PDA

View Full Version : Qualify for Unemployment

SilverSurfer
02-09-2009, 11:10 AM
didn't know if this is the right section but i have a question

My grandpa is retired and worked with me at my job but he recently got laid off.

question is: can he receive unemployment?

4dmin
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
if laid off or fired i think is the criteria :goodjob:

speedminded
02-09-2009, 11:48 AM
didn't know if this is the right section but i have a question

My grandpa is retired and worked with me at my job but he recently got laid off.

question is: can he receive unemployment?Was he paying taxes?

JDM onlyy
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
laid-off = YES

fired = no

:goodjob:

SilverSurfer
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
THanks for the help guys

4dmin
02-09-2009, 03:58 PM
laid-off = YES

fired = no

:goodjob:

actually from what i know you can get unemployment if you are fired if it wasn't your fault. like for instance they fire you b/c you aren't performing up to their standards you can get it but not if you screwed something up.

Julio
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
actually from what i know you can get unemployment if you are fired if it wasn't your fault. like for instance they fire you b/c you aren't performing up to their standards you can get it but not if you screwed something up.

If you are fired , you can get unemployment. But if the employer fights your case.. You will get zip.... as long as the employer has all proper documentation... You are screwed.

And usually you will get unemployent while the case is being faught. If the fired employee looses.. they may have to pay the $$ back in some cases..

IntegraXTR
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
when you get laid off they should give you a separation notice, take that paper to the unemployment office and fill out the application. They will get back to you in a week or two and then you go back in and get setup.

BTW, you can get unemployment for being fired or laid off for up to 6 months.