PDA

View Full Version : Falcons pursuing trade of Vick

B18c1Turboed
02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
The Falcons (http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/index.html?cxntlid=linkr) are seeking to trade the rights to imprisoned and suspended quarterback Michael Vick.

Falcons (http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/index.html?cxntlid=linkr) general manager Thomas Dimitroff said the team is preparing to trade Vick’s contractual rights in an interview that appeared on the team’s website Friday.

With regards to Michael Vick, we’ve decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club,” Dimitroff told the website. “We took a number of steps in the 2008 season, including using our first pick to draft a quarterback. We feel a trade is the best move for the Falcons (http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/index.html?cxntlid=linkr), and it’s also in the best interest of Michael. This has been a really unique situation from a variety of standpoints and because we will actively be involved in a trade situation, I don’t envision our organization speaking any more about this subject publicly until it’s reached a resolution.”
Vick is currently in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July.

Falcons (http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/index.html?cxntlid=linkr) owner Arthur Blank has stated that Vick would not be a part of the team’s future plans. Dimitroff’s comments Friday were the first stating the team was actively pursuing a trade for Vick.

Vick has a lucrative contract that runs to 2013 and calls for him to receive a base salary (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/wages/search.html?cxntlid=linkr) of $9 million and a bonus of $6.43 million in 2009. The remainder of the contract is worth $45.11 million, with another possible $3 million in Pro Bowl bonuses.

“We have not been advised by anyone from the League Office of any type of timeline regarding Michael Vick being reinstated,” Dimitroff told the website. “So, we don’t know when that might occur. That decision is up to the Commissioner.”

Calls to Vick’s agent, Joel Segal, by the AJC were not immediately return. Segal has previously indicated that Vick wants to return to the NFL to play quarterback and will not consider a move to wide receiver or running back.

Hopefully he can play again

Spectic Tank
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Good riddance.

I'm sure he will get to play again. He's done his time and has a right to a second chance.

BKgen®
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM
i hope he never plays again. not because of what he did with the dogs, but because he's an all-around douchebag and/or asshole.

ps - and i can't stand his ghetto arse.

bigdare23
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
:cry:

TheGodfather
02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
You hope he can play again?!?

I hope he gets AIDS and never plays in any sport again. Unless the sport is him fighting 5 dogs.

BKgen®
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM

I hope he gets AIDS and never plays in any sport again. Unless the sport is him fighting 5 dogs and a bear.

fixed.

AirMax95
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
The anger in this thread, lol. Are you mad b/c he was fighting dogs?

How do you guys feel about A-Rod, Roger Clemons, and Barry Bonds? Liars and cheaters....

BanginJimmy
02-13-2009, 03:45 PM

That and a criminal record on top of the fact that he was a second rate QB to start with.

How do you guys feel about A-Rod, Roger Clemons, and Barry Bonds? Liars and cheaters....

Anyone that gets caught using roids should be thrown out of the league and their career stats set to 0. I am not limiting that comment to baseball either.

TheGodfather
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Cheaters, but did they ruthlessly abuse animals? I don't think so. I don't think they abused helpless dogs.

They fucked up their own bodies and compromised the integrity of the game persay, although every basebally player is taking something so it's sort of a joke.

You can't compare an animal abuser and steroid user. Not even close.

_Christian_
02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
He's done his time and has a right to a second chance.
Don't like Vick, but he has done his time so it doesn't bother me one bit if he plays again.

Entirely different scenario.

AirMax95
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
You can't compare an animal abuser and steroid user. Not even close.

I was not comparing, just asking.

FasTech
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, I know what he did was wrong but some of you act like you have never made mistakes. Fighting dogs was very mean, but no different then some of you driving drunk or street racing, which is putting someone else's life in danger. You pick, Dog or Human. It was a mistake and he has been punished and lost tons of money.

I say, let him play but he should still be on probation or something.

AirMax95
02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, I know what he did was wrong but some of you act like you have never made mistakes. Fighting dogs was very mean, but no different then some of you driving drunk or street racing, which is putting someone else's life in danger. You pick, Dog or Human. It was a mistake and he has been punished and lost tons of money.

Thats how I feel about it.

If you street race, or drive drunk, and put someone in danger you should NEVER be allowed to drive again. Yes, I am serious and thats how it should be.

