PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever died?

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 11:00 PM
from the are u scared thread im curious.

i was dead for little over 3mins when i was 15.

efman
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
i would love to hear the story on that.... if you dont mind telling

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
damnit wheres my poll....gay

Maniacc
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I was dead for a couple months when I was an embryo.

I didn't have much brain activity when I was in my mothers' vagina. So technically I was dead.

Revmaynard
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
But you can't die if you hadn't been alive yet....

yungdz
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
But you can't die if you hadn't been BORN yet....

Technically fetus is alive

Maniacc
02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
But you can't die if you hadn't been alive yet....
Sperm is a living organism. Is it not?

There is 'life' in an embryo. Being dead is just not having any brain activity or any vital signs. If you still have brain activity then you have NOT yet died.

redrumracer
02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
nope never been dead

redrumracer
02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
cant be dead if you never took an unassisted breath.

efman
02-10-2009, 11:09 PM
this gonna turn into an abortion thread real quick

Revmaynard
Yes, I know.

My point is, you can't be DEAD if you haven't been alive. lol Meaning, you DIDN'T die.

Maniacc
cant be dead if you never took an unassisted breath.
When someone has an abortion they technically 'killed a living being.'

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
i would love to hear the story on that.... if you dont mind telling

i was out running,when i felt my chest tighten then my throat started to close up i knew i was in trouble,i mean ive had asthma attacks before...so i tried using my inhaler,i probbly used it 10 times and nothing would help...so i had to run bout half a block home while i couldnt breathe.Then i got up on my porch and fell looked at my fingers and they were purple and my skin was snow white...i tried using a breathing treatment but ofcourse my lungs had closed up so that was not gonna work,i told my mom i was dying and then i blacked out....now that was the most painful thing by far i have expericed. i know how someone feels that was suffocated to death,i mean thier was nothing i could do just sit there and wait for myself to go. well when i blacked out i had crazy tunnel vision...like the images were at the end of a long tunnel and kept getting father and farther away..and everything i heard sounded sounded like i was underwater.

then i woke up the next day in ATL with tubes everywhere in me,and my rib was broken from CPR.

was not fun,lol

EJ25RUN
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Does COD count? Cause that was about 9x last game. Damn nades.

Maniacc
02-10-2009, 11:14 PM
i was out running,when i felt my chest tighten then my throat started to close up i knew i was in trouble,i mean ive had asthma attacks before...so i tried using my inhaler,i probbly use it 10 times and nothing would help...so i had to run bout half a block home while i couldnt breathe.Then i got up o my porch and fell look at my fingers and they were purple and my skin was snow white...i tried using a breathing treatment but ofcourse my lungs had closed up so that was not gonna work,i told my mom i was dying and then i blacked out....now that was the most painful thing by i have expericed. i know how someone feels that was suffocated to death,i mean thier was nothing i could do just sit there and wait for myself to go. well when i blakc out i had crazy tunnel vision...like the images were at the end of a long tunnel and kept getting father and farther away..and everything i heard sounded sounded like i was underwater.

then i woke up the next day in ATL with tubes everywhere in me,and my rib was broken from CPR.

was not fun,lol
From doing a little bit of research on it - those tunnels that you saw were your brain's thought process slowly dying. Just like when you would turn off an old school TV the electrical current fades. The brain starts to shut down thus causing these tunnel vision type dreams, images, or whatever you want to call it.

efman
02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
thats insane man, i couldnt imagine basically suffocating to death... well glad your here with us today

DieselNuts
I died during a bad acid trip once. Not for real, but I sure as fuck thought I was dead. Last time I ever touched that shit.

OneSlow5pt0
From doing a little bit of research on it - those tunnels that you saw were your brain's thought process slowly dying. Just like when you would turn off an old school TV. The brain starts to shut down thus causing thise tunnel vision type dreams, images, or whatever you want to call it.

that would make sense.

RandomGuy
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQzyhxIwdVY

silversol
I died during a bad acid trip once. Not for real, but I sure as fuck thought I was dead. Last time I ever touched that shit.
i have had a similar experience!

