PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket

SloWRX
02-07-2009, 01:15 PM
No, im not bashing the cops. I know i was speeding & thats that. But i would like to know if you guys know how much the fine is gonna be. I was doing 69 in a 45 so 24 over and this is my 2nd speeding ticket within 2 years. Also, it was in Gwinnett County.

BKgen®
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
lol, and how old are you?

nreggie454
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/#courtsjudges_recorders/

Citation Information
To receive information such as the amount of your fine or your court date from our automated system call 770-822-8815. If your citation information is not in our system or your case is one that must appear in court, please follow the prompts to speak to a Clerk. As an alternative you may email us at [email protected] and include as much information as you can such as your name, case number or citation number, and your phone number. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours.

SloWRX
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM

ironchef
02-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I would imagine in the $250-300 range, but it depends.

BKgen®
02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
if you're under 21 and you get caught going 24mph over, you're technically supposed to lose your license. take a defensive driving class before the court date though, and the judge should let you reduce the speed.

Benefit
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
24 over might get dropped down and u shud be able to keep ur license...first offense?

SloWRX
02-07-2009, 05:36 PM
24 over might get dropped down and u shud be able to keep ur license...first offense?

2nd offense. 1st offense was 2 years ago and it was 25 over and i took defensive driving and it got reduced and i kept my license. will probably do the same with this one

blaknoize
02-07-2009, 05:42 PM
It may get dropped down to a reasonable speed. It shouldnt be an issue though, u guys are ballers down there and have the money pay for for it. I mean... I got 3 just TRAVELING in GA with no speed sensor and 2 were disregarded albeit it wasnt in Gwinnett. DeKalb ALL the time, but still. I wouldnt worry to much about it.

The judge may lower the speed; a cost estimate I cannot give though.

BTEC
02-07-2009, 05:49 PM
i suggest taking defensive driving class. and go for the pre trail/talk to the solicitor. They are the ones that usually do the bargaining. My fine was over $400 when i was going 27 over back in 1999. Bring your parents too, actually i think u have to since ur under 21. Good luck.

osnap
02-07-2009, 05:59 PM
No, im not bashing the cops. I know i was speeding & thats that.Jesus thats refreshing. As others have stated, The Under 21/Over 24 rule states 24+ mph over tickets usually result in loss of your license, but a defensive driving course and a chat with the solicitor should probably keep you well away from that circumstance. As for the price of the ticket itself, PROBABLY in the $300 neighborhood; you'll just have to wait until your citation is in the system and talk to the court.
Bring your parents too, actually i think u have to since ur under 21.Not true, that may be a rule for under 18, but not under 21.

BTEC
02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Jesus thats refreshing. As others have stated, The Under 21/Over 24 rule states 24+ mph over tickets usually result in loss of your license, but a defensive driving course and a chat with the solicitor should probably keep you well away from that circumstance. As for the price of the ticket itself, PROBABLY in the $300 neighborhood; you'll just have to wait until your citation is in the system and talk to the court.
at that speed they wont give u a price over the phone, atleast the automated system wont. i talked to a clerk and all they kept telling me is "come to court".

BTEC
02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Not true, that may be a rule for under 18, but not under 21.
im a dumbass. i didnt have to bring my parents when they suspended my license.

osnap
02-07-2009, 06:03 PM
at that speed they wont give u a price over the phone, atleast the automated system wont. i talked to a clerk and all they kept telling me is "come to court".
Interesting. I had a 21 over ticket in Laurens County last year, and they were perfectly happy to tell me to lean over via telephone ($282), maybe the 24+ "excessive" speeding situations are different... in which case the fines may well be different too, though its worth mentioning that Laurens co. in particular (I-16 on the way to Savanah) is apparently pretty well known for handing out very hefty fines.
im a dumbass. i didnt have to bring my parents when they suspended my license. :lmfao:

AlliRae
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
you're pretty much going to go to jail...

K20Z1
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
i went 29 over my and i went to court plead nolo. they dropped it down to 23 over. lol. 200 bucks fine, 16 hours community service and have to take a class.

i am 18

hope that helps u

good luck man

and slow down.

SleepingTalon
02-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I got 99 in a 45...54mph OVER, and just went to court for it a few months ago. It was on Old Alabama Rd, so it was Johns Creek PD. Anyway, I got a lawyer, and still got 6pts, and a $1000 fine. I just paid it the same day though and went on my way. It was pretty shitty though. They wouldn't budge on anything and gave the maximum fine the law allowed, which I was fine with, but it was the first speeding ticket I had gotten in like 6yrs too, so I didn't really have a history of speeding tickets either. Try to get them to lower it as much as you can though. It'll really help you out later on with the insurance companies.