Pablo
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope not. Criminal or not, he was a shitty QB

JDM LEX
02-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I honestly hope he comes back strong and proves the world wrong.

I loved Vick when he played for the Falcons and im sure wherever he goes he will become the star player again.

Stop hating on greatness!

FasTech
02-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Thats how I feel about it.

If you street race, or drive drunk, and put someone in danger you should NEVER be allowed to drive again. Yes, I am serious and thats how it should be.

Well I don't know about NEVER driving again but a very hard punishment would deff. be in order.

I hope not. Criminal or not, he was a shitty QB

Are you serious? You must be thinking of a different player. I don't care what anyone says... If you know sports, you know Vick had talent.

Alan®
02-13-2009, 06:16 PM
could careless maybe he learned the hardway and cleans up his act.

TheGodfather
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
I honestly hope he comes back strong and proves the world wrong.

I loved Vick when he played for the Falcons and im sure wherever he goes he will become the star player again.

Stop hating on greatness!

The word you were looking for is mediocrity.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, I know what he did was wrong but some of you act like you have never made mistakes.

His mistake was getting caught. Fighting and torturing dogs was a conscious decision.

Fighting dogs was very mean, but no different then some of you driving drunk or street racing, which is putting someone else's life in danger.

Yes fighting dogs could be compared to that, then you add torturing them and it is comparable to actively searching for a car to hit at high speeds.

You pick, Dog or Human.

I wasnt aware that Vicks life was in danger unless he fought and tortured dogs. Could you link me to the story that mentioned that aspect?

It was a mistake

Actually it wasnt. It was a conscious decision.

and he has been punished and lost tons of money.

not nearly enough

hopefully Goddell has the balls to do what is right and permaban his punk ass.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
The man should be allowed to do anything once his time is served.
Bunch of fucking hypocrites in this damn thread, I swear.

If you're that damn concerned about ANIMALS, then stop eating meat, chicken, fish, and whatever other animal is consumed as food and stop wearing clothing and accessories that use animal skin and fur. Using the animal lover line of thinking, an animal is an animal and one shouldn't cry for injustice just when it's convenient.

If you're not prepared to make that sacrifice for your overwhelming concern for fucking animals then do yourself a favor and stfu, please and thank you.

FasTech
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
His mistake was getting caught. Fighting and torturing dogs was a conscious decision.

Yes fighting dogs could be compared to that, then you add torturing them and it is comparable to actively searching for a car to hit at high speeds.

I wasnt aware that Vicks life was in danger unless he fought and tortured dogs. Could you link me to the story that mentioned that aspect?

Actually it wasnt. It was a conscious decision.

not nearly enough

hopefully Goddell has the balls to do what is right and permaban his punk ass.

Oh, so you're Mr. Perfect, eh?! :rolleyes: I'm in no means, saying Vick never did anything wrong nor that it was a big deal. I hate that he did it, and I lost respect for the man, but I don't see why we couldn't give him another shot. Thats like saying, you were caught doing the same thing... Would you want everyone to never let it go or not give you another chance at maybe getting your life back on track? Didn't think so. He made wrong decisions(If you like that better) and he has lost a good bit between fans, money, respect, etc... So I don't see why not giving him another chance. Maybe all this has taught him a lesson. And you totally took what I said about the street racing/drunk driving thing the wrong way. Might want to read to understand a little better. :goodjob:

FasTech
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Bunch of fucking hypcrites in this damn thread, I swear.

If you're that damn concerned about ANIMALS, then stop eating meat, chicken, fish, and whatever other animal is consumed as food and stop wearing clothing and accessories that use animal skin and fur. Using the animal lover line of thinking, an animal is an animal and one shouldn't cry for injustice just when it's convenient.

If you're not prepared to make that sacrifice for your overwhelming concern for fucking animals then do yourself a favor and stfu, please and thank you.

Rep'd for tr00f.

TheGodfather
02-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Eating meat and personally abusing animals are in no way connected.

Humans can fight back unless restrained. So don't compare that.

The level of criminal intent and mindset it takes to beat the shit out of a helpless and innocent dog is disgusting. It's not as bad a child abuser, because a human is different. But it is sick to the worst degree.

He did it for years, he only is "realizing" his mistake now so he can try and make money again.

He is a piece of shit. I hope they put him down.

green91
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I can't believe they dont have clauses that would terminate his contract due to embarassing the NFL and the falcons as well as himself.. the fact that hes still got a contract is highly irritating to me.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Eating meat and personally abusing animals are in no way connected.

