PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods skunk2-aebs-blox ?

punkr6
09-19-2005, 05:49 AM
what manifold do you perfer for all motor set up and why?

KevinT707
09-19-2005, 06:40 AM
I'm getting the AEBS (Polished) manifold for my B16 because VtecKidd recommends it, it's dyno proven & it's less expensive than Skunk2 & I believe it's cheaper than Blox

Vteckidd
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
AEBS makes more power than the Skunk2 and is much cheaper
Skunk2 Older Intake manifold was a direct copy of the ITR
Blox is junk that is directly copied from SKunk2

ANyone that thinks BLOX is so much better than skunk2 is wrong. Blox is THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS as skunk2, although most of BLOX stuff is Skunk2;s defected products taht Blox buys up on the black market.

Now Skunk2 has a New intake manifold out (PRO SERIES) that is sposed to be better than the older one they had. i have not had a chance to dyno one or seee how it compares to a AEBS.

I usually reccomend AEBS cause i have seen them support 230whp with minimal work done to them, although i am trying to get my hands on a New Skunk manny

KevinT707
09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Can't wait to see that blinged out intake manifold under the hood

punkr6
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
i talked to the represenitive for skunk2 at the nopi show this weekend,he informed me that the new manifold-pro- is just a cleaned up version on the origional.his words were :if youve got the origional just keep it,you won't see a noticeable gain in power:that was very desipointing.

Vteckidd
09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
i talked to the represenitive for skunk2 at the nopi show this weekend,he informed me that the new manifold-pro- is just a cleaned up version on the origional.his words were :if youve got the origional just keep it,you won't see a noticeable gain in power:that was very desipointing.
well i talked to the OWNER of skunk2 ths weekend for about 3 hours, and they have seen 12% more flow out of their new manifold. Did you talk to Joe or Mark ? Mark is the bigger guy with spikey hair, joe is the smaller guy.

it is a cleaned up version, which means it should have better casting and better ports. i know it does have shorter runners that the older version.

we'll see i should be getting one to dyno soon.

punkr6
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
i talked to joe,nice guy and he was very proud of the new pro cams,can't wait to see them on a dyno.......

2K_GSR
09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
AEBS makes more power than the Skunk2 and is much cheaper
Skunk2 Older Intake manifold was a direct copy of the ITR
Blox is junk that is directly copied from SKunk2

ANyone that thinks BLOX is so much better than skunk2 is wrong. Blox is THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS as skunk2, although most of BLOX stuff is Skunk2;s defected products taht Blox buys up on the black market.

Now Skunk2 has a New intake manifold out (PRO SERIES) that is sposed to be better than the older one they had. i have not had a chance to dyno one or seee how it compares to a AEBS.

I usually reccomend AEBS cause i have seen them support 230whp with minimal work done to them, although i am trying to get my hands on a New Skunk manny

damn mike, thought you reccomended the blox for me...i must of misunderstood;<) (this is ex2gsr aka shawn btw)

Vteckidd
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
damn mike, thought you reccomended the blox for me...i must of misunderstood;<) (this is ex2gsr aka shawn btw)
lol

at the time, there was no AEBS manifold, and there was no PRO series manifold for your car.

i recommended BLOX cause it was the same as Skunk2 but cheaper. now, AEBS has a GSR manifold, so i would reccomend them. however, your car still made good power on the Blox, and i think the difference in power is prob negligible , maybe 2-4whp at the most

besides we ported your manifold and removed any casting flaws

2K_GSR
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
i would DIE for 189whp right now!

Vteckidd
09-19-2005, 08:43 PM
loser

get what i told you to get and youll be past that ;)

eViLMunkey
09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
They make a AEBS for a D16 head?

Vteckidd
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
negative only B series

eViLMunkey
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
wel shiat... well at least I can go Skunk2..