OneSlow5pt0
thats insane man, i couldnt imagine basically suffocating to death... well glad your here with us today

lol yea and i got shot in the eye with a paintball gun at like 15ft last year and the asthma thing was 10x more painful.......but ive had alot pain in my life so guess it doesnt affect me as much...hell i didnt even cry from the paintball.

DieselNuts
02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
i have had a similar experience!
yeah, not cool at all. I had an out of body experience. I saw myself sitting on the couch with a couple friends. All 3 of us were staring at a tv that was snowy like the cable went out. I thought I was stuck in limbo for eternity.

VooDooXII
02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Does COD count? Cause that was about 9x last game. Damn nades.

I was thinking Rainbow Six myself.

SicStang03
02-11-2009, 04:44 AM
scary shit!!

I just hope when I do go it's quick and painless.. I can't imagine not being able to breathe and waiting to go

J-ROCK
02-11-2009, 07:44 AM
thats crazy man

Nemesis
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I just died a little on the inside after reading this shitty thread!

lol

Slow Motion
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQzyhxIwdVY

Oh I... I just died in your arms tonight
It must been something you said
I just died in your arms tonight

01CDMLUDER
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM

I didn't have much brain activity when I was in my mothers' vagina. So technically I was dead.

That explains alot!!

I've never died. I'm came close though. My friends cousin took like 9 Methadome at once and died b/c he choked on his own puke. My friend found him all blue on the couch and called 911. He's extremely lucky 2 still be alive

Arm&hammer
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
ive never died.
but i would love to hear more stories of the people who have.

Ruiner
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, I died...twice actually. Died twice on the scene (once when they pulled me from the car and once on the helicopter).

5+ minutes each time

MrBoostedCRX
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM

lol good one man had me cracking up

WalkS
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Wow! There is a lot of serious threads in WL lately, especially this one. But I'm glad that your here today to share your story. Your definitely lucky and definitely had someone above watching you!

eraser4g63
02-12-2009, 12:53 AM

was not fun,lol

Congrats you are 1% of 3%. only 3% of true cardiac arrest in the USA have a pulse return and only 1% of them walk out of the hospital with out deficite. I know its not a club you really wanna be in but its always nice to know EMTs made a difference.

FasTech
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I haven't died. I was about 13 or 14 and I was outside riding my dirtbike. I remember riding up towards my house then waking up on the pourch with my dad screaming at me and my mom crying. When I realized what was going on, dad told me he found me on the ground unconscious. My dirtbike was laying on the ground beside a tree and the handle bars were bent, front plastic piece was broke, front tire was alittle bent, and the tree had alot of scrape's. I also hit the tree hard enough, it cracked my HJC helmet. So, obivisouly I blacked out and hit the tree. I remember it like it happened yesterday and I don't remember every riding all the way up my driveway and hitting a tree. But I honestly don't know if maybe I can't remember it or what. I never went to the hospital to find out what happened (Dumb move, I know).

keva52
02-12-2009, 01:27 AM
ive died twice..
i drown once and was brought back 15 min later
the other time i OD'd and i honestly dont know how long i was gone

Thighs
02-12-2009, 01:41 AM
lol @ the drug usage stories.

i odnt think that almost dying because youre an idiot counts.

SicStang03
02-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Yes, I died...twice actually. Died twice on the scene (once when they pulled me from the car and once on the helicopter).

5+ minutes each time

how can you just put that out there and not elaborate!! I need details :tongue1:

Ruiner
02-12-2009, 04:51 AM
how can you just put that out there and not elaborate!! I need details :tongue1:

17ft box truck ran a redlight at 60mph, hitting me on the driver's side. This is what the car looked like afterward:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/3000gt/3000gt_20030124_001.jpg

SicStang03
02-12-2009, 04:52 AM
17ft box truck ran a redlight at 60mph, hitting me on the driver's side. This is what the car looked like afterward:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/3000gt/3000gt_20030124_001.jpg

HOLY CHIT!!! I bet you got I nice settlement check though...

Glad you're still with us :cheers:

Ruiner
02-12-2009, 07:15 AM
HOLY CHIT!!! I bet you got I nice settlement check though...

Glad you're still with us :cheers:

Not as much as you think. A settlement is only as good as the person's insurance coverage and/or their assets - both of which were not a lot.

Humphrizzle
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
no.. i have not died.