PDA

View Full Version : remove PCV system?

CB7tuner
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
would it be alright to remove the PCV system??? well not remove it but not connect it??? I have heard the PCV can be the culprit of H22's burning oil. I've already tried a catch can but it doesnt help. could i just put a breather filter on the end of the PCV valve similar to the valve cover breather and plug the nipple on the intake manifold????

EmminoDaGreat
02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
PCV is an important part of an engine. IMO

STRteg
02-02-2009, 08:17 PM

X2 why would you want to remove it for?

Tech5
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM

100% agreed

Thats why almost every car has one, but there are some that dont too, I rather have one in my car!

Barefoot
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
ive worked on a few cars with the system removed. they are crap. pcv setup removed will affect a lot of things.

speedminded
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
would it be alright to remove the PCV system??? well not remove it but not connect it??? I have heard the PCV can be the culprit of H22's burning oil. I've already tried a catch can but it doesnt help. could i just put a breather filter on the end of the PCV valve similar to the valve cover breather and plug the nipple on the intake manifold????So you're losing oil some where and just don't know where? Did the catch can have much oil in it when you were using it? The can prevents the oil from going into the intake manifold and eventually on top of the cylinder where it gets burned. If that didn't stop it from losing oil then it's burning it somewhere else, most likely the rings are toast...

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
So you're losing oil some where and just don't know where? Did the catch can have much oil in it when you were using it? The can prevents the oil from going into the intake manifold and eventually on top of the cylinder where it gets burned. If that didn't stop it from losing oil then it's burning it somewhere else, most likely the rings are toast...

Very true.:goodjob:

speedminded
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Very true.:goodjob:oops, meant top of cylinder wall/top of piston.

81911SC
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
No.