PDA

View Full Version : CAn anyone explain what this thing does????

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I really want to know what the fuck this thing does.
it an liquid cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator

http://a849.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/92/l_37a6bfe6d64e300073f1b763cefe6068.jpg

The only hints I have found is this

1) Environmentally sealed mil-spec data port. Only used for adjustments and uploading settings. Power is fed by 7000 watt peak modified sinewave inverter. Power connections are not visible in this picture.

2) Coolant lines are low pressure UL 94 VO Rated ultra high purity perflouroalkoxy tubing with stainless steel quick disconnect bayonet fittings. Pressure tested up to 60 PSI at 300 degrees F. Maximum operating temp on unit is 190 degrees. PVC tubing is rated to 140 degrees max. PFA tubing is tested to -350°F to 500°F.

3) The unit is not powered up in this picture. For safety reasons, it is never operated while the vehicle is stationary or when people are in front of it. The bubbles are due to the fact that the unit is removed regularly for cleaning and adjustments. The air bubbles are bled off and cleared when the coolant pump begins to operate.

4) The liquid is tinted green and is low conductivity (0.36 micro Siemens). It is not anti-freeze. It is non-toxic and UV reactive.

5) On this point you are partly correct. This unit is not available to the public. It is not United States military technology and therefore does not fall under any military classification...yet.

Video of the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXIzsU3AtBs

nreggie454
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing it is some kind of crazy jammer.

EDIT: Upon doing some research (aka Wikipedia), I found that infrasound might be able to produce unease, anxiety, and fear. I don't see directly how this can be useful in a car, especially since that exhaust can scare the bejeezus out of anybody on its own.

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
IT just seems to much power eleborate to be a rader jammer.

Killer
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
... looks???

i mean if i saw that thing i'd be like...

this car could kill me with it's bare hands...

lol j/k

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
... looks???

i mean if i saw that thing i'd be like...

this car could kill me with it's bare hands...

lol j/k

:lmao:

The Ninja
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Its a load of bullshit. It looks like some fagtard took the radiator for a liquid cooling system for a PC and hooked it up to the front of his car.

AirMax95
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
SAE neutron deatomizer ray gun.

Standard Audi Equipment, pimp shit.

/thread

Echonova
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Its a load of bullshit. It looks like some fagtard took the radiator for a liquid cooling system for a PC and hooked it up to the front of his car.I know what it is... gay. ^^^ Has it right.

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Well if is it is a load of bullshit. HE definelty spently way too much time making it.

From what I read I think it, something to do with nausa. According to a study thats on infrasonic waves, Which is filed under Sound Weapons.

But I don't. Just curious what yall though it was

Benefit
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
its from transporter 4, instead of disarming it by doing a barrel roll and hitting it off with crane...hes gunna do a front flip

Friggintitsman
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
It keeps his jenkem cool for the tailgating party.

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
its from transporter 4, instead of disarming it by doing a barrel roll and hitting it off with crane...hes gunna do a front flip
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

That was awsome

Echonova
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
If you really must know what it does... Fine.

The clue for its purpose lies in the video. He says he has radar and laser gun in the vehicle for testing purposes. Obviously if you have a cop shooting laser or radar its coming from in front of you, hence why its mounted in front. Infrasonic waves distort the atmosphere as they travel through it. Radar and laser guns shoot out a signal that it reads as it bounces off an object and comes back. Distort the atmosphere that those waves travel through and the wave will dissipate or be dispersed thus the gun will have an erroneous reading unlike when it is being jammed. Very sneaky, minus the whole "Hey what the hell is that box mounted on the front of your car?" thing.

However infrasonic waves at low frequencies do cause discomfort, nausea, dizziness, feelings of anxiety, etc, and at ultra low frequencies like 7 hertz can cause death. Now I doubt he is using it to blast infrasonic waves into competitors vehicles to make them shit their pants, but I'm not about to test that theory by cutting him off in traffic either. If by some rare unrealistic chance that is its purpose, depending on the state he uses it in and is successful, he could cause a fatality and receive the death penalty.

BTW: In the video he mentions having strobe lights. The purpose of those in a Bullrun setting is if anyone is behind you and you are running lights off with infared, the strobe lights rearward makes infared useless to your opponent.

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
You copy and paste that LMFAO

gtrmonkey
02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
But yea that what I was thinking too. After I read that but then again. Could it just be for nausa. For exmaple Traveling at a high rate of speed and then your rader goes off. You flip off your lights and turn on the infrasonic think. Since it distort vison to a blur. You fly buy The cop, he start to focus on his smotach notchin up and you just fly by.

Humphrizzle
02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
it's a flux capacitor.

dumbasses.

it's what makes time travel possible.

RedEj8
02-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Im going with Chuck Norris. A guy with that name could never be wrong.

x Resilience
02-13-2009, 07:07 AM
It keeps his jenkem cool for the tailgating party.

Bwhahahahahahahahahhaha!!!! :lmfao:

:lmao:

jacktheraper
02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Does anyone remember from the batman forever movie BAINE!!!!!!! you press the button and the juices get flowing and the car get beefy like BAINE!!!!!

Kevykev
02-13-2009, 09:39 AM

... still pissed about that scene!

AnthonyF
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Looks like an infared scanner that was mounted to the bumper. Instead of a power wire and ground, he tapped it to make it look like water or air runs to it.

-Ant.

gtrmonkey
02-13-2009, 09:58 AM
HMMMM.... Very interesting.

ksniperfox
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
it's a flux capacitor.

dumbasses.

it's what makes time travel possible.

no, vtec makes time travel possible

gtrmonkey
02-13-2009, 01:54 PM
lol QFT

The Ninja
02-13-2009, 02:04 PM
lol QFT

Fail, because you didn't quote anything fuckface.

gtrmonkey
02-13-2009, 05:07 PM
^^^^AHH DAMN OWNED