PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Income TAX

RL...
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Have you done yours? I just did mine and I'm getting a couple stacks back. :bump::cheers::D:yes:

quickdodgeŽ
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Already in the bank with mine. Later, QD.

Revmaynard
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, I got back a third of what I got last year.

LS2ner
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
got mine back feb 3rd. Few extra G's is always nice.

RL...
02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
damn you guys are quick with it!

I thought I got to it fast but :eek:

I can't wait until I get the money so I can buy tires for my new wheels!!!!!

§treet_§peed
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
got mine in my savings today. got back over 1600 bucks. if i would had a kid or two to claim i could of easily of past the 4k mark. according to the tax professional. anyways its all good cause that just goes towards getting my new car.

Echonova
02-11-2009, 11:16 PM
LOL at the phrase "getting back", it was your money to begin with... You paid too much and the government had your money all year intrest free. Should have been in your paychecks instead. I for one, know I can do a better job spending my money than the government can.

Halfwit
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
i purchased a house, so i will be pocketing the 7500$ govt real estate incentive.

too bad its basically an interest free loan, and about 450 is deducted from what i would get back in returns for the next 15 years.

oh well. more for savings in case i get in a tight spot.

hondachik
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I has peoples. ( H & R Block )

Anyways did mine over two weeks ago and got back around $4100 on RAL. Shame my daughters dad will get to claim her the next two years and I won't get that extra money.

On the plus, in August I'm popping out one to replace her...so I guess I won't be missing out much afterall. Plus I'm making sure me & the pops buy a house this year. :goodjob:

Revmaynard
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
.....that sounds really messed up. LOL

RL...
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
.....that sounds really messed up. LOL

x2 REALLY messed up

Halfwit
02-11-2009, 11:30 PM
i neeed to find a woman who lives off the govment, doesnt work, and has a kid she will let me claim.

seriously gonna do that next year. ill save over 2k, and ill throw the wretch like 400 or so.

Echonova
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM

Anyways did mine over two weeks ago and got back around $4100 on RAL. Shame my daughters dad will get to claim her the next two years and I won't get that extra money.

On the plus, in August I'm popping out one to replace her...so I guess I won't be missing out much afterall. Plus I'm making sure me & the pops buy a house this year. :goodjob:http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/42987528754298457.jpg

Revmaynard
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I know one. :ninja: lulz

Echonova
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I know one. :ninja: lulzYour mom doesn't count...

O00ooooOOO000oooOOOOOOo burn

Revmaynard
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Lulz. Actually, a chick who just got fired from my job said fuck everyone because she would get like 8g's back for her kids (single mother) and she didn't even need to work. LOL

Halfwit
02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
ill jsut put an ad on craigslist next year..lulz

Echonova
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Lulz. Actually, a chick who just got fired from my job said fuck everyone because she would get like 8g's back for her kids (single mother) and she didn't even need to work. LOLTell her you know a guy that doesn't miss. I bang out a kid everytime, and then she could get more money from the government.

And all this is true.. before my vasectomy

Crazy Asian
02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
got like 400 something but I only worked part time. spent it on new glasses for me.

Elbow
02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
I got 7,493 back.

SicStang03
02-12-2009, 04:47 AM

On the plus, in August I'm popping out one to replace her...so I guess I won't be missing out much afterall. Plus I'm making sure me & the pops buy a house this year. :goodjob:

Yea.... nothing like popping one out to collect :2up:

slowinmidga
02-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I gave them $200 back....Damn getting married cost me money

Princess12
02-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I gave them $200 back....Damn getting married cost me money

Ouch! Time to "pop" out a kid like a previous poster and get your money back.

Julio
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Is funny how you guys say you need to have kids to get money back and all this other bullshit..

Go to a real tax proffesional... Keep your deductions in order and know what to claim as a deduction and you will get more then the lame amount of some are you are claiming to get.

If you go to H&R block or any other companies like them.. you are more then likely getting ripped off..

I got more money then some people with kids and homes... stop letting the system screw you.. I mean, they already borrow our money interest free..

wake up people..

ksniperfox
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
just a testament to Julio's post...

for example, last year i tried an online thing, free on the IRS website. they said i was only getting $20 back. i went to H&R block, went through some stuff for about 30 minutes, they said $20 bucks. then they asked me how i would like to pay. i said im not filing my tax return here, its a waste of my money($100 at that!). filed online for free and got 20 bux.

but this year, i made substantially more money($45k in 2008.) im open to all tips/advice, because this time the online place says i get a lil under $1k back, but i was hoping for more, and i owe 200 to state. which i guess isnt that bad, i havent been lending the federal government too much interest free money.

Julio
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
just a testament to Julio's post...

for example, last year i tried an online thing, free on the IRS website. they said i was only getting $20 back. i went to H&R block, went through some stuff for about 30 minutes, they said $20 bucks. then they asked me how i would like to pay. i said im not filing my tax return here, its a waste of my money($100 at that!). filed online for free and got 20 bux.

but this year, i made substantially more money($45k in 2008.) im open to all tips/advice, because this time the online place says i get a lil under $1k back, but i was hoping for more, and i owe 200 to state. which i guess isnt that bad, i havent been lending the federal government too much interest free money.

