PDA

View Full Version : What can we as Americans do....

bigdare23
02-11-2009, 04:02 PM
To improve the economy?

I hear alot of negativity toward the government and its actions, but what can you (we) do to contribute to our nation. True, many people and companies messed big time causing our downfall, but the only way I see us getting out of this is by working together. So, I'm just looking at ways (opinions) on how we can improving our current state.

blacknightteg
02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
i expressed mine in that other thread. but i really think that we just need to get our confidence back. in all honesty, yes, its the government that has a big factor in it. but at the same time. its our fault. we as a nation, saw one sign of fail, and we all freaked. we tightened up our wallets and didnt let anything come out. the banks got money to help lend again. but they cant lend if we are to scared to ask for loans or start just spending. if the banks or lendors see that we as a nation are spendinga gain, they will start giving money. hopefully when they do so tho. they distribute loans properly though and not irresponsibly just to get a bonus or a bigger commission.

AnthonyF
02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
It wont get fixed, well, maybe in 2013.

-Ant.

Got Milk?
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
our economy is down?

Gas is cheap.
I got a job.
I got money.

Economy is down? Where?

cornercarver78
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Throw all of our government officials out of office (especially congress) and elect people who are dedicated to spending less and taxing less. We don't need congressmen hanging around washington for 20 yrs.

One_Bad_SHO
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
We should just take over Canada. They have a lot of money. As long as we send the french Canadians back to France, its flawless.

NewGen33
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I say the best thing is if your in debt get out and if your not keep it that way. Whatever plan the government wants to use we have to respect it and do our best to see it work regardless of us agreeing with it or not. As Americans we are known to come together and pull through any adversity that is in our way so this should be no different.

The Ninja
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I say the best thing is if your in debt get out and if your not keep it that way. Whatever plan the government wants to use we have to respect it and do our best to see it work regardless of us agreeing with it or not. As Americans we are known to come together and pull through any adversity that is in our way so this should be no different.

Really? We're known for that? Lmao......

Lol @ Americans.

NewGen33
02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Really? We're known for that? Lmao......

Lol @ Americans.
Obviously you don't know your history.

BanginJimmy
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
First thing to do to get out of this is to blow up your elected represenatives in both houses of congress and tell them to kill this bill. Then we need to vote ALL of them out of office and prevent career politicians from ruining, I mean running this country. Until that happens, expect thing to get a whole lot worse and not get better.

Remember that included in this bill is the first step towards nationalizing health care. Nationalized electronic record keeping so that the govt can help doctors give you the "best" possible treatment. Before we even notice it happening, the govt will have the ifnal authority on whther you are worth the money that life saving, or quality of life saving surgery would cost.

§treet_§peed
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
i will be investing in getting a new car so i think that qualifies as helping the economy on my part. also buying a new house currently.

efman
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
basically the U.S needs a good old fashion revolution, what happens to all the money america owes if there is no more america ?

G.C
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
i expressed mine in that other thread. but i really think that we just need to get our confidence back. in all honesty, yes, its the government that has a big factor in it. but at the same time. its our fault. we as a nation, saw one sign of fail, and we all freaked. we tightened up our wallets and didnt let anything come out. the banks got money to help lend again. but they cant lend if we are to scared to ask for loans or start just spending. if the banks or lendors see that we as a nation are spendinga gain, they will start giving money. hopefully when they do so tho. they distribute loans properly though and not irresponsibly just to get a bonus or a bigger commission.

Agree with you 100%. reps