PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt title. how do i get it?

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
im lookin at buying an auction car it has a fl rebuilt title. can i just register it here or do i need to get it inspected? if so how much is it and where can i get it done?

hondachik
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
im lookin at buying an auction car it has a fl rebuilt title. can i just register it here or do i need to get it inspected? if so how much is it and where can i get it done?

I hear you have to get them inspected at the drivers license place. Dept of Transportation. When I totaled my Civic the insurance company told me that when a car is deemed "totaled" you have to get it fixed and inspected to make sure the vehicle isn't a hazard to yourself and other drivers. Check with your local office for pricing & more info.

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
yeah its all back together and been inspected there but ill call the tag office tomorrow. being in a hick town it should be cheap.

hondachik
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah its all back together and been inspected there but ill call the tag office tomorrow. being in a hick town it should be cheap.

yeah and make sure they don't want to inspect it themselves. gov't always find ways to get extra money. if its my car, swear i'll kill u.

quickdodgeŽ
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
it has a fl rebuilt title.

The title was rebuilt or the car was rebuilt?

Lolol. J/k. Later, QD.

rickgiblin
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
what kind of fla title does it have... if it has a salvage rebuilt title then it will NOT have to be inspected because it was already performed in Florida. now if it still has just a salvage title, then in order to get a salvage rebuilt title, you must have a shop that has a rebuilders license to rebuild it, take pics of the build, and have it checked out... (if you cant do it yourself or have a shop, its just a huge hassle then)

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
The title was rebuilt or the car was rebuilt?

Lolol. J/k. Later, QD.

i proofread twice to make sure it was good. shouldve gone for lucky number 3. lol

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
what kind of fla title does it have... if it has a salvage rebuilt title then it will NOT have to be inspected because it was already performed in Florida. now if it still has just a salvage title, then in order to get a salvage rebuilt title, you must have a shop that has a rebuilders license to rebuild it, take pics of the build, and have it checked out... (if you cant do it yourself or have a shop, its just a huge hassle then)

if a salvage rebuilt. i just want to make im not getting into a big mess.

reps to everyone. thanks for the help.

silversol
02-05-2009, 10:49 PM
even if its a out of state rebuilt it will need to be reinspected to get taged in the state of ga!

d16_turbo
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
In warner robins they have an inspector come down once a month or so to do inspections, i think its $75 to get it inspected, and you have to tow it to get inspected, if you drive the car up there they wont inspect it

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
even if its a out of state rebuilt it will need to be reinspected to get taged in the state of ga!

thats what i was thinking but ill find out for sure tomorrow.

wannab20hatch
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM

according to the ga dmv website if its out of state you dont need a receipts for parts,or pictures of the repaired areas. which is good and its only 118 bucks for the inspection. you just have to tow it to the inspection station. says if you drive it they will not inspect it. or they can come to your home and inspect it.

eckok24
02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
u can drive it there in at nite and then say u towed it. it takes them half a day to get to ur car unless ur first. there 2 local around atl one in athen which will easy pass alot of cars. i have seen them let a lot flyby. and the one in douglasville. it takes at least 2 weeks if not more to get the title. now be careful wit a title from florida be sure it is rebuilt. because i work at a dealer ship and we acciently bought a salvage vehicle which was a part car which can not be titled.