PDA

View Full Version : Squealing brakes new pads/rotors..

JITB
02-02-2009, 03:19 AM
i dont know too much about brakes, except how to change the rotors/pads and bleed etc.. but i replaced my pads/rotors, a few months ago, and im getting a crazy squeal at the end of my stops. I was thinking of jsut taking them back and getting a better brand. but ive had a few people tell me to do a few things to stop. i bedded the brakes properly...

disc brake quiet on the pads.. :???:
sand paper on the pads to get the glaze off :???:
re adjust the tabs :???:
take the pads back get better ones.. :???:
re grease the back of the pad :???:
spray brake cleaner on the caliper :???:

they are just a set of regular pads, but its just a regular car so i didnt think to get anything special.

Barefoot
02-02-2009, 04:13 AM
what grade of brakes did u get.

AnthonyF
02-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Are you looking for a performance pad or just any pad? AutoZone has some decent cheap pads that we havent had any problems with yet.

-Ant.

speedminded
02-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Put silicone brake grease on both sides of the shims. Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. has small packets of it at the check out counters. No need in getting a bottle of it because it will last you 20 years, lol! More expensive pads come with it in the box [some times] but I wouldn't doubt it if manufacturers stopped that all together with the way the economy is...

JITB
02-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Are you looking for a performance pad or just any pad? AutoZone has some decent cheap pads that we havent had any problems with yet.

-Ant.

just any pad, they are cheap brakebest pads

what grade of brakes did u get.

it just says organic pads

Put silicone brake grease on both sides of the shims. Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. has small packets of it at the check out counters. No need in getting a bottle of it because it will last you 20 years, lol! More expensive pads come with it in the box [some times] but I wouldn't doubt it if manufacturers stopped that all together with the way the economy is...

i put some on the shims when i installed them... it wasnt alot tho....i already have the disc quiet spray from years ago, would that work instead of the grease?

AnthonyF
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Most brands don't come with it anymore. We used to get it with every box...not anymore.

-Ant.

JITB
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
i think i got it taken care of, i pulled them off, and re greased them, and sprayed brake quiet on the caliper bolt/and the caliper etc.. and its nice and quiet!