PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: 93 DA...

quickdodgeŽ
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
When are you going to quit bullshitting and get that old Honda going? Later, QD.

FasTech
02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
QD, I've been trying to talk him into doing it for weeks now. Even offered to help him finish it up. But does he listen, hell no...lolol

Romeo
02-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh shit, I had no idea about this thread. Haha. I'm trying to put a D-series in it. God only knows how much trouble and how tired I am of this carb'd motor. The oil pump and head gasket went out and It's been sitting ever since. It WILL BE DONE when i finish rebuilding the bottom end on the Civic. The motor is sitting in my garage for the Accord.

Romeo
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I actually miss the car really bad, especially now since you said something.. Damn you.. haha.

AltimaCharlie
02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
just get a Weber carb if you dont like messing with them. they are realy easy. it deletes all emmisions stuff and whatnot. when i put one on my truck i just hooked up the gas line and throttle. i didn't think i was done, and john comes over and tells me to crank it up, and i said the carb isn't finished. he laughed, i turned the key and vroom! runs after years sitting. of course you'd still have to fix your oil pump and head gasket. still easier than running fuel injection

Big_Dave
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Or I have a side draft intake manifold for the later model d series sittin on the shop floor with a pair of good hitich carbs on them, I think i still might have the carb dizzy with the vaccum advance somewhere too, no efi nesscary just bolt and go

Romeo
02-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I bought a brand new Carb. right after i originally swapped the new motor in. I would really like to keep the CVCC in it. It's just gave me such a headache already. Do you know of anywhere i can get a pretty good deal on one at?

quickdodgeŽ
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
It WILL BE DONE when i finish rebuilding the bottom end on the Civic.

Damn the Civic. You see those every 3 seconds. You never see a 1st gen Accord. Later, QD.

Elbow
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
What year is it? I had a blue one just like it, mine was an 81.

I actually still have all the emblems off it including the cool Honda logo on the hood.

BABY J
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Old Skool sucks.

quickdodgeŽ
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
What year is it?

1980. Later, QD.

Glides
02-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Damn the Civic. You see those every 3 seconds. You never see a 1st gen Accord. Later, QD.

I'm gonna see if I can dig out the photos of the 81 I used to have. Fifth Gears ITB car before I bought it. Full roll cage, suspension, Halon system. I got pulled over drunk off my face in it in downtown Athens in the early 90s driving with no lights on.

I was so blitzed, I actually had the window net up. The cop looked through the net, and asked me, "Hey Richard Petty, can you lose the net" It was sponsored by Locos for a bit and then failed to get grandfathered in for the rule change. I think it ended up in a salvage yard. Not sure. It was sent to the yard bout a year ago. I'll see ifI can find out where it went.

J-ROCK
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
finally someone tryin to talk some sense into him! joe get the accord goin best car youve owned IMO

Romeo
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
1980. Later, QD.
Yes, it is a 1980. And i'd love to finish the accord first. The Civic is just easier to get running and i need something to drive right now. The accord will be done soon. Don't forget, You said You'd help me lower it. haha.

Scotsman
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm gonna see if I can dig out the photos of the 81 I used to have. Fifth Gears ITB car before I bought it. Full roll cage, suspension, Halon system. I got pulled over drunk off my face in it in downtown Athens in the early 90s driving with no lights on.

I was so blitzed, I actually had the window net up. The cop looked through the net, and asked me, "Hey Richard Petty, can you lose the net" It was sponsored by Locos for a bit and then failed to get grandfathered in for the rule change. I think it ended up in a salvage yard. Not sure. It was sent to the yard bout a year ago. I'll see ifI can find out where it went.buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahaha, good f'n shit

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2009, 08:32 PM
To help you along, man. Later, QD.

Romeo
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
To help you along, man. Later, QD.
That's what i was really looking for was a 4 door. I found one on craigslist about a year ago. But it had real bad electrical issues. I'd love for mine to look like that, Headlights and all. I want some new wheels.:(

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you 4x100 or 4x120? Later, QD.

Romeo
02-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Are you 4x100 or 4x120? Later, QD.
I wish 4x100.. But No, it can't be that easy. haha. 4x120.

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I wish 4x100.. But No, it can't be that easy. haha. 4x120.

Same here. A set of Enkei (Panasport look-a-likes) just ended on Ebay last night. They were 4x120. Winner got them for $300. Later, QD.

Romeo
02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Same here. A set of Enkei (Panasport look-a-likes) just ended on Ebay last night. They were 4x120. Winner got them for $300. Later, QD.
Damn. I've looked on a few websites that make some 4x120 wheels made for racing. But can't find them again. I need to start watching ebay i guess. Those Panasport's are the ones i really want. I think they'd look awesome on my car with it lowered a good bit.

Total_Blender
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I converted a '79 Civic from 4x120 to 4x100. I don't remember much about the Accord suspension, but I know to do the Civic I needed a spindle from a 1st gen Civic Wagon (because they use the Accord calipers). But since your spindles take the same calipers, you might not have to change your spindles.

All you'll need to is drill your wheelbearing seals to use countersunk bolts. Then you can press in EF hubs and outer CV's. Then you can use any Honda 4x100 caliper/rotor combo you want.

I could be wrong, someone on the forums should be able to verify. The rear is super easy. Just grind your old wheel studs off flush with the face of the drum. Then get a machine shop to drill 4x100 on your drums, and punch in new wheel studs.

The hardest part of the conversion is getting the axles apart. But even that isn't too bad.:goodjob: