PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jeremy Lusk

03RCode
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-obit-lusk&prov=ap&type=lgns

Princess12
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM
At least he died doing what he loved. He had an almost identical accident in 07 attempting the same trick. MX world lost a great rider.

RIP

03RCode
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
For real. In the past few years he had really came up in the freestyle ranks. He will be missed.

Princess12
02-10-2009, 03:20 PM
For real. In the past few years he had really came up in the freestyle ranks. He will be missed.

Yeah... he made quite a name for himself, and he will undoubtedly be missed.

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
:(

AnthonyF
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Jeeze, those guys are nuts. RIP J.L.

-Ant.

oneSLOWex
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
R.I.P.

I just saw his crash vid......rough stuff for sure

FasTech
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Link to crash video? Damn, thats crazy! He will deff. be missed.

Arm&hammer
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
R.I.P.

I just saw his crash vid......rough stuff for sure

yeah, he will be missed for sure.

slow_hatch
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I am surprised more of these motoX and racer guys don't die on a regular basis. They subject themselves to unreal pain. But he was a true athlete, and will be missed for sure. Like someone said before, at least it was doing something he truly loved to do. RIP

Magnus213
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
It's pretty painful to watch, you can tell right away that he's in bad shape. Video can be found on YouTube if you're looking for it.

Got Milk?
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjxV34la88

jimjam187
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
omg that video was sick god rest his soul

Hulud
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
LOL

i love how you all are all affected by this yet dont give a shit when someone on this site dies

Got Milk?
02-10-2009, 08:38 PM
LOL

i love how you all are all affected by this yet dont give a shit when someone on this site dies

I'm affected when i see an animal die, YET dont get me started on people. DEATH SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME, IT JUST SHOWS YOU THAT ONE SECOND YOU CAN BE HERE, THE NEXT YOUR ON ANOTHER SIDE PROBABLY SMOKING POT WITH GEORGE WASHINGTON!

Hulud
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
DEATH SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME, IT JUST SHOWS YOU THAT ONE SECOND YOU CAN BE HERE
LOL @ this comment

damn people like you make me laugh

Frög
02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
man that sucks..

EJ25RUN
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
LOL

I respect anyone that dies doing something they give their life for.

Example.

Ayrton Senna- He did 14 years ago and i still think about his life almost everyday. As do his country men and millions of devoted fans.

Lusk's fans lost someone they might have never meet but to them, he is a vision that they too can work up to become the best. When he died, his fans lost that.

2turbo4u
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Video was taken down

RedEj8
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Video and story..His landing is fucking ouch. at ~5:40 they show it in slow motion

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jeremy-Lusk-Dies-From-Head-Injuries-After-Attempting-Motocross-Stunt-Blog-19119

ironchef
02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-obit-lusk&prov=ap&type=lgnsWhos the chick in your sig?

Ruststang
02-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Other video was taken down.... but here is another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT07Jx8hRdg

DunDunSkeert
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately curiosity got the best of me and I watched the video. This scares the shit out of me. I feel so bad for his friends and family. I almost feel like crying. RIP Jeremy Lusk, we just have to remember that he is in a better place now.

Don't watch it. Some things don't need to be seen.

§treet_§peed
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLNBcGMkZsM

RedEj8
02-10-2009, 10:27 PM
See post 20 for vid. and story.. Happened Saturday..he died early this morning. I thought he died instantly.. So sad.

EDIT: Fuck..all the vids have been removed.

silversol
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
fuck that one was removed too

DieselNuts
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
His brother was always a fav. of mine in SX/MX. This is horrible news.

tdurr
02-10-2009, 11:36 PM
damn that crash looks bad. I have a friend who does that stuff and i kno they take pain like no other. my buddy is 18 and has broken his back 2 times, broken 12 ribs, both legs, and a list of other stuff. It really is crazy that alot of them are still alive. But RIP JL. and best wishes to his family. 24 is too young.

claybird
02-11-2009, 02:18 AM
DAMMIT I FUCKING HATE THIS...RIP BRO

browningboy7
02-11-2009, 02:21 AM
He will def. be missed, He was a true athlete and just a plain badass. RIP man.

DR_Imports
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
It's stunning to watch this. When things are destined to happen they do, no matter how stupid it may seem for someone to go ahead and actually take the initiative to do them. For example look at that, he didn't have a good run so he wasn't going to win or anything, but still, under 10 seconds to go and he still goes for another jump (EVEN THOUGH HE WAS LANDING EXTREMELY WRONG ON HIS PREVIOUS ONES).

And it's shocking how the timer marked the time he had left to "live". You can see that the timer hits zero pretty much at the same time he hits the ground.... creepy... R.I.P.

Oz10
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
His brother was always a fav. of mine in SX/MX. This is horrible news.

If your talking about Ezra I don't think they share any relation. But Ezra's brother did suffer a career ending crash that paralyzed him from the waste down. :no: Me and my brother did a racing school taught by Ezra where the proceeds went to his treatment.

Things like this really make me start to second guess motocross as one of my favorite hobbies. :cry:

DieselNuts
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
If your talking about Ezra I don't think they share any relation. But Ezra's brother did suffer a career ending crash that paralyzed him from the waste down. :no: Me and my brother did a racing school taught by Ezra where the proceeds went to his treatment.

