PDA

View Full Version : I think in about 2 more years...

Julio
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I dont think I will be using my PC anymore.. Or very little..

I hardly get on it anymore.. I mean, I catch my self just using my phone more and more for the normal daily stuff.

Emails, IA, social networking, banking, news...

Honestly, is starting to get annoying to get on my PC..my PC has become a music player more then anything else...

Sammich
02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
*applies care face and ask*

so how much are you gona sell for?

:ninja:

Sport1.3
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
they are becoming obsolete, this is true

4dmin
02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
yes sir - i'm using my phone more and more as well. specially w/ all of the available apps i can do almost everything i can from my PC

Brett
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah I use my Iphone more than my laptop for email, internet, etc now

Jimmy B
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
:::hangs head:::

I dont have one of those cool little new phones with the internets on it

JITB
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
you all are crazy.... a phone will never beat the PC!!!

Revmaynard
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Srsly, I can't stand computing on my phone. Lulz

EJ25RUN
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
In terms of stationary in home items, the TV will replace the PC in that the TV will become a pc of sorts. I prefer my 47'' to a huge laptop monitor.

I still have yet to find a cell phone that can be more efficient than my laptop.

Brett
02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
:::hangs head:::

I dont have one of those cool little new phones with the internets on it

Damn you still have a number pad on yours huh? Damn thats old school son!! LOL

AirMax95
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Srsly, I can't stand computing on my phone. Lulz

I heard that shit. Screen size FTL!

Deke
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't see that happening for me (at least with phones being the reason). I do think that smart phones are great when you're on the go. But personally, when I'm home, I like to be able sit at my desk, look at a full size monitor, use a full size mouse, and type on a full size keyboard. Not to mention all of the software (word, excel, etc.) that a tiny interface just wouldn't be convenient.

gtrmonkey
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I think desktop are going ot go out of style. And everything is just going to be laptops. And your Netbook are what your going to carry to meeting and such.

JITB
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I think desktop are going ot go out of style. And everything is just going to be laptops. And your Netbook are what your going to carry to meeting and such.

i dont see it... laptops are like the gameboys to a xbox 360.... to me.

quickdodgeŽ
02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
i dont see it... laptops are like the gameboys to a xbox 360.... to me.

I agree. I don't see PCs going anywhere. Later, QD.

SEAN
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I used to love my PC 11 years ago...it is just boring now...I spend about a third of my time on here now compared to what I did years ago...I don't text or use the stupid phone to do the internet thing either...it is all getting lame... :gay:

Julio
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM
So this was true...

98blackcivic
04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
fuck a smart phone...

David88vert
04-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Even a laptop screen is too small for a lot of what I do. I use a 25" screen and it's the smallest that I can get away with. Anyone that does serious graphic work has to have more than laptops can give - much less smartphones. Phones have one advantage only - the convenience of carrying it. Good for email, and quick news updates - not good for anything serious.

Austin?
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm on my phone 75% of the days. Hardly touch my labyop.

Bacon
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
My phone is faster than my laptop. Gotta love 4G.

joshk5145
04-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Everyone seems to be so obsessed with doing so much with something small. Even schools are ditching desktops for ipads now. I think it's gonna come down to one thing that will "do it all" and phase everything else out (basically a big screen tv that operates like a computer but will have apps and such like the Andriod/Apple phones. And everything you do will automatically sync between your devices to "keep up with you".

Brett
04-20-2012, 12:19 PM
I only use my iPad and phone these days, my laptop hasn't been powered up in months.

RandomGuy
04-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Even a laptop screen is too small for a lot of what I do. I use a 25" screen and it's the smallest that I can get away with. Anyone that does serious graphic work has to have more than laptops can give - much less smartphones. Phones have one advantage only - the convenience of carrying it. Good for email, and quick news updates - not good for anything serious.
Don't even know any more about that.

All the nicer phones can have remote desktop apps to headless servers... So even then you can still do what you had to do, and the zoom functions somewhat eliminate the screen size issue. The only issue I have is the input: on screen keyboard and mouse kind of sucks. But for example, the motorola Atrix + the laptop dock thing.... Plus a really powerful workstation with everything you do loaded onto it, you don't even need a monitor.

Connect to it from anywhere and work.

Julio
04-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I still use my laptop for work only.. My Ipad around the house. A few month ago i did a 10 slide power point from my iphone using quick office..

David88vert
04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Don't even know any more about that.

All the nicer phones can have remote desktop apps to headless servers... So even then you can still do what you had to do, and the zoom functions somewhat eliminate the screen size issue. The only issue I have is the input: on screen keyboard and mouse kind of sucks. But for example, the motorola Atrix + the laptop dock thing.... Plus a really powerful workstation with everything you do loaded onto it, you don't even need a monitor.

Connect to it from anywhere and work.

Phones don't have the resolution needed for graphics - 900x640 for the iphone 4s. That's not even an HD format.
The only thing that might work in the future is that the phone works like a desktop - where you plug it into a docking station; however, laptops and tablets have been working on that for a long time, and they simply cannot match desktops.

You can't really see a spreadsheet well on a phone screen. Zooming is not convient if you have to data map a lot of Excel data cells.

Processing power on phones is nowhere near what you need for day-to-day corporate work, much less memory or CPU intensive applications. It's going to be quite a few years until it reaches the point that our applications are at now, and by that time, applications will have progressed even farther.

C230K
04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I still have a number pad on my cell :) the only reason is because I can text without looking and I know that now you can speak to the phone and it texts that way but for reason when I talk to the phone it directs me to something else.

Drummerboy
04-20-2012, 11:39 PM
lol, I still have a slide phone with a number pad...

BanginJimmy
04-21-2012, 10:46 AM
PCs are never going away. They simply offer things that a laptop or phone or tablet cannot.

Laptops are done in the next few years. I cannot think of a single thing that I can do on my laptop that cant be done on an ipad. With the growing popularity of Cloud services and remote PC apps, even storage capacity isnt as limiting as it was only a couple years ago.

BanginJimmy
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
lol, I still have a slide phone with a number pad...

never even try a smart phone then. The access and convenience are impossible to live without once you get used to having it.

Nemesis
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
LOL @ PCs are obsolete. hahahaha