PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods EG6 D16 Turbo Problems

MrBoostedCRX
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
got a friend that just turboed his car today, and for some reason, the BOV wasnt going off, theres enough pressure and everything is tightened up...and we tried 3 different BOV's and nothing...

anothe problem was it smokes white smoke out the exhaust like crazy, theres no oil leak, and the turbo is spooling fine, could it be the worn out head gaskets? i believe he said he didnt rebuild the motor before he turbo'd it...

ill post pics/videos of it tomorrow

junior_tm
02-06-2009, 01:19 AM
you should have posted this on the forced induction btw

sorry i cant help you with your problem

xdavidscenex
02-06-2009, 01:22 AM
got a friend that just turboed his car today, and for some reason, the BOF wasnt going off, theres enough pressure and everything is tightened up...and we tried 3 different BOF's and nothing...

anothe problem was it smokes white smoke out the exhaust like crazy, theres no oil leak, and the turbo is spooling fine, could it be the worn out head gaskets? i believe he said he didnt rebuild the motor before he turbo'd it...

ill post pics/videos of it tomorrow

its because he needs a blow off valve [aka BOV] not blow off f___?

MrBoostedCRX
02-06-2009, 01:24 AM
you should have posted this on the forced induction btw

sorry i cant help you with your problem

is it because i gave to little information? he begged me to put this on here because he doesnt have time/money to take it to shop...

and its my first thread that has been misplaced...mods can u help me out? or should i make another thread?

MrBoostedCRX
02-06-2009, 01:24 AM
its because he needs a blow off valve [aka BOV] not blow off f___?

the V is right next to the F, cut me some slack

xdavidscenex
02-06-2009, 01:26 AM
just making sure man...i thought he had some super jdm BOF. sorry.

anyways...check the vaccum lines.

MrBoostedCRX
02-06-2009, 01:29 AM
just making sure man...i thought he had some super jdm BOF. sorry.

anyways...check the vaccum lines.

ok thanks man, so head gasket and vaccum lines...got it :goodjob:

redrumracer
02-06-2009, 01:36 AM
so whats a BOF and this isnt the forced induction section.

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
White smoke? That's more then likely headgasket.

How many miles does the engine have now?

Should've rebuilt it before going turbo.

Formally...
02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
White smoke after turbo install is TURBO. Blown headgaskets normally steam instead of smoke out the exhaust and will normally pressurize the cooling system. As for BOV where is the vac line from the bov hooked up to the motor at. Need to check the drain like for turbo and maybe put a restrictor in the oil supply line.

MrBoostedCRX
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
White smoke? That's more then likely headgasket.

How many miles does the engine have now?

Should've rebuilt it before going turbo.

100k+ and i know he should of, he said it was rebuilt 5 months ago...but i told him he should of changed things again thanks for the tip, reps :goodjob:

White smoke after turbo install is TURBO. Blown headgaskets normally steam instead of smoke out the exhaust and will normally pressurize the cooling system. As for BOV where is the vac line from the bov hooked up to the motor at. Need to check the drain like for turbo and maybe put a restrictor in the oil supply line.

ok...ill tell him right now, hes in line buying the stuff he needs, and ill ask him where its connected to..its a t3/t4 fat turbo on a little engine...

MongolPup
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Moved.

d16_turbo
02-06-2009, 10:49 PM
make sure the bov is ran to a vac. source and not a boost only source.

scttydb411
02-07-2009, 01:23 AM
he doesnt have time/money

i'm already seeing a problem. smoke? let me guess, it's not tuned and probably on a basemap if the ecu is even chipped. right?

there are not too many places you can tap the vac source on a d-series so just t off the fpr.