PDA

View Full Version : Misc so... i suck at halo 3

jonathanjone
02-02-2009, 01:23 AM
so... the title says it all. how did some of you guys get better? any tips, hints, trix, something like that?

seriousb13
02-02-2009, 01:25 AM
so... the title says it all. how did some of you guys get better? any tips, hints, trix, something like that?

Get very good at using the BR! :goodjob:

jonathanjone
02-02-2009, 01:29 AM
i try to, i really do. it seems like the harder i try, the more i fail. i can never keep it on them for what ever reason. ima blame mental retardation. and how the heck do all these generals no scope like crazy...

OhMyGodfather
02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
play mlg playlist, if you can get into the 40s on MLG playlist you're doing fine

jonathanjone
02-02-2009, 02:46 AM
if i could get into the forties period id be happy lol. i got to 23 on lone wolves and i get owned all day. it sux. or maybe its just i suck. maybe ill do better tomorrow. i was much better at halo 2 b/c my buddy played with me all the time and taught me alot and he was good. he's like a 49 in team slayer, 36 in lone wolves, 40 something in something else. but he dowsnt play anymore. i ned someonw to teach me about 3. somebody good that is lol. i play with my cousins... ive passed them already... in 5 or 6 days, ive passed what theyve done in months.... but they have a friend that is pretty good. but they are barely on. i wish i had 3 when it first came out lol.

sorry it was so long. i put my head down and just kept typing. sorry

JITB
02-02-2009, 03:11 AM
1. Play alot
2. Dont zoom in with the BR unless you really have to, its hard to jusdge distance.
3. use grenades, if your to die, throw a grenade..
4. KEEP Grenades 4 grenades equal atleast 1 1/2 kill..lol

i suggest playing big team battle, not as much emphasis on killing, and even squad battle. its hard to tell someone how to play, everyone plays different. but BR is key..without using it right you cant kill shit..

white24d
02-02-2009, 08:52 AM
using the Br is something that takes practice. I personally dont use it. You can out shoot someone that has a br by doing other things. Learning what not to do is key. The only real way to get better is to play, but at the end of the day it is still a video game, LOL.

Complete
02-02-2009, 09:39 AM
just play the game more, thats how everyone gets better

OhMyGodfather
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
BR is clutch, but AR will rape at close range 90% of the time. If you get into a an AR vs BR battle, the BR person has to 4 shot or the AR person has to choke lol. Just know how to handle shit properly. Know when to run away, if you get into a battle and know you will lose, but you have enough time to run away, point your head down and run away to fight another day.

Never stay still and always have your back to a wall. The weapons are on timers, so whenever you grab a weapon remember that time in the back of your head and then continue, at 2 in a half minutes the sniper is up regardless if someone is holding it, in 3 minutes the rockets are up, only if someone has dropped them, OS in regular matchmaking doesnt do a whole lot, but in MLG its every 2 minutes and can be the difference between getting owned instantly or taking out someone with a power weapon.

Another point: POWER WEAPON CONTROL. If your team doesnt have it you cant do shit.

Play with better people. Play Lonewolves, that will get you better the quickest, it teaches you to think fast and react fast, as well as be a good shot, if you dont have any of that you will just be throwing out assists all day and go nowhere. Learn to use the radar, if you see a red dot, stay still or crouch to move around to attack them from the corner, play games with them, run around in one spot so they think you are there, but crouch over 20 feet so when they look at that corner you're already attacking them with AR fire and grenades.

Learn to talk shit. A real champion has a retort to every noob on the game that talks shit, make them feel stupid for every opening their mouth.

Dont rely on shit talk to speak for your score, if you are sucking keep your mouth shut.

Be a team player. Dont be selfish. Selfish people are called statwhores. They are the people that let you die, so they can get one step closer to 25 kills in Team Slayer. When you play better people, and with better people, not everyone can be the Tank that takes everyone out, you need some people that sit behind and do whats right for the team.

Dont be a hero, play smart. If you are the only one left on the team, dont rush out there to go for the impossible Overkill, stay behind and spawn your team so you can make a joint effort to take them out.

On Guardian: Top Mid is death. Sniper and camo are a must.
On Epitaph: Bottom Mid is death. Rockets are clutch.
On Pit: Sniper and rockets are key. Abuse them.
On Narrows: Sniper and rockets are #1. Control the bridge at all times. Look for spawns behind you.
On Foundry: Sniper rules that map, control the Truck, Rocket Spawn, and the two Sniper spawns and call out if they are spawning on the left side or the right side.
On Construct: Control top purple rooms, watch for people crawling up the legs leading to sword spawn, and watch the ramp near the glass wall. Top level of gold lift is a clutch area as well, but dont stand there, get on the side so you can use the wall for cover.
Snowbound: Sniper.
Valhalla: Banshee and laser control. Look out for warthogs after you kill their banshee. Sniper rules this map as well.

Thats all I can think of, I just play MLG so I can't tell you any of the other maps, we just play and win those, no strategy, if we have to, we just wing it. This game is easy until the 40s, then you actually get people that think when they play.

Good luck.

alpine_aw11
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
You may suck, but there's no way you suck as bad as Halo itself sucks. Just take some time and think about that.

9ussy
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
best tip is.. most importantly is the grenade setup that weaken their shield..practice how to bounce it off objects.... secondly its the battle rifle skill to get the head shot! and team work is important too... :goodjob:

Turbo04
02-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Play a better game??

JITB
02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
i was pretty upset at halo3, at first... than i played gears 2, and i realized how great the multiplayer setup is on halo.. and im soo thankful...

hadouken
02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
usually when you try too hard you cant play
take a break for a few days then try again
but like 9ussy thats a good way at getting better

RL...
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I am the shizznit @ 2 and 3. And Gears 2. I don't know why, I don't play much, but I'm rlly good

OhMyGodfather
02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
im the best here, by far. no joke.

BKgen®
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
stop playing gaylo.

RL...
02-02-2009, 07:27 PM

lies!!! If you want to put this to the test pm me and we can set up a 1v1....:ninja: i don't like to brag but I'm pretty good @ halo, and have yet to lose a 1v1

JITB
02-02-2009, 08:35 PM

playin mlg all day dont make u the best... :D

FasTech
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Just do like every other video game nerd.... Play that shit everyday as much as possible.

OhMyGodfather
02-03-2009, 04:28 AM
lies!!! If you want to put this to the test pm me and we can set up a 1v1....:ninja: i don't like to brag but I'm pretty good @ halo, and have yet to lose a 1v1

MLG Guardian v5
MLG TS v5
15 kill cap
15 minute time limit

thats the rules i play by for 1v1

OhMyGodfather
02-03-2009, 04:28 AM
does any halo nerds know of KnightyKnight?

he was in MLGs Top 10 this week.

Just wondering if anyone heard of him.

Deke
02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry, what is MLG? I used to play Halo 3 a lot a year or two ago, then I got off of XBOX live. I don't think here was anything called MLG back when I played.

jonathanjone
02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
mlg is major league gaming. its pretty much br starting off, and human weapons on the map. thats what it was for halo 2 anyway. 3 you still start off with a br but i havent payed much attention about the other weapons. but it was around about 4 yrs ago on halo 2 so maybe you just missed it lol

MrBoostedCRX
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
keep playing it, play online, you're going to get use to those 12 year old's kicking your ass in that game, when u get mad u tend to play better, just remember...they are only twelve!