PDA

View Full Version : S13 vs. civic and Harley Truck

run4cover
09-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I was out cruising around friday night and went to see who was on barrett. I had my neighbor with me, and thought he had somewhere to go, so I didn't hang around long. As we were headed back down cobb pkwy towards marietta, a civic that was missing the front bumper(I believe) and was painted a greenish goldish flame job ,started revving on me. I wasn't sure what was done to it, and really wasn't in the mood to race(foot still in a cast), but this cat just kept pacing me. I tried to give him a fair warning by giving him a bov salute....he didn't seem deterred. I know he didn't see that big-ass intercooler because I was at the light first.
Anyways, I let the kid get next to me, then I dropped down to second gear, we were going about 35mph....he drops to whatever gear he chose....and I waited on him to hit it.....instant car before I changed to third...and another car before I let off(still in third)....we ran again...same results, except I missed third, and he either had already given up, or just never caught back up.....done deal.

The civic turned off at a light (red caught us), and I see these lights roll up behind me rather fast....As we're at the light, I hear the person behind me revving his engine, and it had the unmistakeable whine of a supercharger. I'm like, "great, some fool in a lightning seen me killing that civic, now he wants some"..."I really don't feel like getting beaten by a damn pickup truck, but oh well". When the light turned green, I rolled off fast enough to distance the car that was next to me...so the truck could get in front of him, and we could line up. He pulled up next to me, and I dropped back down to second....we hit it about the same time.....damn! my front bumper is at his front wheel well.....we were dead even through 2nd and 3rd...I'm not sure if I started to pull when I shifted to fourth, or he was backing off, because It wasn't a hard pull. Anyways, we slowed down to sane speeds, and he asked if I had an upgraded turbo...I told him it was the stock T25 on 10psi....he told me that he was running 14psi....he never said what the other mods were, but that big 4 door truck moves out! The guy was really cool, told me he was impressed, because most 4 cylinders don't hang with him like that....I told him that truck was the imprssive one....moving that much mass like that takes alot of torque. We bid each other goodnight, and went our separate ways. The truck is a silver 4 door harley davidson edition with some chrome wheels(don't know if they were factory or not).

I have a Burgundy 240sx coupe with a purple hood and an sr20det.
mods: s13 blacktop sr20det
aforementioned big -ass fmic (stock bumper cut out for the IC)
3" turbo back exhaust
255 walbro pump
10psi
*everythig else stock*

Oh yeah, to the few guys from here that I met at the wal-mart parking lot....yall are cool.......to everyone that "thinks" I'm an asshole........sorry to dissappoint you :D

eViLMunkey
09-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Wasn't me.. My hatch is white and I don't deal w/ straight aways.... or boosted imports.... but I had my fun w/a v6 lil pony last night... but I'm basically stock w/ gutted interior intake, breather, and that's mainly it...

CMO
09-20-2005, 07:00 AM
I think all the Harley Trucks are supercharged and I know they come with the chrome 20's from the factory.

benwaballs
09-20-2005, 07:27 AM
run man we still gota meet up and run the gti-sr20... iam going to try to get her on the gyno sat but iam off all sat so ill be out and about! :goodjob:

run4cover
09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
run man we still gota meet up and run the gti-sr20... iam going to try to get her on the gyno sat but iam off all sat so ill be out and about! :goodjob:No problem, I was waiting on your phone call...I was out friday night, but I had to entertain my cousins saturday and sunday....just hit me up and let me know when.

run4cover
09-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I think all the Harley Trucks are supercharged and I know they come with the chrome 20's from the factory.
yes, they are all supercharged, the same engine as the lightning as far as I know...5.4L supercharged....they don't run 14psi stock though ;) ...the rims were probably stockers too...nice truck...cool guy.

SandM
09-20-2005, 09:36 PM
are you sure the harleys are all supercharged? i just thought they came with 18" chromes, leather etched interior and dash, custom pinstripes, etc.. kinda like an eddie bauer explorer (all looks). but, i could be wrong.

CMO
09-20-2005, 11:19 PM
are you sure the harleys are all supercharged? i just thought they came with 18" chromes, leather etched interior and dash, custom pinstripes, etc.. kinda like an eddie bauer explorer (all looks). but, i could be wrong.

Nah, I think all of them are supercharged and the wheels are 20in chromes. But like run4cover said I don't think they run 14psi from the factory though.

Spin2nd
09-21-2005, 09:51 AM

The early black trucks weren't supercharged. All of the ones that are grey, silver, or silver and black are supercharged -- I'm not sure but I think that switch occured in 2003 maybe? They essentially have the lightning motor but they come with a bigger blower pulley and less aggessive computer. All of that can easily be swapped though.

SandM
09-21-2005, 05:40 PM
oh ok.. i was thinking of the older all-model blacks