PDA

View Full Version : Should Kevin and Justin kiss and make up?

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 09:13 AM
It seems that there is a little tension between some of our goons. This is a club about friends and enjoying each other's company no matter their views on cars, beer, or logos. My friends, I have a dream......

I have a dream, where fat white boys and skinny white boys will be able to join hands as brothers.

I have a dream that my goons will one day live in a crew where they will not be judged by the design of their logo but by the content of their drank.

And when this happens, when we allow friendship to prevail, when we let it ring from every Quiktrip and every Wild Wings, from every city and every town, we will be able to speed up that day when all of the goons' children, fat men and skinny men, Jews and Gentiles, Honda owners and Hyundai owners, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Goon spiritual, "Crew at last! crew at last! thank God Almighty, we are a crew at last!"

:D :goodjob:

PURP
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I have no problem with Justin. I have a problem with coming up with a new logo design. I have a problem being singled out, as if I made the goons pic the new design. I'm really on the verge of just saying fuck it. I mean really. Daniel, Nicole, Teri, and a few others, are the only ones that hang out almost every other day. I do understand that other people have school and jobs. But, still some goons listed above that have school and/or jobs, find time to call, come over, hang. I'm really taking what Justin said to heart. We're not "OFFICIAL"... just blows my mind. I'm really just dumb founded by that remark. As I stated above, I have no problem with Justin. I try to call him a few times a week to make sure he's alive. I'll harass him about not hanging out; knowing he works late and has school. It's all good to me. But once again and final. I have never made a final decision about anything, dealing with this non-official team. Without consulting the members first. I just wish everyone would have the same respect on that. I have nothing further to say.

That is all.

Sammich
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
last man to have a dream started leaking blood til there was no more...just sayin

blackboi50
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
:(.......damn.....to join or not to join.....that is the question???? :D....JK

whos justin??.....1

PURP
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
:(.......damn.....to join or not to join.....that is the question???? :D....JK

whos justin??.....1

Mr. Clean.

blackboi50
02-06-2009, 09:43 AM
^ok thought so just wanted to make sure!!!....ok carry on!...1

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I have no problem with Justin. I have a problem with coming up with a new logo design. I have a problem being singled out, as if I made the goons pic the new design. I'm really on the verge of just saying fuck it. I mean really. Daniel, Nicole, Teri, and a few others, are the only ones that hang out almost every other day. I do understand that other people have school and jobs. But, still some goons listed above that have school and/or jobs, find time to call, come over, hang. I'm really taking what Justin said to heart. We're not "OFFICIAL"... just blows my mind. I'm really just dumb founded by that remark. As I stated above, I have no problem with Justin. I try to call him a few times a week to make sure he's alive. I'll harass him about not hanging out; knowing he works late and has school. It's all good to me. But once again and final. I have never made a final decision about anything, dealing with this non-official team. Without consulting the members first. I just wish everyone would have the same respect on that. I have nothing further to say.

That is all.

Well, I for one do consider the Goon Squad to be "official". We came together, started a crew, and the rest was history. This crew is no less official than say, EF Squad, or BYT. It is all what we make of it. Sure, everyone will have their own opinions and it would be great if everyone could respect that, but this is not a perfect world. People will clash about various ideas, but in the end I believe the crew will come together and decide what is best collectively. That will, however, take the input from all of the members, not just a select few. So, if you are a Goon, official or honorary, know that it is your obligation to the crew to make your voice heard when it comes time to make decisions that affect the whole crew. I agree that the original poll regarding the logo should not have been closed early. Every goon should have voted on the logo and in the end the logo with the most votes should have been the chosen logo. Democracy, it can work. :goodjob:

Sammich
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
this aint no democracy...

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
this aint no democracy...

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EPIC LULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

JITB
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
What is it been like 6 months? you all are right on track for seperation by the summer time...lol GOOD luck! girls! stop arguing over stupid SHIT!

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
What is it been like 6 months? you all are right on track for seperation by the summer time...lol GOOD luck! girls! stop arguing over stupid SHIT!

