PDA

View Full Version : Crow Mountain Hill Climb

99SI
09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I have posted about this event several times but it is coming up in two weeks on October 1st and 2nd. This is a very neat hill climb/time attack style race that is being sanctioned by the SCCA. I don't know how many of you have an SCCA road race or hill climb license but that is a requirement for entry. The event will be held on Crow Mountain which is near Scottsboro Alabama for reference. It's about an hour or so southwest of Chattanooga. I was up there this weekend and road down s.r. 33 which is where the course will be run on. It looks very good, they have done quite a bit of work up there and have cleaned it up and fixed up the shoulders. It should be a fun event for anyone interested in this type of racing. The website is: http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org/index.htm

Trey
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Too bad no one here can actually go to it and race. :(

Maybe next year.....

99SI
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I was planning on running it until I found out you had to have the SCCA road race license and a min. 4pt roll cage. I plan on joining the SCCA and getting the road race license in the spring time. I am going up there to watch and volunteer anyway. There is a good many people that have entered it should be fun.

eViLMunkey
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
hmm... damn that sucks.. guess I gotta spend more money w/ them

99SI
10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
The event went off great! I really enjoyed working with some really cool people and seeing some really neat cars. If anyone has ever been interested in the SCCA I would suggest volunteering at an event like this to get a feel for what goes on and the people that were involved. I will have pics and video up soon for your viewing pleasure. There was a black evo there competing that was from Alpharetta I believe as well as a prepared GT2 Camaro from Stockbridge that competed. There were quite a few entrants from Georgia, hopefully the event went well enough that it will become an annual event and we can get some more Georgia folks up there to attack the mountain!