Humans can fight back unless restrained. So don't compare that.

The level of criminal intent and mindset it takes to beat the shit out of a helpless and innocent dog is disgusting. It's not as bad a child abuser, because a human is different. But it is sick to the worst degree.

He did it for years, he only is "realizing" his mistake now so he can try and make money again.

He is a piece of shit. I hope they put him down.

Logic fails you.

Can a fucking chicken or a cow fight back anymore than a dog or a cat can?
It's so inhumane to make dogs fight but it's ok to put them to sleep when animal shelters become overcrowded?
An animals life is equal to that of a humans?
Give me a fucking break.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I can't believe they dont have clauses that would terminate his contract due to embarassing the NFL and the falcons as well as himself.. the fact that hes still got a contract is highly irritating to me.

Falcons could void his contract and not pay him, but they still take the salary cap hit for some reason. IMO if player is cut then his salary should be also. For some crazy reason thats not how it works though.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Bunch of fucking hypocrites in this damn thread, I swear.

Why dont you explain to me how I am a hypocrite.

The animals that are butchered are not tortured to death, they are killed quickly and relatively painlessly. Also, those animals are eaten, not buried in the back yard. Was Vick eating the dog's he killed?

I dont eat lobster or crab because of the way they are prepared.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I've never done any research on this subject but, we have to be the only country in the world that panders to PETA pansies and fucking Fido lovers by making laws where the punishment for offenses revolving around animals is worse than in some cases for crimes perpetrated against human beings....
That's fucking ridiculous....It's a fucking ANIMAL!!!

I understand that you may love Fido for reasons that I may find totally fucking retarded but to go to the point of humanizing an animal and thus treating it as such both at home and in the eyes of the law is the dumbest shit ever to me.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I've never done any research on this subject but, we have to be the only country in the world that panders to PETA pansies and fucking Fido lovers by making laws where the punishment for offenses revolving around animals is worse than in some cases for crimes perpetrated against human beings....

I understand that you may love Fido for reasons that I may find totally fucking retarded but to go to the point of humanizing an animal and thus treating it as such both at home and in the eyes of the law is the dumbest shit ever to me.

If you dont agree with American laws or have a sense morality then you are welcome to leave.

And you are wrong. There are no first world countries that allow the torture of animals.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Why dont you explain to me how I am a hypocrite.

The animals that are butchered are not tortured to death, they are killed quickly and relatively painlessly. Also, those animals are eaten, not buried in the back yard. Was Vick eating the dog's he killed?

I dont eat lobster or crab because of the way they are prepared.

Hypocrisy example:

So because the animals have their lives taken away in a manner in which you view to be "humane" , that makes it ok? I mean afterall, murder is murder, isn't it?

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
If you dont agree with American laws or have a sense morality then you are welcome to leave.

And you are wrong. There are no first world countries that allow the torture of animals.

Thanks for the invitation however, I don't need your permission to stay or leave.
Source for your claim?

SuperChicken
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Regardless of his criminal activities, or his lies about them...
The picture that remains with me is the one of him giving the finger--both of em in fact--to the crowd after the New Orleans loss, a game he almost single handedly gave away. Much the same as Neon Deon saying "I don't give a shit what those blue collar assholes say about me. I'm driving to the bank in my Bentley while they are gettin dirty and bitchin' about me".
That is a man I have NO RESPECT FOR. PERIOD. END OF STORY. That showed their true character, not the dogfighting, not the Neon Deion persona. And THAT is why I don't give a flying fuck what happens to either of them.:2up:

Arm&hammer
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM

I'd rather him cheat than kill innocent fucking dogs just for fun.
screw Michael Vick.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I realize that I'm in the minority when it comes to the animal issue and quite frankly, I don't give a shit.

I think the practice of humanizing animals, or more specifically dogs and cats, is fucking retarded and no amount of attacks on "my morality" because I don't pander to that bullshit is going to change my mind.

Same ppl wanting Vick to die over fucking dogs are the same ones that have no issue tracking down and shooting defenseless deer and whatever other animals are hunted for sport and enjoyment...If that doesn't scream hypocrisy then I don't know what does...

