PDA

View Full Version : Best part about unemployment...

Atlblkz06
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
At first I was going to create a thread about how I'm fuckin losing my god damn mind because of all the frustration and mental anguish over not having a job for months. Funny thing is its not even the money that kills you - its your dwindling sense of self-worth and the feeling that you're losing your intelligence by the day despite knowing that you didn't do anything wrong. Buuut...I refuse to give in to such negativity.

The GOOD part (there is a good part?) is that I've fixed many things I've been meaning to fix, and cleaned many things I've been meaning to do.

Today, I think I'm going to try and overclock my PC as much as possible. It's a Q6600 (running stock 2.4 right now) and I have a swiftech watercooling kit. The CPU, NB, SB and GPU are cooled this way and the comp is pretty quiet. The last time I tried I hit a stone wall at 3Ghz for some reason.

If only I could find a way to make my 3 hard drives quiet! (one for system, one for installs and scratch, one for storage).

I'm also going to find a way to replace the license plate lights with LEDs today. Been meaning to do that for a while too.
Input welcome!

Sammich
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Funny thing is its not even the money that kills you - its your dwindling sense of self-worth and the feeling that you're losing your intelligence by the day inspite knowing that you didnt do anything wrong.

repped...i havent experienced lay off yet, fortunately, but w/ the cut back in hours and the struggle to make ends meet...i feel the same way...sense of self worth...its pretty depressing son

DJ Maestro
02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
When I was laid off in 2007 I knew the exact feeling. I went crazy mad the 2 1/2 months I was without a job. :doh:

4dmin
02-05-2009, 10:14 AM
i got laid off Dec 07 but was very lucky to have a couple quick interviews and I was working within a month.

Atlblkz06
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
The newest way I've found to kill time is tracking down stocks I'd want to invest in when I have money. Works rather well and at least its useful.

G.C
02-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Dj maestro your sig is fucking awesome.

Sammich
02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
The newest way I've found to kill time is tracking down stocks I'd want to invest in when I have money. Works rather well and at least its useful.

i think that'd depress me even more...looking at something that requires money to obtain...sorta like me being at a stand still with my car right nwo cuz money is too tight..i can only do what is necessary and have almost no extra money to do anything extra. that pisses me off. i even have parts for my truck that i want to install, but i have to get some power tools to do the installation correctly...THAT pisses me off. fuk money and the dollar is the devil's baby

ironchef
02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
How did the interview go yesterday?

Atlblkz06
02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Well enough, but these days passing interviews doesnt mean shit.

I passed 3 rounds of interviews for this one position - and the job disappeared before they could hire me lol. I've "nearly had" 5 positions now before something bad happens to the job or the entire project.

So I won't consider anything short of an offer letter to be good news.

Elbow
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I feel your pain. I recently put a Lamborghini V12 in the back of my Miata and made it front wheel drive using a Civic front axle and tranny. I was bored.

willum14pb
02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
soooooooo, you haven't had a job for several months but you still own a z06 and a beast PC? Did your parents get you that stuff or are you like 40+ with mad duckets saved? im confused.

Atlblkz06
02-05-2009, 11:37 AM
soooooooo, you haven't had a job for several months but you still own a z06 and a beast PC? Did your parents get you that stuff or are you like 40+ with mad duckets saved? im confused.

LMAO... No I bought these things when times were better. I still lived at home because I live in hotels 4 days a week anyway for work. I didnt really expect to lose my shirt and go unemployed like this for so long. I'm in my 20s.

03RCode
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I hear ya, I've been able to clean up my entire house and shop, I'm working on finishing the basement, and even have had time to get my Toyota put back together. Still sucks to know that at the end of the week that paycheck won't be waiting on me. Blows.

DJ Maestro
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Dj maestro your sig is fucking awesome.

Thanks man. :D

willum14pb
02-05-2009, 12:21 PM
LMAO... No I bought these things when times were better. I still lived at home because I live in hotels 4 days a week anyway for work. I didnt really expect to lose my shirt and go unemployed like this for so long. I'm in my 20s.

gotcha, i was like :???::???:

chuck
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
i guess we should say goodbye?!?

don't blow up your computer...