PDA

View Full Version : problems with my brakes

JDM onlyy
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
okay well i got a 1994 acura integra gsr. i had a problem with my brakes. they were super soft whenever i stepped on them and then they would drop on the floor. so i decided to bleed them. well now they're more stiff and firm but if i hold the brakes for awhile, they still fall down to the ground.

can anybody help me out with this?

is it the master cylinder?

or is it the brake booster?

or could i have a leak in my lines?

JDM onlyy
02-02-2009, 02:33 AM
no one can help?

Barefoot
02-02-2009, 04:16 AM
master cylinder if there isnt a leak

ash7
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
no one can help?

continue bleeding the brakes if you got results. It can take a long time to remove all the air manually.

If you want to just get it over with, take the car to a brake shop and ask them to bleed the brakes with a machine... probably charge you 40 bucks, and save you a ton of time.

-jonathan

seanrg1116
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
master is bad or a leak. maybe you have a bad caliper causing the problem

JDM onlyy
02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
master cylinder if there isnt a leak

was told the master cylinder has already been changed from previous owner.

JDM onlyy
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
master is bad or a leak. maybe you have a bad caliper causing the problem

master has been changed by previous owner. but i was also told it could be a bad caliper. how would i check to see if it was the caliper?

speedminded
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
master has been changed by previous owner. but i was also told it could be a bad caliper. how would i check to see if it was the caliper?By there being brake fluid all over the wheel?

Changing the master cylinder does not mean the master cylinder is good.

JDM onlyy
02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
By there being brake fluid all over the wheel?

Changing the master cylinder does not mean the master cylinder is good.

Lol, well damn, I guess the first one ain't it.

As for the second one, I thought bout that too. But I didn't want to spend money on something I might not need. Cash is kind of tight right now.

NOCLUE
02-03-2009, 12:28 AM
loose or damaged brake lines

speedminded
02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Lol, well damn, I guess the first one ain't it.

As for the second one, I thought bout that too. But I didn't want to spend money on something I might not need. Cash is kind of tight right now.Is it losing fluid?

mitch lab
02-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Try bleeding the master cylinder. Most case alot of people tend to forget to bleed the new master cylinder before the installed

Tensa_Zanget
02-03-2009, 07:14 AM
I had the same problem as you before on my crx but then after i installed the new one on and got it bleed, it works like a charm.

seanrg1116
02-03-2009, 07:32 AM
yea man its prob the master and it is the cheapest part to replace besides the lines. just change it out again.... is there any fluid leaking on to the booster from the master?

Barefoot
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
do u have rear drums or disk

Tech5
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
okay well i got a 1994 acura integra gsr. i had a problem with my brakes. they were super soft whenever i stepped on them and then they would drop on the floor. so i decided to bleed them. well now they're more stiff and firm but if i hold the brakes for awhile, they still fall down to the ground.

can anybody help me out with this?

is it the master cylinder?

or is it the brake booster?

or could i have a leak in my lines?

take the brake lines off the master cylinder!

Install either plugs,bolts into the master with the right thread pattern to block it off... then mash the brakes an hold if they leak down still its the master cylinder,. if not then you might have either vaccumn issue, or a rear brake leaking... LMK if I can help

speedminded
02-03-2009, 09:16 AM

Install either plugs,bolts into the master with the right thread pattern to block it off... then mash the brakes an hold if they leak down still its the master cylinder,. if not then you might have either vaccumn issue, or a rear brake leaking... LMK if I can helpThere ya go! :goodjob:

JDM onlyy
02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Try bleeding the master cylinder. Most case alot of people tend to forget to bleed the new master cylinder before the installed

how do you bleed the mc mitch? man im just gonna come to the shop later..lol

JDM onlyy
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
do u have rear drums or disk

rear disk.

JDM onlyy
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM

Install either plugs,bolts into the master with the right thread pattern to block it off... then mash the brakes an hold if they leak down still its the master cylinder,. if not then you might have either vaccumn issue, or a rear brake leaking... LMK if I can help

that sounds good, i think i'm gonna go to mp82's shop and just let him take a look at it. :goodjob:

yunglaosta
02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
check and see if anythings leaking underneath where your pedals are. if so its brake master cylinder

JDM onlyy
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
check and see if anythings leaking underneath where your pedals are. if so its brake master cylinder

hmmm i dont think anything is.