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Speaking of hypocrisy, BanginJimmy is in another thread advocating the shooting of Mexicans (human beings) that trespassed on a man's land crossing the border but in this thread defending the "rights" of household fucking pets....and then makes a comment about my sense of morality? Ironic, huh?

SuperChicken
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Regardless of his criminal activities, or his lies about them...
The picture that remains with me is the one of him giving the finger--both of em in fact--to the crowd after the New Orleans loss, a game he almost single handedly gave away. Much the same as Neon Deon saying "I don't give a shit what those blue collar assholes say about me. I'm driving to the bank in my Bentley while they are gettin dirty and bitchin' about me".
That is a man I have NO RESPECT FOR. PERIOD. END OF STORY. That showed their true character, not the dogfighting, not the Neon Deion persona. And THAT is why I don't give a flying fuck what happens to either of them.

BobbyFresco
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
When Danny Heatley killed his friend, driving like a jackass, ppl were so fucking forgiving. " He didn't mean to, they were friends", blah blah. He killed a fellow human being and ppl found it within themselves to forgive someone who stole another man's life. He went on to play again after a slap on the wrist.

Now, Micheal Vick is indirectly involved with dog fighting and ppl are foaming at the mouth, eyes full of murder, wanting to burn this man alive.....Because of fucking animals....Where's all the forgiveness that Danny Heatley got when he killed another man?

FasTech
02-13-2009, 07:50 PM
When Danny Heatley killed his friend, driving like a jackass, ppl were so fucking forgiving. " He didn't mean to, they were friends", blah blah. He killed a fellow human being and ppl found it within themselves to forgive someone who stole another man's life. He went on to play again after a slap on the wrist.

Now, Micheal Vick is indirectly involved with dog fighting and ppl are foaming at the mouth, eyes full of murder, wanting to burn this man alive.....Because of fucking animals....Where's all the forgiveness that Danny Heatley got when he killed another man?

This is exactly what I have been trying to say. If I could rep you again, I would. I think some are not following it, like some of us.

EJ25RUN
02-13-2009, 08:00 PM

I hope he gets AIDS and never plays in any sport again. Unless the sport is him fighting 5 dogs a bear and manbearpig.

Fixed again.

How is purposely killing an innocent animal the same as cheating in a sport?

FlipKing
02-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I ruthlessly abused your mom. True story. I hope he gets to play again and we get a 3rd round pick for him :D

alpine_aw11
02-14-2009, 01:17 AM
The bottom line is, Vick is going to get out of jail and still run a 4.2 or something. He's still worth a shitload of money in the NFL. I hope a pit bull bites his dick off, but as long as the Falcons get someone good for him I don't care if he comes back to the NFL.

JeremyEvoX
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
The bottom line is, Vick is going to get out of jail and still run a 4.2 or something. He's still worth a shitload of money in the NFL. I hope a pit bull bites his dick off, but as long as the Falcons get someone good for him I don't care if he comes back to the NFL.

Exactly. I hope they do reinstate him just so we can trade him. The thing is, he was a horrible QB in the first place. He was a great runner but a horrible QB. Over the four years that he actually played at least 15 games, he averaged a meager 2,533.75 yards per year. His average QB rating was 77.275 over those same years. The most TD's he ever threw was 20 with 13 interceptions. Matt Ryan, in his rookie year threw for 3,440 yards and 16 TD's with a passer rating of 87.7.

Another example that Vick was a bad QB. He tried to throw every ball 100 mph causing his WR's to miss a lot of balls. How bout putting some touch on the ball. Roddy White was set to become one of the biggest busts in football playing with Vick. In two years with Vick, he caught 59 balls for 952 yards. The last two years, he has caught over 80 balls for over 1,200 yards each. That shows it wasn't White that was the problem. It was Vick.

Kaiser
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM

I hope he can't. Just because I like kicking a dog when it's down.

Maybe me and Vick have something in common?

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-16-2009, 06:54 AM
In two years with Vick, he caught 59 balls for 952 yards. The last two years, he has caught over 80 balls for over 1,200 yards each. That shows it wasn't White that was the problem. It was Vick.What he do on every catch? Run up and down the field couple of time to get the 1,200 yards?

Spectic Tank
02-16-2009, 08:05 AM

You do realize that Michael Vick didn't go to jail for fighting dogs right?

And what laws make punishing an animal worse than a human? Because if Vick did to human what he did to those dogs, he would be put to death....so, wtf are you talking about?!