hondachick22
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
bump or a junk head

konlao
02-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I have some let me kno !!!

EmminoDaGreat
02-14-2009, 11:43 PM
you really shouldnt mix and match cam cap's and heads... but I have some..

preferredduck
02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
you really shouldnt mix and match cam cap's and heads... but I have some..

agreed my friend, last time i came up there i bought a b16 and left the rails at your place, they were very hard to find.

1SOL2NV
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
if you mix them dont they have to be line bored ??? or am i wrong ?

preferredduck
02-19-2009, 02:34 PM

possibly, my brother is a machinist and he says that its not a good idea to mix b/c the cams waer a certain pattern in the metal and when it is changed it can cause problems, same goes for rod barings, emmino would know for sure.

preferredduck
02-19-2009, 02:36 PM

my bro said line boring would make the holes bigger wich you would need different cams. im glad he know metalorgies. . .lol

hondachick22
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
my bro said line boring would make the holes bigger wich you would need different cams. im glad he know metalorgies. . .lol
when u line bore . you can make up for what you take out by lightly sanding the top half of a cam cap on a belt sander till you get back in to the specs you need. and i was always told not to mix caps when i worked for a machine shop, so why is it ok to use gsr ,b16 ,typer cams in different heads :thinking: makes you wonder

preferredduck
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
when u line bore . you can make up for what you take out by lightly sanding the top half of a cam cap on a belt sander till you get back in to the specs you need. and i was always told not to mix caps when i worked for a machine shop, so why is it ok to use gsr ,b16 ,typer cams in different heads :thinking: makes you wonder

i think it comes down to keeping the same caps with the same head. i have type r cams in my b16 and have no problems. you should always try to use whatever originally came out for sure. i had an acura that we actually had some problems from that, then someone ran into it in my front yard. as far as the sanding goes i didn't ask my bro that one, makes sense though.