PDA

View Full Version : Misc 1st round pick for Anquan Boldin

FlipKing
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I think this would be a great deal and the falcons should look into it.

HyPer50
02-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Hell no... He's a pretty good receiver, but we dont need cancer players like him and T.O. Roddy is good, Jenkins is finally stepping up, and Harry Douglas had a damn good first year. There are bigger needs than WR for our 1st round pick.

FlipKing
02-08-2009, 08:48 PM
He isnt a cancer player, he is getting black balled by a team who he got knocked out for.lol The fact that the cardinals gave the younger fitzgerald an extension first and more money than they will give him started it.

LQQKITZME
02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Roddy has issues holding onto the ball..

FlipKing
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
roddy be our number 2, boldin the number 1, jenkins the number 3. That'd be a good set up.

HyPer50
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
He isnt a cancer player, he is getting black balled by a team who he got knocked out for.lol The fact that the cardinals gave the younger fitzgerald an extension first and more money than they will give him started it.

Boldin still has 2 years on his contract, how does he expect to get paid like Fitzgerald? Like I said, he's good, but dude he is nowhere near Fitz in production or in talent.. He is coming off as a greedy ass and I would be very disappointed if we traded anything for him.

OneSlow5pt0
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
if were giving 1rd pick for a WR,it should be calvin johnson or nobody.

efman
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
it would take a hell of a lot more then a 1st round to get calvin.... but my dream is for him to be in atlanta

alpine_aw11
02-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I wish we could get Percy Harvin.

FlipKing
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
ok, you get signed to a 5 year 10 mil deal.

After 3 years, you are one of the best WR in football and are on pace to break long held records, and are still getting paid 2 mil a year. you think you would be happy? If he plays that well, he should get paid that well.

efman
02-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I wish we could get Percy Harvin.
to injury prone

we need defensive backs, d tackle, tight end, offensive linemen. in that order

VIP Style
02-09-2009, 01:19 AM
anquan would be a superb addition to the offense, period.

FlipKing
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
^^ Hey we finally agree on somthing!!! lol

Spectic Tank
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM

Actually, the cards have offered him a few contracts that he has turned down.

This is the stupidest scenario I have heard. We have a Pro Bowl wide receiver in Roddy White, and you would want to use our first round on a receiver?! Not to mention, TD has already stated many times that Defensive will be the focus of this offseason(and it should be). Also, we're a 'run first' team, it would be retarted to give up that much for another receiver. I could go one, but that's literally one of the worst ideas I've heard.

VIP Style
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
man roddy is not all that dependable, and he wont be able to do too much better than this past season because teams know that he is ryans favorite target, so they will double him all day, and anquan will be that guy ryan can go to when roddy is all jammed up.
Actually, the cards have offered him a few contracts that he has turned down.

This is the stupidest scenario I have heard. We have a Pro Bowl wide receiver in Roddy White, and you would want to use our first round on a receiver?! Not to mention, TD has already stated many times that Defensive will be the focus of this offseason(and it should be). Also, we're a 'run first' team, it would be retarted to give up that much for another receiver. I could go one, but that's literally one of the worst ideas I've heard.

Spectic Tank
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
man roddy is not all that dependable, and he wont be able to do too much better than this past season because teams know that he is ryans favorite target, so they will double him all day, and anquan will be that guy ryan can go to when roddy is all jammed up.

No, that's why we signed M. Jenkins to a 4-year deal so he can be the guy to go to when 'Roddy is all jammed up'. That's also the reason they drafted Harry Douglas last year.

FYI: You don't make it to the Pro-Bowl unless your dependable.

efman
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
atlanta needs to get a te and then the offense will be more or less complete as far as skilled positions are concerned.

FlipKing
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
ROFL, how long do you expect Turner to hold up running it close to 300 times a year? Then we need to draft a running back. There needs to be 50-50 balance and white does have the tendency to drop quite a few balls a year. I just think it'd be a good add. I dont see any defenseive players I would really want in the first round. I hate most of those hybrid players, the de/dt and the de/lb. they usually suck.

efman
02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
well for next year we have the turner/norwood attack on the ground, then a good wr in white a decent one in jenkins then we draft a good te and we have a great pass game. i would like to see us take a running back in the 1st or 2nd round of the 2010 draft i would love to see the falcons draft maybe jonathan dwyer out of tech or any other good running back.

HyPer50
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I say trade the 1st round pick for more picks... I trust Thomas Dimitroff 100%, he did damn good in last years draft, but ya, trading our #1 pick for a WR (which is nowhere near our top 5 needs) would be just flat out stupid.

FlipKing
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, Furrey was just released by the Lions, as well as Bodden, cheap upgrades anyone?