga continues

stephen
02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
alright....so some of you may remember my story about the "deaf chic," in response to one of julio's "body fluid swap" story. so last night, i went out with my boy to our favorite carribean club (vibes). we used to go every weekend when we worked together, but i haven't been able to go there in MONTHS. this is the same spot where i picked up the deaf chick....that one time...

anyway, so i walk in...and who do i see??? you got it, the deaf girl. ironically, she was there with a deaf dude! we found it pretty funny (we being me, my boy, and our bartender friend). obviously, i couldn't help but watch them and wonder why two deaf people would be in the club and WHAT the hell are they talking about...

i don't know sign language, but i started noticing they seemed a little annoyed with each other. i spoke to my bartender, and her and her crew noticed the same thing. the deaf dude was doing gestures like, flicking the bottom of his nose at her, and doing the hand signal most people do when someone talks too much (hand shaped like a beak, opening and closing). it was pretty amazing, but raised a lot of questions. the first amazing thing i noticed, they both had cell phones. it also made me wonder, do they make a special TEXT plan for deaf people? the dude at one point walked outside like he was leaving. i guess the girl rode with him...but she began dancing in her seat. i wondered, how is she dancing ON BEAT??? my bartender suggested that maybe it was the vibrations, but i put my hands on the table, and still wouldn't have been able to stay on beat. anyhow...the dude finally came back...they argued more, then they left (both with attitudes). that was probably the most entertaining thing i've ever seen in my life.

the main question i had after the incident...is it hard to argue in sign language??? the other person doesn't even have to look at you...that's gotta be rough, especially when you have a point to make.

P.S. no harm/offense meant to the deaf community

BJackson08
02-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I guess all you would have to do is close your eyes while the other person screams their hands off........and then open them and sign "im not trying to see this shit right now, Im trying to get crunk in the club"

RandomGuy
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM
steven, mofo 100$ min buy in cash game next week hit me up (last week there was like 5k in pot)

stephen
02-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I guess all you would have to do is close your eyes while the other person screams their hands off........and then open them and sign "im not trying to see this shit right now, Im trying to get crunk in the club"

lol, you sound like my sister. she was like, "i bet he was mad and kept telling her, YOU DON'T LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY!" it was pretty funny.

steven, mofo 100$ min buy in cash game next week hit me up (last week there was like 5k in pot)

i'm down! i'll text you in a sec.

RandomGuy
02-15-2009, 11:16 PM
lol i was just remembering the ghettooooo ass roosters LMFAO

that shit was hilarious man where the fuck u been

NewGen33
02-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Your story made me think of this you just sitting there observing and giving play by play details about the event.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh219/angelmeier2/TritonB-ball011.jpg

:goodjob:

LizBiz
02-15-2009, 11:25 PM
she began dancing in her seat. i wondered, how is she dancing ON BEAT??? my bartender suggested that maybe it was the vibrations, but i put my hands on the table, and still wouldn't have been able to stay on beat. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: I nearly dropped my laptop laughing at that. :cheers: the way you said it was priceless hahahahaha

TheGodfather
02-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Alot of cell companies provide text only plans for the deaf community.

And arguing in sign language is like anything else. Anyone can walk away, but eye contact and a visual is necessary to ascertain the level of intensity and of course what the person is saying.

If someone looks away or ignores, they will just tap the person or wave their hands.

stephen
02-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Alot of cell companies provide text only plans for the deaf community.

And arguing in sign language is like anything else. Anyone can walk away, but eye contact and a visual is necessary to ascertain the level of intensity and of course what the person is saying.

If someone looks away or ignores, they will just tap the person or wave their hands.

thanks for the answers.

i just figured it'd have to be annoying though. like i said, the guy wasn't even looking at her and throwing hand signs. the chick would tap him, but he'd either look really fast, or just keep looking away with his hand over his shoulder. i guess the only thing i can relate it to in the "hearing" world, is like someone hanging up the phone on you.

i couldn't help but wonder "what are they arguing about?" the chick does make a lot of faces at people, kinda like they're annoying her. when i "talked" to her, she was pretty cool...she would make facial expressions and wave her hands kinda violently, but when she wrote it down, it'd be more like "i want another drink" or "you taking me home" etc.

anyhow, it was still pretty interesting to watch...especially at the bar/club.

01CDMLUDER
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry to thread jack but ...I remembered a while back I was at the mall at the food court and it was crowded with alot of people but it was really quiet. I began to look around to see why it was so silent and it caught me by surprise when I saw some tenns doing sign language..but I thought they were throwing up gang signs!! lol ...I eventually figured out that it was a deaf convintion thing or something. I wish I knew sign language b/c it looks really cool and it's an universal language

Kevykev
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
WHAT the hell are they talking about...

i wondered, how is she dancing ON BEAT??? my bartender suggested that maybe it was the vibrations, but i put my hands on the table, and still wouldn't have been able to stay on beat.

..is it hard to argue in sign language??? the other person doesn't even have to look at you...that's gotta be rough, especially when you have a point to make.

P.S. no harm/offense meant to the deaf community

These are VALID questions!

ISAtlanta300
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
These are VALID questions!

deaf people are able to feel the vibrations and dance quite well. Most of the time it's the 'bass' they feel.

Kevykev
02-16-2009, 01:05 PM
deaf people are able to feel the vibrations and dance quite well. Most of the time it's the 'bass' they feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAoBBhPWpdc&feature=related

Nah mean?