PDA

View Full Version : Operation Temp Wheels Commenced

DinanM3atl
02-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Waiting on my wheels and coilovers for the vert

:shifty

MMII's 17x8 and 17x9 rotting on my track car with street tires(which are brand new haha) So swap and take rolling shots. Sitting much better on the 17s than on the terrible 15s!

Rear needs to come down and it will!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3279970314_85f116e4e6_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3279969390_496ed28ecb_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3279148957_854a886b39_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3279967722_bf6868b019_b.jpg

Revmaynard
02-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Still looks good, man! Can't wait to see the drop and new wheels.

03RCode
02-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Looks great. +Reps.

OnURleft
02-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Lovin' how the finish of the wheels goes with the color of the car. Looks excellent paired with the hardtop.
The ass sits up so high though. It's almost like it's on H&R race in the front and stock in the back?
As for everything else it looks good. Although, i'm not a fan of DTM style/meineke ish muffler it still looks pretty good. Are you getting an established brand coil-over or did you try TRM's new ones?? They are beautiful and as far as I could tell, drove like the TC-Kiline's I was driving on at Road America

industrial_1
02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
17s lookin good man! im considering bumping back to 17s myself :P

DinanM3atl
02-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Lovin' how the finish of the wheels goes with the color of the car. Looks excellent paired with the hardtop.
The ass sits up so high though. It's almost like it's on H&R race in the front and stock in the back?
As for everything else it looks good. Although, i'm not a fan of DTM style/meineke ish muffler it still looks pretty good. Are you getting an established brand coil-over or did you try TRM's new ones?? They are beautiful and as far as I could tell, drove like the TC-Kiline's I was driving on at Road America

Wheels won't last long... Something much more stellar going down here! I think it is H&R Race Front and OE Sport Rear. Someone already had this thing slammed at one point. I think it was a 'buy something to sell it' and it got what was easily bought quickly. Front and rear fenders are rolled and slightly pulled.

Seriously on this car I get DDM stuff at WAY under retail. This will ride on DDM Coilovers with either 550/650 or 650/750 rates. I just need something to be decently stiff because my wheel fitment will be more towards the extreme side. Need the body not to move. Not doing it for handling at all... I bet it will handle like crap!!! vert = cruising

Keeping hearing good things about TRM... M3 needs them since it is for handling ;)

Do it Jon. 17s!!!

PURP
02-14-2009, 08:22 PM
400 owns yoo....lol... looks nice, man. When you get the new wheels and a better stance, she will be looking very proper.

wannab20hatch
02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
im diggin the vert

FasTech
02-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Looks really good, man. But it will look better once the rear is dropped a little more. +reps

swollix
02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
cute.

OnURleft
02-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Wheels won't last long... Something much more stellar going down here! I think it is H&R Race Front and OE Sport Rear. Someone already had this thing slammed at one point. I think it was a 'buy something to sell it' and it got what was easily bought quickly. Front and rear fenders are rolled and slightly pulled.

Seriously on this car I get DDM stuff at WAY under retail. This will ride on DDM Coilovers with either 550/650 or 650/750 rates. I just need something to be decently stiff because my wheel fitment will be more towards the extreme side. Need the body not to move. Not doing it for handling at all... I bet it will handle like crap!!! vert = cruising

Keeping hearing good things about TRM... M3 needs them since it is for handling ;)

Do it Jon. 17s!!!

Ahhh I see. I see your going for the "Geordie" style. In my opinion rolling around in a vert with extremely wide rims, pulled fenders and a slightly (but not much) stretched tire is an extremely cool look.
I doubt you knew this but I was all set up to buy his vert last spring as it sat but I just decided it was to much money for just a looker, and it would've had to go down my lake house driveway (mile long M3 killer) and the roads that led up to it (miles of gravel) which would've destroyed those HRE's. Best of luck with the rim choice...
I'll actually be following your type of look at the end of this summer. I plan on getting some really wide rims with a crazy offset for my street rims after I get the TRM coil overs put on. I'm thinking Fiske, or CCW's staggered with maybe some 10's in the back.

DinanM3atl
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
It is a 'geordie' look but I would credit the VWs with the style haha

Very similar to a Geordie look though. It's a vert and a cruiser. It will be built for cruising and just looking good.