PDA

View Full Version : This Michael Phelps situation is the stupidest thing on the god damn planet!

Deo Vindice
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/0...ped-by-sponsor/ (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/05/phelps-suspended-from-competitive-swimming-dropped-by-sponsor/)

quote:

Phelps suspended from competitive swimming, dropped by sponsor
Posted: 09:04 PM ET

(CNN) — Olympic hero Michael Phelps was suspended from competitive swimming for three months on Thursday — just hours after one of his sponsors announced it would not renew his contract after a photo surfaced of him smoking from a bong.

U.S.A. Swimming, the nation’s governing body for competitive swimming, said it was withdrawing financial support for Phelps and barring him from competition during the period of his “reprimand.”

“This is not a situation where any anti-doping rule was violated, but we decided to send a strong message to Michael because he disappointed so many people, particularly the hundreds of thousands of USA Swimming member kids who look up to him as a role model and a hero,” the body said in a written statement. “Michael has voluntarily accepted this reprimand and has committed to earn back our trust.”

There's also an interveiw where this self-righteous CNN bitch tries to make him feel terrible for unwinding with a few rips from a bong. She says, "I have to ask this because America wants us to ask you this because so many people look up to you... Michael Phelps, what were you thinking?" (she is dead serious, this is evidently not a joke).

Personally, I'm disappointed in Michael, too. I'm disappointed in him for apologizing to these dicks. He won a giant fuckin' pile of gold medals and brought untold fame to American swimming, and now the media's making him out to be some kind of terrible criminal for smoking weed at a party. It's not like he robbed a bank or stole a car, hell, he wasn't even dealing meth or something else stupid like that.

He should try to get citizenship in some other country, train like the loving dickens for the next four years, and come out to the 2012 Olympics for the Netherlands or whoever and win nine gold medals. After he wins the last medal, he should jump off the podium and light up the biggest blunt anyone's ever seen, filled with the most expensive marijuana on the face of the earth.

uproot
02-10-2009, 05:53 PM
like Seth Myers said during his REALLY?! segment on this past weekend's SNL:

If you're at a party and you see Michael Phelps smoking a bong and your first thought isn't "Wow I get to party with Michael Phelps" and instead you take a picture and sell it to a tabloid - you should take a long look in the mirror because you're a dick, i mean really.

blacknightteg
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
definetly dumb as fuck.

thecrazyone
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
there are alot of people boycotting all the companies that drop him

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 06:17 PM
its just fucking pot. not like he is a pot head. i mean come the fuck on, if he was a pot head like they are trying to make him out to be, there would of been no way in hell he could of done what he done.

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
thing is he is getting paid millions of dollars to be the face of these companies, and be professional...which would be not smoking pot,i mean if he would rather turn down all that money and smoke pot,thats his deal.

but hes a hero to kids,and u dont want ur kid's hero doing drugs.

thats my take.

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
its just a little pot lol. i mean look what he done to get his fame. no one gave a shit before hand.

Deo Vindice
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Valid point, but i feel the way that the media is portraying is wrong. If the companies themselves have a problem with it then so be it... But honestly, why is this shit front page news. Aren't there bigger problems in the world to report about than ONE guy smoking pot ONCE at a party.

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
its just a little pot lol. i mean look what he done to get his fame. no one gave a shit before hand.

so u would turn down million of dollars for one joint?

OneSlow5pt0
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Valid point, but i feel the way that the media is portraying is wrong. If the companies themselves have a problem with it then so be it... But honestly, why is this shit front page news. Aren't there bigger problems in the world to report about than ONE guy smoking pot ONCE at a party.

i agree...thats it has blown up,but i dont blame the companies one bit.

matthewAPM
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
maybe thats why he swam so fast?

Deke
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah this thing annoys me too. I understand that companies are going to want to drop him, but it's getting way too much attention. I'm sure lots of countries are laughing at us for how much of a big deal it's being made out to be.

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
so u would turn down million of dollars for one joint?fuck no, but the point i was making is it was just one damn joint. some times its better if they just look past a simple thing like that after everyone knows it instead of blaring it for the next month.

jimjam187
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
He only lost kellogs, and yes its only pot. What he dos on his own time is his buisness. He still has like 5 other big sponsors that are not going to drop him.