The Goons will never seperate. Real talk. :goodjob:

Sammich
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
thats what married pple said lol

blackboi50
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM

man why u just hit em in the nutsack???....:no:.....

wait......
but you....

nevermind :ninja:......1

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Hahahaha!!! You got a point there. :lmfao:

Sammich
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
lirl im just saying

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
lirl im just saying

Do you have something you need to share with the class Bryan?? :thinking:

PURP
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, I for one do consider the Goon Squad to be "official". We came together, started a crew, and the rest was history. This crew is no less official than say, EF Squad, or BYT. It is all what we make of it. Sure, everyone will have their own opinions and it would be great if everyone could respect that, but this is not a perfect world. People will clash about various ideas, but in the end I believe the crew will come together and decide what is best collectively. That will, however, take the input from all of the members, not just a select few. So, if you are a Goon, official or honorary, know that it is your obligation to the crew to make your voice heard when it comes time to make decisions that affect the whole crew. I agree that the original poll regarding the logo should not have been closed early. Every goon should have voted on the logo and in the end the logo with the most votes should have been the chosen logo. Democracy, it can work. :goodjob:

I agree. The only reason the polls were closed early. Is because all the goons had voted. Well the ones that come in this section regularly. It was a gimme on which one, had won. But in all fairness to the goons, which I have nothing but great respect for. Since we'er all friends and I consider the goons, Family. I started another poll. That poll, which is only running for a week; 7 days. Will detemine the outcome of a new logo or not. But if everyone would go back and review the original,"final" thread. You will see that the official members votes had been cast. Minus 1 or 2. It also says in that thread. That the new design chosen, would be FINAL. As it clearly stated, everyone apart of this team, would have to rock the same one. I just fail to see how that was forgotten. It wasn't that long ago, we had the poll up. Why is it such a big deal to change it NOW?? What's wrong with it. I for one think it's a classy logo that doesn't scream for attention. It's simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sammich
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you have something you need to share with the class Bryan?? :thinking:

maybe at the end of next wk :ninja:

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I, for what it's worth, like the current logo. :yes:

blackboi50
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
i cant say shit about the logo because im new!!!! it only makes sense that if you at the bottom of the list you cant say shit!!!!....1

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:12 AM
i cant say shit about the logo because im new!!!! it only makes sense that if you at the bottom of the list you cant say shit!!!!....1

How come j00 is not a g00n yet??? :???:

PURP
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I, for what it's worth, like the current logo. :yes:

As do I. But, we will find out after 7 days, how the rest feel.

JITB... we will never seperate. We are like aids. Once you've got it...well.... You've got it. :D

blackboi50
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM

i dunno :dunno:........1

Sammich
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
if i make one guest appearance per year...am i a goon? lol

PURP

He is... Honorary.... Brandon just hasn't made anymore stickers, yet. Oh wait. He'll have to wait even longer now...lulz

blackboi50
He is... Honorary.... Brandon just hasn't made anymore stickers, yet. Oh wait. He'll have to wait even longer now...lulz

:rant:........i wanna represent soNNNNNNN.......1

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM

But I do not see him on the honorary list. :thinking:

PURP
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
added

DJ Maestro
02-06-2009, 10:52 AM
added

I stand corrected. :D

B_Hoov
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
wow, im not around enough to really have an opinion :2cents: , between working odd jobs at teh shop and my son im constantly either watching him, welding or fabbing something, or trying to get my damn car running, i rarely have time for anything else, i think the last logo looks fantastic, like previously stated it's classy, does not scream for attention, and yet it's noticible, i casted my ballot damnit, this seems like a silly thing for anyone to get too upset over but i do understand, one friend feels as though he did not get a fair chance at something, and the other only wants to please members but has to look out for his own sanity at the same time, i know that kevin can't fix everything, but if he did not care there would not be a second poll, take it for what it is. everyone can cast there vote, i can tell you im not happy with out current presidential selection...but ain't shit i can do about it now is there? which ever logo is selceted at whatever time needs to be worn by all, we don't need a plethera of logos out there, uniform, neat, and respectable, one logo, one squad

:cheers:

PURP
02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I like that bruce... One logo, One squad. You have the reps, sir.

d_day87
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
back on topic, i think the two should have dry buttsecks. lulz

MSP1660
02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I would like to vote for the logo but I'm not even sure I'm Goon-ish material yet. That being said, what is the difference between honorary and official? Just curious. I'd like to join up but I've only been to a couple things where the Goon presence was felt. Anyhow... hope this all works out for the best.

MSP1660
02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
back on topic, i think the two should have dry buttsecks. lulz

- Infinity. That's just gross...

