PDA

View Full Version : fresh engine sputtering

Skillet
02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
i started up my engine that we just built. everything went fine up until about 30 miles in now the car sputter and when i give it gas it hesitates really bad. it idles low. I cleaned the spark plug and it idles a little better now but it still sputtering and hesitates. any suggestions?

STRteg
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Info on motor?

rhd_civic_ej
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
you set the timing right?

replace all the plugs/plug wires/distcap/rotor button?

my car is doing some pretty crazy stuff, after setting the timing about 4 times and it was dead on everytime, i finally replaced all the wires/plugs, cap and button and it is running fine now.

Skillet
02-04-2009, 02:13 PM
you set the timing right?

replace all the plugs/plug wires/distcap/rotor button?

my car is doing some pretty crazy stuff, after setting the timing about 4 times and it was dead on everytime, i finally replaced all the wires/plugs, cap and button and it is running fine now.

the timing should be right. i put brand new plugs and wires. it kinda happened all of a sudden, the car was running fine then i turned to the car off and when i turned it back on a few minutes later it was sputtering and hesitating. I dunno????

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
the timing should be right. i put brand new plugs and wires. it kinda happened all of a sudden, the car was running fine then i turned to the car off and when i turned it back on a few minutes later it was sputtering and hesitating. I dunno????

Whats up karl???
Put some gas treatment in the tank and put some premium gas in there.
Your gas might be bad cause your car has been sitting for months. I need to come by and check it out.
Good Luck.:goodjob:

SPOOLIN
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
nobody said the obvious.

DID YOU TUNE IT?? NOO!!!!!!

yunglaosta
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
try replacing the distrubtor plugs. i seen it happen lots of times

G.C
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Need more info.

Skillet
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
i think i fixxed it i swapped out some new plugs....we'll see how it rides out

Whats up karl???
Put some gas treatment in the tank and put some premium gas in there.
Your gas might be bad cause your car has been sitting for months. I need to come by and check it out.
Good Luck.:goodjob:

waddup brian stop by the crib when you can to check it out :goodjob:

Barefoot
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
nobody said the obvious.

DID YOU TUNE IT?? NOO!!!!!!i was going to ask that :goodjob:

GSRtegŪ
02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
nobody said the obvious.

DID YOU TUNE IT?? NOO!!!!!!

I was just about to say.