PDA

View Full Version : Cold Idle

blaknoize
02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Well the swap is complete and the car runs well, very well. But I have one problem. I have a cold idle issue. When the car is started (after sitting overnight and seems to be only after over night) the car is very hard to start. The car will NOT hold an idle on the first 2 starts, on the 3rd it might hold an idle. If it does, it idles at about 700+-

All vacuums have been checked, even with the idle screw backed all the way out and the dizzy advanced/retarded in either direction it does not help. Anybody ever had this type of problem.

B18A1 B18B intake Obd-0.

Mr.RedLine
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
im actually havin that problem myself but my rpm's drop real low wen im drivin the car nd get to a light it feels like its gonna die!! does it run fine nd it gets up nd goes wit no problem? or does it hesitate a lil bit??

JDMJAYDC2
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
are you just jumping in the car and turning the key or do you turn the key 2 clicks let the fuel pump cut on then turn it to the on pos.? this may help your problem or buy a new fuel pump

Mr.RedLine
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
nah i always wait..then i fire it up..ive always done that wit every car ive owned..idk it could b da fuel pump..im also noticeing that everytime im just cruisin nd i just stomp on da gas it chokes a few times nd then open's right up!! i have a dohc zc swap??any ideas??

blaknoize
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
are you just jumping in the car and turning the key or do you turn the key 2 clicks let the fuel pump cut on then turn it to the on pos.? this may help your problem or buy a new fuel pump
NO!!! I always let it warm up. Im from the north now... operating temp is what I like. And I always wait (generally) for the injectors to prime. DUH.

blaknoize
02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
nah i always wait..then i fire it up..ive always done that wit every car ive owned..idk it could b da fuel pump..im also noticeing that everytime im just cruisin nd i just stomp on da gas it chokes a few times nd then open's right up!! i have a dohc zc swap??any ideas??
I see what u did there :ninja:

Mr.RedLine
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
thats wat im meant to say i do wait for it then i fire it up nd let it idle im from the north also..New York..so i know wen its cold to let da car warm up for a while..lol

JDMJAYDC2
02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
maybe clean the throttle body??? but a fuel pump and filter would be a great thing to replace

cwhiteboy
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Check IACV, behind the intake manifold. On both my Integra (b18b) and the CRX (Dohc ZC), I had idle problems, and problems with cold starts. I took off the IACV and cleaned it out with brake cleaner, reassembled, now they both run fine.

There could also be a couple of other issues, but these are the cheapest and easiest to try.

I'm almost 100% possitive it is not your fuel pump. It is rare that honda fuel pumps fail in the fact that they are not effiecent enough to pump enough gas, they usually just straight break. And this sounds more like an emission equipment related problem.

Hope this helps.

blaknoize
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
maybe clean the throttle body??? but a fuel pump and filter would be a great thing to replace SEAFOAM BABY. I did that when we installed it. SMOKED likea bitch.

Mr.RedLine
02-03-2009, 07:57 PM
lol yeh im plannin on doin the seaform this week..nd im gonna clean the throttle body nd iacv also good lookin guys..so anyone interested in an LS motor my buddy is sellin for $200 bucks?? lmk

blaknoize
02-03-2009, 11:07 PM
And yes, it has a new fuel filter. Well relatively new. On the original B18B that was in it I had a fuel code on the ECU, but I checked this and the only code I receive is the speed sensor, which I NEED to get.

blaknoize
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
hmmm... I think I found another vacuum line.