4dmin
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
they should give him 8 more gold medals if he can swim like that stoned. obviously the tool bags complaining about this have never been stoned before :2up:

G.C
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
He needs a break every now and then too. He's still young and wants to have fun.

Link to picture btw who didn't see it:http://media-files.gather.com/images/d602/d479/d745/d224/d96/f3/inter.jpg

EJ25RUN
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
All i'm getting out of this.

Let's just say Phelps likes to smoke often.

I feel really bad for his competitors who cant beat him even though he's baked. Talk about a real motivation breaker. A pot head is better than you.

:lmao:

G.C
02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
All i'm getting out of this.

Let's just say Phelps likes to smoke often.

I feel really bad for his competitors who cant beat him even though he's baked. Talk about a real motivation breaker. A pot head is better than you.

lol. hahah true.

Frög
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
First, let me make it clear that pot is super duper.. Not a pothead myself, but pot definitely helps you see things from a different angle and occasional/recreational euphoric use is nothing to be looked down on.. Anyone that says that pot makes you dumb/useless should look at himself first.. A good friend of mine is the biggest pothead ever and he was a valedictorian at my high-school and is now 3rd year student at Emory with a 4.0 GPA.. Smokes many times, everyday.

I mean seriously, it is just pot.. But the issue is that Micheal Phelps is not just a regular guy, he has responsibilities and expectations as the role-model, icon, champion he is..

A company that keeps sponsoring him and endorsing him like Kelloggs who makes cereal for kids would send the wrong message..

This whole thing is blown out of proportion and it is all because of the media and technology, and to boycott the companies that dropped him is wrong.. These companies are really not the culprits, they have no choice..

Micheal Phelps should of been discrete with his pot use..

Has anyone seen the National Geographic documentary on Marijuana? Good shit!

Turbo Terrance
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM
WHO GIVES A FUCK EVERYBODY SMOKES A LIL WEED SOMETIMES....

Deo Vindice
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
First, let me make it clear that pot is super duper.. Not a pothead myself, but pot definitely helps you see things from a different angle and occasional/recreational euphoric use is nothing to be looked down on.. Anyone that says that pot makes you dumb/useless should look at himself first.. A good friend of mine is the biggest pothead ever and he was a valedictorian at my high-school and is now 3rd year student at Emory with a 4.0 GPA.. Smokes many times, everyday.

I mean seriously, it is just pot.. But the issue is that Micheal Phelps is not just a regular guy, he has responsibilities and expectations as the role-model, icon, champion he is..

A company that keeps sponsoring him and endorsing him like Kelloggs who makes cereal for kids would send the wrong message..

This whole thing is blown out of proportion and it is all because of the media and technology, but to boycott the companies that dropped him is wrong.. These companies are really not the culprits, they have no choice..

Micheal Phelps should of been discrete with his pot use..

Has anyone seen the National Geograhpic documentary on Marijuana? Good shit!

Great post, I couldn't agree more but still... It's dumb as fuck. Period

Got Milk?
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I hate these stupid American fucktards. You Americans are so influenced and controlled by your government. If government say its illegal to smoke pot, ya immediately call people who smoke marijuana drug addicts, pot heads, stoners, etc...But i bet if the government legalized marijuana, all those name calling would be gone? Why would it be gone? Because the government said so. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT DON'T LET THE GOVERNMENT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!

If alcohol was illegal, i wonder what you people would be calling each other.

K20Z1
02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
weed is fucking good.

RL...
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
thing is he is getting paid millions of dollars to be the face of these companies, and be professional...which would be not smoking pot,i mean if he would rather turn down all that money and smoke pot,thats his deal.

but hes a hero to kids,and u dont want ur kid's hero doing drugs.

thats my take.

just because he smokes pot doesn't mean the kids who admire him would. I'm sure the kids admire him for being a great swimmer, not for smoking pot. Even our presidents have smoked pot, who cares. There is NOTHING wrong with pot.

YOU get sleepy, hungry, and happy. Thats it. It's less harmful than alcohol, but if michael was drinking a beer it would be ok. It's only perceived as bad because our government says it's bad.

Well you know what? At one point our government said seperate but equal was ok, so to hell with our gov.

