PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is wrong with my Clutch?! *more info inside*

teh_mugen18
02-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Its a strange issue.... I have an older Honda with a cable clutch running for it, and i swapped the engine out around last October or so.... Checked the clutch, and it all looked good. Teeth were all there and looking good, and the disc had plenty of friction material on it.

And when i drive it, it drives just fine. No slippage, chattering, etc; its great. Except for when i want to take my engine above 6500rpms. For some reason, whenever i do this, and try to shift, my clutch pedal STICKs to the floor until the engine decels to ~5000rpm or below, then begins acting normal again. What could this be? (its a stock clutch with ~150,000mi on it btw)

Bruce Leroy
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
That sucks, I wish i could help you... You seem to have more car problems than anyone I know

teh_mugen18
02-13-2009, 08:00 AM
That sucks, I wish i could help you... You seem to have more car problems than anyone I know

lol its not really a PROBLEM though, its more like a thing that i cant stand dealing with... Because, my clutch daily drives perfectly, but when i start gettin on it into the upper rpms it acts up on me when i go to shift... I probably just need to go ahead and get a more aggressive clutch...

SuperChicken
02-13-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't get why a more aggressive clutch would help???

Sounds to me like it has more to do with the cable or throwout mechanism.:2cents:

Tech5
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Your clutch cable is melted very common issue with a older cable my friend....Install a new cable and your GOLDEN

the cable has a burr spot somewhere ....Just replace it and then thank me later!

teh_mugen18
02-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Your clutch cable is melted very common issue with a older cable my friend....Install a new cable and your GOLDEN

the cable has a burr spot somewhere ....Just replace it and then thank me later!

:goodjob:

EDIT:

I don't get why a more aggressive clutch would help???

Sounds to me like it has more to do with the cable or throwout mechanism.http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/2cents.gif

throwout mech is good too....

Barefoot
02-13-2009, 08:35 AM

the cable has a burr spot somewhere ....Just replace it and then thank me later!thats it:goodjob::goodjob:

Vteckidd
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM

what he said, inspect the cable, its not uncommon for the cable to stretch or have a rough part on it from rubbing against something.