PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market Sites?

MachNU
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Anyone use a certain site for buying and selling stocks over the internet? I have looked around and Ameritrade seems to be the best one i can find. Anyone use online stock trading and give me some advice on sites to use. Right now just wanting a site to start a portfolio on and be on the watch for stocks to buy. :thinking: :goodjob:

BanginJimmy
02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I use Etrade because of the research they have, but they are kind of expensive. I am probably going to open another account with Scottrade when I can put the money together.

Norlan
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Scottrade, $7 per trade for any stocks above $1

mad3nch1na
02-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Yea e-trade kinda cheated me, I have just been using it for about a year, and out of no where, with no warning they charged me a $50 service fee. I was like WTFFFFF

BanginJimmy
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Yea e-trade kinda cheated me, I have just been using it for about a year, and out of no where, with no warning they charged me a $50 service fee. I was like WTFFFFF

Did they tell you what the service fee was? I have used them for about a year and have not had any unusual charges on my account. Did you get a satisfactory explanation about the charge?

Norlan
02-16-2009, 03:49 PM

did you use margin or trade a penny stock?

yeah, etrade is a ripoff