PDA

View Full Version : Places to take photos

gukdoebabdoe
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I made this thread so that I could find some nice places around atlanta to take pictures of and ask a few questions

So far i only have centennial olympic park, stone mountain, and the atlanta botanical garden.

Is there a grafitti wall near the V?

What's a good spot to take a picture of the city of atlanta overall? only place i can think of is the top parking deck of Savannah College of Art and Design but hear it's off limits.

Where is a good spot to take a picture of the king and queen buildings off 285?

What's a good dark area to take pictures of the stars?

james
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
ain't nobody going to share their spots with anyone else man, seriously. you just gotta get out and explore.

gukdoebabdoe
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
thanks...i suppose

james
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
thanks? i'm not trying to shit on your thread. i'm also not going to give anything away, and neither should you.

quickdodgeŽ
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
^^^ He's absolutely right. Strange as it may seem, photographers are a stingy bunch. If I had spots, I'd damn sure share them.

But some advice from a non-photographer that does like looking at pictures....go outside the perimeter. Find something that does NOT have concrete in it. Or a parking space. Or even graffiti on it. Those are so tired, old and boring. Head outwards. Into the country or the mountainous areas. Find some good creek or river spots to shoot pictures. Later, QD.

Boneswiss
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Not to sound rude... but why go where everyone else is going... your photos would look the same...

One of the many reasons I don't like shooting in atlanta...

I'd shoot here any day of the wk than up there..

uproot
02-06-2009, 10:54 PM
outside.

DinanM3atl
02-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I showed a bunch of people my spot but I have others I won't just give out :)

HatchMan
02-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I enjoy taking pics from the top parking deck of GA tech.