PDA

View Full Version : Misc So F.E.A.R. 2 comes out tomorrow...

ubers2k
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
who's picking it up? I've had my copy on pre-order for almost 3 months now, and just went back through the original to freshen up on the content. It looks like it'll be a sick sequal. At least, I hope it will be.

Deke
02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I've just been seeing the commercials tonight. Looks sick. I only ever played through the first couple of levels of the first game, but it was pretty legit.

ubers2k
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
They do have the demo for download on both the XBL/PSN, so check it out if you're iffy about the game. I haven't actually played it, but I've seen too many videos of the game to not want this.

fivex684
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I got the first FEAR (on release day) and the expansion packs and really liked them. But this game just doesn't fell right. The hud is lame, the glowing enemies in "bullet time" is just retarded, the film grain looks out of place, you can't map controls to side buttons of the mouse and no quick save/load. Monolith just fucked up and consolized the game, I doubt that's an actual word.

gtrmonkey
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I have it for 360 and it rocks. I love it, I not the best game but It alot of funny for sure. It almost creepied me out too much to stop playin

ubers2k
02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
been playing it for a few hours now... shit's intense. i like how it takes place like 5 mins before the end of the first onem, but from a different prespective.

Vteckidd
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
yeah i got it yesterday and havent been able to put it down. Graphics are very nicely done, creepiness factor is still there, but not as intense as DEADSPACE

ubers2k
02-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I got the first FEAR (on release day) and the expansion packs and really liked them. But this game just doesn't fell right. The hud is lame, the glowing enemies in "bullet time" is just retarded, the film grain looks out of place, you can't map controls to side buttons of the mouse and no quick save/load. Monolith just fucked up and consolized the game, I doubt that's an actual word.

the glowing enemies are a side effect of the reflexes that you are given. remember, it acts as a type of adrenaline, which in turn enhances your sight in addition to speed. and i've been playing it on my ps3 and love the control layout. and on the save points... there are a lot of them. it doesn't feel rushed at all. i guess to each their own, but i find it highly recommendable.

eViLMunkey
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Fear 2 Rocks on the PS3, I'm already almost done w/ it

Stormhammer
02-16-2009, 12:22 AM
yeah i got it yesterday and havent been able to put it down. Graphics are very nicely done, creepiness factor is still there, but not as intense as DEADSPACE

Yeah, I'll give it that the game is addicting, but it doesn't hold me on the fucking edge like Deadspace did. Great actions sequences though :D