End rant...

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
If I was Phelps, I would go on TV and repeat Kat Williams' words "Don't give me that shit about it's a drug. It aint no motherfucking drug. I've done the research. It's just a plant. It's just grows like that and if you just happen to set it on fire, there are some effects. But thats not the same as drugs, drugs you gotta do shit to it chemically you gotta add baking soda, water, stir it up, i dont know the recipe I'm just saying"

EJ25RUN
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
there are alot of people boycotting all the companies that drop him

Rightly so.

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
before like i said. its a little pot. big whoop. as long as he is not driving and in the position of putting others at risk. let him toke until he falls out.

TheGrillMan
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM
im glad there are actually some good comments in this thread

i was waiting for the "weedzor is illegal therefore its wrong blah blah im a dirty skank" bullshit

mad3nch1na
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
WHO GIVES A FUCK EVERYBODY SMOKES A LIL WEED SOMETIMES....

No one gives a fuck about you smoking weed cause you are a nobody.
Phelps is getting raped up the ass cause hes a role model for allot of people, and its not exactly a good thing to have a role model that breaks the law.
The fact is that he broke the law.

The bottom like is, allot of kids are gonna think that smoking pot is OK cause Phelps does it. And because pot is illegal, the media wants to make an example out of him so that kids don't end up doing the same stupid shit he does.

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 11:14 PM
how do you know he was smoking a hookah pipe?

TIGERJC
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
why didn't he deny it, how could they prove that it was weed since it happened 2-3 months ago

secondgencamaro
02-11-2009, 01:46 AM
How about I'm just tired of Michael Phelps in general?

01CDMLUDER
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah this whole thing is dumb. He took a few hit off a bong at a party and it makes the front page news..WTF? Santonio Holmes was caught with weed this year and he was the superbowl mvp and u don't shit about him getting in trouble like this. Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and many kids looked up to him. I understand where some people are comming from when they say the he's representing America and should be held to a different standard..BUT..I think him smoking weed at a college party is very American! He's still young and he did what many many 20 something year old people do.

And with lungs like that I bet he can rip on a bong hard:lmfao:

_Christian_
02-11-2009, 08:51 PM
No one gives a fuck about you smoking weed cause you are a nobody.
Phelps is getting raped up the ass cause hes a role model for allot of people, and its not exactly a good thing to have a role model that breaks the law.
The fact is that he broke the law.

The bottom like is, allot of kids are gonna think that smoking pot is OK cause Phelps does it. And because pot is illegal, the media wants to make an example out of him so that kids don't end up doing the same stupid shit he does.
I'm sure most kids who know about it only do because of how blown out of proportion it is. Maybe this will make kids (future adults) think and question the legality of marijuana rather than buy into what is being spoon fed to them. I think they should have all the facts (not just propaganda) so that they can be better informed adults.

...And the media isn't covering it the story to make an example of Phelps or take the moral high road. They're doing it for money. They've oversold the shit out of this story, but numbskulls are still eating it up.

gtrmonkey
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
You know ROOR must be lovin this. An 8 time gold medalist smoking out of one there bongs. :lmao:

§treet_§peed
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I bet with lungs like his, that shit was ashes after one hit lol

gtrmonkey
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
:lmao:

I know right. There probably like damn Phelp killed all my weed,

§treet_§peed
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
well considering, from what i've saw/read, those bongs are like 450+ easy.. just imagine what kind of weed he was toking on. or if it was even weed it might of been salvia or something.

gtrmonkey
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
He should have lied and said it was tabacoo. Because you know Everyone Smoke Tobacco out of a ROOR.

§treet_§peed
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
^ yup thats what they say at pendergrass flea market when it comes to their smoking accessories...

JeremyEvoX
02-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Do I think marijuana should be legalized? Sure, I don't give a fuck. However, at this point, it is illegal! This is big news because America's hero and a huge role model to kids is knowingly and willfully breaking the law. It's no different than if he was arrested for DUI or beating his girlfriend. If you owned a company, would you want your spokesman to be a woman beater?

You are right about one thing though. I'm tired of hearing about it. Also, most kids wouldn't even know about it if it weren't on tv every freakin day.

Nubz
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
now theyre trying to arrest him. wtf