Thats all you getting back? No deductions?

If you want I can reccomend to some experts.. They are located of hwy 29.. They speak english.. lol They been there for 15+ Years btw.

They charge $150.00.. But Im sure you may thank me.. If you are not happy with the return.. you dont pay..

45 K

I say you should get back Close to 5k or so combined.. depending on how much you paid in taxes and deductions..

Julio
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Don't believe me, Ask Pothole on here AKA Pablo...

ksniperfox
02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
i dont keep many, if any, receipts. i know how much i spent on uniforms this year. other than that i cant think of anything else that could be deducted. im NOT tax smart.

btw i kept getting pissed at h&r block cause the damn bitch didnt speak much engrish.

Julio
02-12-2009, 06:14 PM
i dont keep many, if any, receipts. i know how much i spent on uniforms this year. other than that i cant think of anything else that could be deducted. im NOT tax smart.

btw i kept getting pissed at h&r block cause the damn bitch didnt speak much engrish.

Fuck receipts...

Go there,... the IRS knows you have expenses....

Theres alot of things...

Shit, Just google information on it.. and you will be surprise

rickgiblin
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Thats all you getting back? No deductions?

If you want I can reccomend to some experts.. They are located of hwy 29.. They speak english.. lol They been there for 15+ Years btw.

They charge $150.00.. But Im sure you may thank me.. If you are not happy with the return.. you dont pay..

45 K

I say you should get back Close to 5k or so combined.. depending on how much you paid in taxes and deductions..

Can you send me the info for the people you use to do your taxes?

§treet_§peed
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Can you send me the info for the people you use to do your taxes?x2

JennB
02-13-2009, 07:07 AM

That is not really true. You can't say that people should get more back if you don't know what they paid. I get very, very little back... why.... because I fill out my W-4 correctly. It has nothing to do with not having enough deductions. You have to know someone's entire tax situation before you can make any statements about the size of their refund.

BTW, I'm an accountant. I understand taxes perfectly.

If you have the correct amount taken out of your check throughout the year, you shouldn't get much back. You get a refund because you overpaid. I hear people all the time saying "so and so got back $4000, why can't I get that?" and being angry about it but you really cannot compare your refund to anyone else's, it just doesn't work that way. The only thing you can compare is your tax liabilities for the entire year but to do that you need to have similar incomes and similar life circumstances.

For example. You can have two people, single, no kids, no deductions and each making $30k a year. One guy can get a refund of $2000 and the other gets $300. Did they guy who got $300 get screwed? (if they each filled out their 1040's the same) No, their overall tax liabilities should be the same but one of them over paid by more meaning the guy who got back $300 paid about $80 less on each of his paychecks all year. So he's been getting his money all through the year while the other guy took home a paycheck that was $80 less just so he could get that bigger refund. But in the end, they paid exactly the same amount of tax. See, you really can't compare refunds.

DO NOT go to H&R Block. Biggest ripoff in the world. The best thing to do is find a retired CPA or one who does taxes on the side for extra money. H&R Block employees are NOT accountants, they are NOT CPA's. They are seasonal workers who simply take your info and input it in their system. Something you can easily do yourself for FREE. And no, I will not do your taxes. I stopped working in public accounting and moved to private industry about 4 years ago. I still do taxes for family and friends but I really have no interest in doing 100 tax returns a year anymore. I did my time and not I'm relaxing :lmfao: I'm always absolutely amazed when I hear single people with no complicated tax situations tell me they paid $100+ to have their taxes prepared. If you're single, no house, no kids, no work expenses, no school, etc., (just take the standard deduction) your tax form consists of about 4 entries, really. There is no way to mess it up and nothing you can do to get more money back. Paying someone to do that is crazy.

Brick
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Already spent it on my car....

Julio
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
That is not really true. You can't say that people should get more back if you don't know what they paid.

Uhhhh, Ok Miss accountant.. You said, what I said... DUH

Originally Posted by Julio

I say you should get back Close to 5k or so combined.. """depending on how much you paid in taxes""" and deductions..

:rolleyes:

Julio
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
But is all good..

JennB
02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
No need at all to be rude. I was actually just trying to be helpful. A lot of people really misunderstand taxes.

Julio
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
No need at all to be rude. I was actually just trying to be helpful. A lot of people really misunderstand taxes.

Not being rude.. If so, My bad ;)

AirMax95
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, I am waiting on a W2 from my skany former part-time job from last year. The retards had my address and social filed wrong the whole time I worked there. Now I have to wait 4-6 weeks for a W2-C form with the corrections.

Damn.......

99hatch
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I already got mine back and bought new wheels and a downpipe.:goodjob:

Norlan
02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Have you done yours? I just did mine and I'm getting a couple stacks back. :bump::cheers::D:yes:

How long did it take you to get back your $$$?

Firefightin_tC
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm just hoping that I don't owe money.

Especially with two jobs...