PDA

View Full Version : type-x subs

alpine_aw11
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
It seems like people love or hate the Type-X. I've heard the SQ is great, I've heard it's shitty, I've heard they're like tanks, I heard they blow up(highly doubt that), basically I'm at the point where I don't know what to think. I found a great deal on them, and would like to give them a shot. I liked my type-R's a lot, so it seems like I would love these. They just get trashed by a lot of people. Thoughts?

03RCode
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Everyone has a different idea of what sounds good and what doesn't. I like to hear something myself before I buy it, but if the deal is good enough I say give them a shot.

yunglaosta
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
go for it. heard them before, they bump way better than the type r's. if you want to bump loud as hell, then the type x's are for you. i'm saving up for 2 10's type s's because i really dont want to bump that loud.

Beetle
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
The trype x's are a little power hungry, need a beast of an amp to push them. Thats why most people have probles with them. They think that b/c the subs can handle the power they can turn the gain of a small amp all the way up, introduce alot of distortion and blow the sub. Build the right box give it the right amount of power and it will hold up for the long haul.

alpine_aw11
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
The trype x's are a little power hungry, need a beast of an amp to push them. Thats why most people have probles with them. They think that b/c the subs can handle the power they can turn the gain of a small amp all the way up, introduce alot of distortion and blow the sub. Build the right box give it the right amount of power and it will hold up for the long haul.

It will be one twelve, and the amp I have in mind will be more than enough for it. I know they will be power hungry like the type-R's were, that's how Alpine does it I guess.

DarwinsA32
02-10-2009, 12:13 AM
It will be one twelve, and the amp I have in mind will be more than enough for it. I know they will be power hungry like the type-R's were, that's how Alpine does it I guess.

brad, what kinda amp you rockin?

get a ppi 3000/1 wire to 2ohms.

alpine_aw11
02-11-2009, 08:12 AM
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19581

That should do it.

94accordkid
05-07-2009, 07:54 AM
i might want those 2 10s...
how much?

b@d @pple
05-07-2009, 08:13 AM