PDA

View Full Version : LS1 in an SC??

Brian*
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I was just exploring the engine swaps done to Lexus SCX00s and I have not seen an LS1 put in one, has anyone heard of or seen it done? I LOVE these engines and their trannys...

But more than likely I'm going to keep the 1UZ in it and build the hell out of it :screwy:

LMK, I think it would be SIC!!!!

Thrust
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Back when I was considering getting a sc300, All that I could find at the time were sc400s. I thought about getting a sc400 any way and doing a lsx swap. I think that the only true hassle that you may run into is wiring the lexus gauge harness to the lsx computer. From a physical standpoint it should not be very difficult at all. Nothing that some custom motor and trans mounts won't fix. All in all that would definitely a real nice swap.

03RCode
02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Brian I say go for it. I'm sure it can be done, they will stick a fucking LS1 in anything.

OneSlow5pt0
02-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Brian I say go for it. I'm sure it can be done, they will stick a fucking LS1 in anything.

lol true.....it wll be just as reliable as the lexus v8,wat bout the rear end in the lexus?

Brian*
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM

I know bro, i would love to drop one in my 240z... It would be a beast, well I just found a web site for the 1,2,3uz engines that can put mine over 500hp... So I guess I'm going to keep mine since it only has 40XXX miles on it!
I just dunno if I wanna keep it auto or not, ill prob turn her into a street/strip car and buy me a carolla or cressida for the drifting part LOL

Check it out, www.lextreme.com (http://www.lextreme.com)

Oh, btw I saw you pass by when I was at Zaxbys*

Brian*
02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
lol true.....it wll be just as reliable as the lexus v8,wat bout the rear end in the lexus?

The "stock" rear end in the SC is garbage... At the least it needs a Supra TT diff, but I'm going with a www.horsepowerfreaks.com ("]Kaaz simited slip[/url] from [url="http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com) that site is insane!

OneSlow5pt0
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
The "stock" rear end in the SC is garbage... At the least it needs a Supra TT diff, but I'm going with a Kaaz simited slip (http://kaaz%20simited%20slip/) from www.horsepowerfreaks.com (http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/) that site is insane!

can u stick a ford 9" under there?lol

Brian*
02-09-2009, 09:07 PM
can u stick a ford 9" under there?lol

Hell... Why not LOL :D

OneSlow5pt0
02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Hell... Why not LOL :D

lol,i love the SCs...its what i wanted,when i ended up getting my maro.

Brian*
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
LT1??

SLOWR/T
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Supra rear so it would still be IRS or custom fab a 03-03 cobra rear chunk like they do the FC's

Jaimecbr900
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
The TRD rear diff will hold the LS1 power w/o any problem. I know of several race cars using that with far more HP than the stock LS1 has w/o issues.

That would be a sick swap, although you can easily make the 1uz have just as much, if not more than, a stock LS1 has by simply going FI. Don't know what the cost involved in doing an LS1 swap would be, but I'm guessing it's going to be close to what FI'ing a 1uz is. Which would be more reliable??? That's really the question. I've put almost 80K mi on my stock motor since going FI. Not boosting much either, but boost none-the-less. The unique factor nod would have to go to the LS1 swap, although as someone said they are putting them into just about anything these days too. It would be sick as hell though. I actually thought about doing something similar when I had access to a full Z06 motor/harness/ecu/etc just a few months ago. It would be cool to have that kind of HP/TQ while staying NA.

My :2cents: .

SLOWR/T
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
LT1??

Cheaper and just as mod friendly. I have one if your interested??? LOL :D

OneSlow5pt0
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
LT1??

thats what will be going in mine.

thier good engines,bu reason im doing LT1 over a LS1 is everything i ahve bolts right up,so alot easier and cheaper.

and id do solid axle on the SC,if it was me.

Brian*
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
first for 9" under an sc...:ninja: Damn, I just had to

Brian*
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
The TRD rear diff will hold the LS1 power w/o any problem. I know of several race cars using that with far more HP than the stock LS1 has w/o issues.

That would be a sick swap, although you can easily make the 1uz have just as much, if not more than, a stock LS1 has by simply going FI. Don't know what the cost involved in doing an LS1 swap would be, but I'm guessing it's going to be close to what FI'ing a 1uz is. Which would be more reliable??? That's really the question. I've put almost 80K mi on my stock motor since going FI. Not boosting much either, but boost none-the-less. The unique factor nod would have to go to the LS1 swap, although as someone said they are putting them into just about anything these days too. It would be sick as hell though. I actually thought about doing something similar when I had access to a full Z06 motor/harness/ecu/etc just a few months ago. It would be cool to have that kind of HP/TQ while staying NA.

My :2cents: .

:goodjob: for sure, I found a site with a shit load of upgrades for the 1u... I just need to look into what all I need now

03RCode
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I say a nice H/C/I LS1/T-56 would make that car move out pretty nicely.

Brian*
02-10-2009, 09:30 AM
^^For sure, I want to do cams, headers, fuel system, forged pistons/rods, vortech v1 supercharger w/IC, and throw an AEM on to tune it.. SHOULD put me around 400-450?? Ill be happy with that. Then I need to decide weather or not I'm going to make it a strip car or drift car Auto or Man.... O well, I have time to worry about that after the engine!

jcbe34
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
AEM? No. Google LS1-edit. Anything is possible. But you'd need to fab engine and tranny mounts of course and modify your driveshaft. It's going to cost a LOT of money if you are paying someone to do it, which it sounds like you would be.

400-450? You can make that with cams and bolt ons to the wheels with an LS1. With an SC you should make 600+ easy. Unfortunately what you listed is about 15k-20k

Brian*
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, ill prob go with AEM... They make a nice system for the 1UZ~ Ill prob spend about 10-15k when I'm done*

Here is a list of shit~

Lextreme is proud to present this awesome rotating assembly. It futures the followings:$3500
· 8 forged Pistons
· 8 Pins with locks
· 8 Sets of piston rings
· 8 Lextreme Lightning Forged H Beam rods with Teflon Coating
· 16 ARP bolts Optional L19 rods bolts
· 8 Set Performance Rod Bearings
· 5 Set Performance Main Bearings
· Complete thrust bearings
· Balanced Crank

· 8 Lextreme Lightning Forged H Beam rods
· Balanced stock crankshaft
· Performance Rod, Main and Thrust bearings
· Rotating assemblies are inspected, installed and tested before shipping
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Valve Spring Upgrade: $250

Titanium Retainers: $300

1mm Oversize Valves: $650

Stage I or Stage II Cams: $750

Multi Layer Steel head Gaskets: $180

Standard ARP Head Studs: $350

Walbro High-Pressure 255 ltr/hr pump kit: $130

High Impedance Injectors 460cc: $350

1UZFE Fuel Rail Upgrade: $400

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator: $250

AEM: $2000

Vortech S/C alone: $2500

$11,610 + Other random parts, S/C IC, and having it tuned.. So yeah Close to 15k!!

jcbe34
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh I thought you were still talking about the LS1 :crazy:

Brian*
02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh I thought you were still talking about the LS1 :crazy:

Haha, I had thought about it... But I'm leaning more to putting one in my 240z!! I love the 1UZ engine, I just need to build the S**T out of it LOL

Do you do road racing??