PDA

View Full Version : ITR Manifold On Stock B16 Buy or NO Buy?

Andy099
02-14-2009, 08:22 AM
I came across a P73 itr intake manifold for $80. i'm thinking of getting this to put on my EM1 but is it worth doing?

I did some research and unless its mildly built i'm going to loose low in hp and torque and see very minimal gains on the high end...

i am putting on comptech headers on today with a bolt on magnaflow high flow cat (since my oem went bad).

so its this a good buy or not?

chameleon30038
02-14-2009, 08:31 AM
For that price i would think its a good buy....yeah you won't see gains now but is that all the mods you ever plan on doing?? Probably not so it can be more beneficial as the mods continue.

Andy099
02-14-2009, 09:07 AM
i plan on doing more to it..but i'm really keeping as a good reliable daily DD...i plan to rebuild the whole motor once it craps out but that'll be a while since its a HONDA...

i'm still looking into which direction I want to go with this motor..maybe make a poor mans type r

Master Shake
02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
i plan on doing more to it..but i'm really keeping as a good reliable daily DD...i plan to rebuild the whole motor once it craps out but that'll be a while since its a HONDA...

i'm still looking into which direction I want to go with this motor..maybe make a poor mans type rare you gonna keep the b16 block? or use the head for something later?
if you're gonna keep the block, i would start settin up mild boost setup.
change the block, maybe all motor, with a 50shot, just to play around with.

boosted would be more fun with the extra power, but all motor would be more reliable.

IntegraXTR
02-14-2009, 09:31 AM
for $80 you can't go wrong. But you are correct, you will lose all your bottom end power with a little bit on top which is minimal. The stock b16 mani is the best manifold for that motor due to the low-midrange power it produces. But if you were to buy a set of itr/ctr cams, then this would benefit you.

Andy099
02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
probably stick with an all motor build..boost would be fun but i'm definitely looking for all motor

Andy099
02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
for $80 you can't go wrong. But you are correct, you will lose all your bottom end power with a little bit on top which is minimal. The stock b16 mani is the best manifold for that motor due to the low-midrange power it produces. But if you were to buy a set of itr/ctr cams, then this would benefit you.

how much did you get that black civic you sold on h-t awhile back? fully converted to an Si huh?