Things like this really make me start to second guess motocross as one of my favorite hobbies. :cry:
oops my mistake. either way, still a shame. After some research, Ezra's bro is Shane...

eYezs1ck
02-11-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_PJm3UiSw

valid link

01CDMLUDER
02-11-2009, 06:14 PM
LOL

for real!!

atleast he died doing something he loved. R.I.P. Bro

rickgiblin
02-11-2009, 07:13 PM
god rest his soul... he was a great rider and many millions looked up at him. now he will be looking down protecting all of those

MR. 200SX
02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
R.I.P. He died at my home country in my favorites team soccer stadium.

Hulud
02-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately curiosity got the best of me and I watched the video. This scares the shit out of me. I feel so bad for his friends and family. I almost feel like crying. RIP Jeremy Lusk, we just have to remember that he is in a better place now.
wow, just wow :rolleyes:

willum14pb
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
terrible.. poor kid. After that 07 crash from the same trick i never would've tried it again. that was his warning i think.. :\

03RCode
02-12-2009, 10:26 AM
terrible.. poor kid. After that 07 crash from the same trick i never would've tried it again. that was his warning i think.. :\

Tr00f. Thats just part of the sport though. Look at Deegan and the 360, crashed bad at winter X a few years back, now hits it with ease.

LQQKITZME
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Very true if you look at the 07 video its crazy how very similar the crash was.

03RCode
02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I figured I would update this with the update Eric Apple of the Metal Mulisha released:

February 10th, 2009 | 12,125 views | There are so many rumors and questions going around, I think it is time that everyone know the truth. By now the entire action sports community, especially the motocross world, has been hit with the news,
that X Games Gold Medalist , Jeremy Lusk, 24, has passed away from traumatic brain injuries incurred while competing in the sport of freestyle motocross that he loved so much. Perhaps the hardest hit, were Jeremy’s families. I say that in the plural sense. Not only is Jeremy survived by his parents and wife, he is survived by another family, that being the Metal Mulisha.

This passed Saturday night, most of our close friends began calling each other, asking if the other had heard about Jeremy’s crash, and if he was OK. Within an hour, I had spoken to some other riders and their wives who were here in San Jose , Costa Rica, where I write this now. Jeremy knocked himself unconscious, and had to be rushed to Calderon Hospital. He underwent emergency brain surgery to relieve massive inter-cranial pressure that had built up from the crash. They were able to remedy the situation for the time being, but apparently, the damage had been done.

Within hours of Jeremy’s emergency surgery, his wife ,Lauren, was by his side. Lauren flew down with her father late Saturday night. Some of us knew that we had to get down here, because Jeremy and Lauren
needed us; they were in trouble. Cameron Steele, Brian Deegan, Ryan Hagy, and myself were on the way Sunday morning. We had no idea what we were getting into, we just knew that our brother was hurt, and it was important for us to be there with him.

Upon landing we went straight to Calderon Hospital. The scene was hard to swallow. It’s tough to see someone you love in that condition. Lauren was waiting for us, ever so strong, next to the love of her life. The wheels in our heads starting turning immediately; we had to make sure Jeremy got the best care possible, or get him back to the U.S. where he could get the best care possible. With the help of countless friends and industry members at home, and especially La Jolla Group CEO Toby Bost, we explored every possibility, including flying in a neurosurgeon to Costa Rica, and transporting Jeremy via a flying intensive
care unit. Jeremy was in a coma, and wasn’t improving at all. We knew we had to act fast.

Jeremy’s parents, were on a plane Monday as we continued frantically to find a solution to the situation Jeremy was in. We met with the head doctor of the Intensive Care Unit, the neurosurgeon , and the director of the entire hospital several times trying to understand the situation and what the best course of action would be.

By Monday afternoon, Jeremy was beginning to deteriorate. His left lung wasn’t working very well, and his blood pressure was falling. These complications were starving his brain of the valuable blood and oxygen
it needed to recover from the massive hit he took. The doctors told us there was little hope and that they would be surprised if Jeremy made it through the night. We stayed by Jeremy’s side all evening and afternoon, praying over him, and waiting for any sign of hope.

Jeremy’s parents, along with Lauren’s mother and sister, arrived at the hospital at approximately 11pm. Within seconds of his parents walking into the ICU, alarms were going off on Jeremy’s monitors. His blood pressure was dropping fast , and his body temperature was at 105 degrees and rising. It was the beginning of the end. All of us stood by for the next hour, praying, hugging, crying, and watching as Jeremy Lusk slowly slipped away to Heaven. Being the hard *** that Jeremy is, even in a coma, he had something to prove. And that was that he could hold on, just long enough, for his parents to see him one last time.

This was one of the hardest things I have ever been through in my life. But I hope each of us takes something away from this. For myself, I realized that although Jeremy was very young, he went out on top. He steadily rose through the ranks of the FMX world for the last several years, and achieved some amazing goals in his life that most people could never dream of. He also went out on top in his personal life; he enjoyed an amazing life as a born again Christian with his beautiful wife Lauren.

I also realized that I am part of something that is so special and different. That is the Metal Mulisha. The effort that was put forth by everyone here blew me away. All of us dropped our lives in a heartbeat and gave everything we had over the last 72 hours. I am so proud of the action and work that my friends and colleagues put in. I am truly honored to be considered part of this brotherhood and to be backed up by
friends like this.

I’m honored to have known Jeremy. When I first met him, I knew there was something special about him. I knew he would fit into the Mulisha way before Deegan actually got to know him. Jeremy proved me right. There was something special, he was a champion on and off the bike.

Eric Apple

Oz10
02-19-2009, 08:33 PM
RIP Jeremy Lusk the sport will miss you.