PDA

View Full Version : Head unit wont hold memory

DarwinsA32
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm almost positive i'm wired correctly. Any reasons why my head unit won't hold the tuning i've set it to or presets?

X-Runner
02-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Not wired correctly. Not keeping power to it while the car is off.

DarwinsA32
02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Not wired correctly. Not keeping power to it while the car is off.

Man, i've wired it right i'm sure, I personally installed a wire from the + terminal of the battery to the yellow constant 12VDc wire, i've got the ignition wire to the Red ignition lead, the mute is removed, the ground s grounded, all the speakers are correct, i mean its nearly impossible to mess up something so simple.

X-Runner
02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
But I bet you did ;)

DarwinsA32
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
But I bet you did ;)

lol, there is a dimmer, a remote, a mute. the other wires are speakers, which sound magnificent...

Black= ground, Screwed into frame
Yellow=Constant 12vt, spliced into battery wire i Installed
Red=Ignition, installed to same wire that goes to the outlets

not possible that there is a bad cap in the head unit?

X-Runner
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Maybe something wrong with it. What brand/model?

Stop by one day this week and Ill take a look/fix it for free.

DarwinsA32
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Maybe something wrong with it. What brand/model?

Stop by one day this week and Ill take a look/fix it for free.

Thanks for the offer, where are you located? It's some higher end pioneer, i'm not going to rip it back out of the dash right now.

okra1981
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Pioneer should have the model number on the face, even my DEX-P9R has it, and that was a $1200 radio, no point in ripping it out.
I would test all of the important wires on a volt meter or test light to make sure ground stays ground and 12v stays 12v and ignition does it's thing, and I'd test it at the plug, and I'd be sure to wiggle the harness and stuff too (you know, technically speaking). Your doing the right thing by running a new power wire and such, I don't know much about your application, but your profile says that you have an '87 Rx, so getting your own power source is a safe bet.