PDA

View Full Version : NK nuclear program

T.C.
09-19-2005, 12:04 PM
"They have said, in principle, that they will abandon their weapons programs. And what we have said is, 'Great. That's a wonderful step forward. But now we've got to verify whether or not that happens.'

That is a quote from an article on CNN's site. I am glad that this whole deal might be coming to an end.

AznTraitor
09-20-2005, 02:31 PM
"They have said, in principle, that they will abandon their weapons programs. And what we have said is, 'Great. That's a wonderful step forward. But now we've got to verify whether or not that happens.'

That is a quote from an article on CNN's site. I am glad that this whole deal might be coming to an end.

bah, it's not going too. NK is so wishy washy.....they say they will come to a agreement one day, and the next morning will want all new terms or say there is a conflict of interest. So...they will give up their nuclear program, IF we supply them with a Atomic Reactor.....hmmm....let me think about this....how about no.

at this point, they have their Nuclear Program in full swing while there are these talks and negotiations and no one can monitor them, because they wont allow it.

malfeas99
09-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Not to mention they pulled this exact same stunt with Clinton, then came out and said they'd been working on their nuclear program the whole time.

Every once in a while, Lil' Kim comes out of his Insanity Hole(tm) to extort the Western world for food or money or energy.

South Korea already offered to give NK free electricity. Wonder why he'd need a nuclear reactor.

T.C.
09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
^^Definately true

djmaddmartin
09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Have to agree with the yall on this one. NK is as two faced as they come. And was a far greater threat than Iraq. Still is.

malfeas99
09-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Have to agree with the yall on this one. NK is as two faced as they come. And was a far greater threat than Iraq. Still is.

Don't think so. Not a direct threat, at least.

NK has always been about extortion and threats. They threaten violence, they work on nuclear weapons, then every few years turn around and offer to settle down in exchange for money, food, energy, nuclear reactors, etc.

Then a few years after that, they say they never actually did anything to begin with, and make the threats again.

I'd say in the short run, Iraq's support of terrorism and harboring/collaboration with Al Queda was more of a direct threat to the US.

4dmin
09-21-2005, 10:30 AM
^ i personally think if NK has WMDs then they are far more of a threat than a country supporting terrorism... think about it even w/ a small nuke you could make more devestation than anything we have ever seen in the US before.

i saw a thing on 60mins how they brought some plotonium through a cargo ship and go it in through customs w/o any problem.. its kinda scary b/c they only scan a very small % of cargo coming through the ship yards.

malfeas99
09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
^ i personally think if NK has WMDs then they are far more of a threat than a country supporting terrorism... think about it even w/ a small nuke you could make more devestation than anything we have ever seen in the US before.

i saw a thing on 60mins how they brought some plotonium through a cargo ship and go it in through customs w/o any problem.. its kinda scary b/c they only scan a very small % of cargo coming through the ship yards.

At that point I guess it depends on how you define 'terrorism'.

NK has historically not supported multinational terrorist organizations, if my recollection is correct. The only way for NK to get a nuke into the US is to smuggle it in like the way you suggested. That doesn't really suit NK's modus operandi, since as a national entity the repercussions would be swift, severe, and permanent.

NK's nuclear arsenal is slightly impotent at the moment, since with the range of their deployment (via missles), they'd end up inundating themselves with nuclear fallout no matter where they sent it.

sixfifty
09-23-2005, 09:16 AM
NK is in with China. China has the man power to launch an assault on anyone they choose to in a bordering country. this includes Russia. NK has the capability to launch a nuke to Alaska. China has the capabilty to launch all the way to Nevada. If NK gets ONE of these capable of reaching continental US then NK becomes a far greater threat to us than a couple of terrorist. NK has also stated that they are ready for an invasion from the US. don;t think for a second that they don't have every projectile pointed at the US or SK.

AWD OWNZ U
09-23-2005, 10:10 AM
NK is in with China. China has the man power to launch an assault on anyone they choose to in a bordering country. this includes Russia. NK has the capability to launch a nuke to Alaska. China has the capabilty to launch all the way to Nevada. If NK gets ONE of these capable of reaching continental US then NK becomes a far greater threat to us than a couple of terrorist. NK has also stated that they are ready for an invasion from the US. don;t think for a second that they don't have every projectile pointed at the US or SK.

You are making some bold assumptions. China is not going to back NK in an unprovocated attack. NK frankly doesn't want to attack us, it wouldn't benefit them at all. Their game has always been to use threats to extort money and aide into their ailing country. The only way they would attack us is if ole Kim thinks it will help him, even he is not that crazy.

malfeas99
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

NK is most definitely NOT 'in' with China.

Julio
09-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Nk needs a way to get money in there quick.. they are sinking. NEED FOOD y0 !

AznTraitor
09-24-2005, 08:25 AM

wtf man? China is part of the 6 nation talks againest NK having nuclear capability.