+5 for lubed buttsecks!:gay: :idb:

JDMjoe
02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I like everyone in the squad and i know i haven't been around much to see you guys but this drama shit getting out of hand... don't take this shit seriously you nazis

slow_hatch
02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
HFMS ownz :taun:

MSP1660
02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
^^^ Dude, I just got the name of the place in your sig. That's freakin' sweet.

quickdodge®
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Daniel, Nicole, Teri, and a few others, are the only ones that hang out almost every other day.

Hanging out that often is just a recipe for disaster, man. You got to have periods of separation from time to time. I'm not saying weeks or anything, but it isn't healthy to spend 4 days a week all together. People will start getting too comfortable with each other and inhibitions will relax and then irritants start evolving from the actions of some of the people. You'll begin to grow tired of always being around someone. You can say you're family now and everything will always be good, but believe me, it won't. You want to know how i know this? Two reasons. I've been in this same predicament. I've been in clubs that wanted to hang around each other damn near 24 hours a day all the time. Everyone wants alone time. Say you want some alone time and some folks come around. Well now you're irritated because you're just not in the mood for company. You let the visitor(s) know and they leave. They may take your request the wrong way and it runs from there. And two, look at this thread. You've already got a beef (misunderstanding) over just the logo design.

I do understand that other people have school and jobs. But, still some goons listed above that have school and/or jobs, find time to call, come over, hang.

This too, is a bad way to view things from a club aspect. You just can NOT expect someone to put something that is REALLY important in life (family, school, work) on the backburner for a car club. And I don't mean important as a knock to a club, but a club will not make or break your life. Getting upset because some folks don't/can't hang out all the time because they are studying or spending family time really doesn't reflect well on your character. You'll lose members faster than if the Klan accepted a black man in.

I hope you don't see this as a diss to you or anything negative towards you or the club. I posted this, knowing it's none of my business, as a (hopefully) positive way to view your thoughts as you posted them. Hopefully this will help you out. Later, QD.

Mr. Clean
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
we don't really have "beef" right now. All i really wanted was a new sticker. kevin is just mad cause i haven't been able to take him drinking in like a week :ninja: :D

PURP
02-07-2009, 12:49 AM
I really don't care if we hang out 4 times a week or twice a month. I was never really angry with the fact that some members don't hang out as much as others. And you're right, QD. Family over a car club anyday of any year. I just have a problem with someone saying we're not official because he doesn't want it to be. Hell, I have a family. wife, kid. Struggling to find a job. Make sure my kid and wife eats, has a place to sleep, and clothes on their back. I understand what needs to be first and second. I agree 100% that this BS drama should end as well.

But Justin, please refrain yourself from saying this is not official. Who cares if we don't have fees, and strict guidelines. One of the nations biggest official "clubs" I know of, doesn't have fees or any of that other BS... Yeah they may have a "head guy/gal, " but they are just as the same as we are. A group of Car enthusiast who share a passion for something. They do charitable(sp) things for the community. Well, so did we. As I have planned for more in the future. We are an Official team/club, Justin. Just because you didn't want it to get there, doesn't mean it's not. Cause it is. We can't change that. Why would anybody want to associate themselves with a group, when it looks unorganized, or just plan dumb. You got one kinda design for your sticker. I have something totally different. and so on and so on. I know you. You like everything organized in its little neat place and clean. Rocking different designs on our cars is none of those. To me, it would just look cheap. Some people are not going to agree with me on this , and that's fine. I don't care. As I really don't care if we change the design, again. But atleast share what you would like to do first, instead of just wanting it done. One last thing. I love you. you know that. But we can't have official in the design you came up with, you know. Since we're not "Official" and all.

I spoke what I was feeling and I will not speak on it any further. Not now, not in the future. If people want a different design, then it's whatever. Do what you want.

That is all.

Mr. Clean
02-07-2009, 08:50 AM
bottom line on all this -

i just don't like the friggin logo. to be honest... i don't like it so much that i don't even want it on my car. i don't know why i don't like it. i just don't like it lol. we took the least crappy of all the 3 minute designs that everyone could come up with. if you want it to be official then lets get someone to design us one that looks professional. something that doesn't look like it came from word art. everyone shit a brick over robb's design because it was so much cleaner. we need to enlist the help of someone that can really make us a good one. it doesn't need to come from someone in the squad, there's no need to be that purist. i just want something that when it's on my car, people know that it took some thought.

slow_hatch
02-07-2009, 09:38 AM
bottom line on all this -

i just don't like the friggin logo. to be honest... i don't like it so much that i don't even want it on my car. i don't know why i don't like it. i just don't like it lol. we took the least crappy of all the 3 minute designs that everyone could come up with. if you want it to be official then lets get someone to design us one that looks professional. something that doesn't look like it came from word art. everyone shit a brick over robb's design because it was so much cleaner. we need to enlist the help of someone that can really make us a good one. it doesn't need to come from someone in the squad, there's no need to be that purist. i just want something that when it's on my car, people know that it took some thought.

Don't you have a HUGE, tacky, Mr. Clean sticker on your back window??

SLOWR/T
02-07-2009, 09:49 AM
This needs to be dropped. This is some third grade kiddy shit...........

Mr. Clean
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Don't you have a HUGE, tacky, Mr. Clean sticker on your back window??

wooooooooooooooooowwww.

A) i'm not in a Mr. Clean club
B) there are not others that have to rock it with me
C) it was very professionally done

quickdodge®
02-07-2009, 12:29 PM

NO! This:

http://yourspaceisbest.com/upload/graphic/toiletkid.jpg

is some kiddie shit. Later, QD.

BKgen®
02-07-2009, 12:36 PM

agreed. this is getting really old really quick.

Justin, for God's sake quit your bitching. If you think you can design a "cleaner/more professional" logo, then by all means -- go for it, and I'll cut that shit out for your so I don't have to hear any more estrogen-filled whiney rants. Trust me buddy, this logo design was NOT my favorite out of the other ones that we all did, but it wasn't my fucking decision on which one got chosen. I had no control over it. If you go look at the poll, you'll see that I didn't vote for it.

So this is the bottom line:
Kevin -- Justin has a right to disagree with the logo. Granted, I don't like all of his designs... but he's one of the few in this club who actually have an eye for design. From what I've gathered, a lot of people here go ape shit for anything with script writing and obnoxious colors. I can see where he's coming from.

Justin -- You want a new logo? Design one, oh almighty graphic designer, that makes us go "wow". But until then....

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//highhorse.jpg

Mr. Clean
02-07-2009, 01:08 PM
agreed. this is getting really old really quick.

Justin, for God's sake quit your bitching. If you think you can design a "cleaner/more professional" logo, then by all means -- go for it, and I'll cut that shit out for your so I don't have to hear any more estrogen-filled whiney rants. Trust me buddy, this logo design was NOT my favorite out of the other ones that we all did, but it wasn't my fucking decision on which one got chosen. I had no control over it. If you go look at the poll, you'll see that I didn't vote for it.

So this is the bottom line:
Kevin -- Justin has a right to disagree with the logo. Granted, I don't like all of his designs... but he's one of the few in this club who actually have an eye for design. From what I've gathered, a lot of people here go ape shit for anything with script writing and obnoxious colors. I can see where he's coming from.

Justin -- You want a new logo? Design one, oh almighty graphic designer, that makes us go "wow". But until then....

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//highhorse.jpg

nono i by no means think i can create a better one than anyone else. and i know you can do amazing things with graphic design that i could never dream of. but the logos that were posted were not a good show of that. i KNOW you can come up with something ridiculous, and i'm not bashing the fact that you came up with the current one. i was just saying we all were rushing to come up with something just for the sake of voting.

but in all reality. now i am fucking done with this argument. i honestly did not think it would be this big of a deal. i just wanted a new fucking sticker.

give me the OG goon sticker and i'll shut the fuck up.

Clean, out.

green91
02-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Seems like such a silly thing to get between friends.

dkjohnson04
02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
nono i by no means think i can create a better one than anyone else. and i know you can do amazing things with graphic design that i could never dream of. but the logos that were posted were not a good show of that. i KNOW you can come up with something ridiculous, and i'm not bashing the fact that you came up with the current one. i was just saying we all were rushing to come up with something just for the sake of voting.

but in all reality. now i am fucking done with this argument. i honestly did not think it would be this big of a deal. i just wanted a new fucking sticker.

give me the OG goon sticker and i'll shut the fuck up.

Clean, out.

im still rockin my OG stikkkwarzzz !!! :tongue1: they rock! i think we should just go back to them...............

MSP1660
02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Where's my sticker? Pwned FTL!

Sammich
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
that superman pic is wrong...on all levels lol

NAMNORI
02-25-2009, 10:02 PM
no telling him to get up is wrong thats just funny i dont care who you are