PDA

View Full Version : I need fenders rolled

willum14pb
01-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I haz new wheelz and i rub everywhere, someone tell me where to get my fenders rolled please. I hear the going rate is about 25$ or so a fender.. let me know thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/erykv1/changaroo-kayfunkz.jpg

-kayfuNk

Ruststang
01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I got mine done at Butler tire.

G.C
01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
baseball bat.

AnthonyF
01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
On an EVO?

-Ant.

DunDunSkeert
02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
On an EVO?

-Ant.

You can do a good job with a bat if you take your time. I don't know why people are so scared of this, it isn't something you can see.

Catnip
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for posting in General Tech, it's nice to know we all know how to post in the correct section... hell, if we didn't, there'd be no use for more than one section.

Catnip
02-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, anyone want to buy a 1994 Integra? $2500

Oh wait, this is the off topic section.

Revmaynard
02-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I guess someone who was banned posting from someone else's screen name is acceptable.

willum14pb
02-01-2009, 01:37 AM
You guys have been really halpful. thanks. Hope to see you all in person one day. Make sure you say hello to me.

DunDunSkeert
02-01-2009, 02:10 AM
You guys have been really halpful. thanks. Hope to see you all in person one day. Make sure you say hello to me.

I you do decide to do it with a bat use a hair dryer to get the fender hot to keep the paint from flaking. You want about 3 inches of wheel gap so you might have to jack your car up a little if it's lowered. Just use the bat as a lever against the tire to bent the fender lip. Take your time, it's fun.

WickedIXMR
02-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Hey man check out Wagenwerks they roll fenders and cut them as well. I got my evo fenders and M3 fenders cut. If I was you I'd rather cut them.

WickedIXMR
02-01-2009, 02:23 AM
I you do decide to do it with a bat use a hair dryer to get the fender hot to keep the paint from flaking. You want about 3 inches of wheel gap so you might have to jack your car up a little if it's lowered. Just use the bat as a lever against the tire to bent the fender lip. Take your time, it's fun.
Hair dryer? Are you kidding me? That aint gonna do shit. You would need a heat gun.

DunDunSkeert
02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Hair dryer? Are you kidding me? That aint gonna do shit. You would need a heat gun.

You would be surprised... a heat gun is just asking for trouble especially in the hands of someone inexperienced. A good hairdryer can get it too hot to touch, so yes it will do shit. You just need to get it hot enough for the paint to be more flexible. I have heat of people getting so overzealous with a heat gun that they warped their fenders.

WickedIXMR
02-01-2009, 02:35 AM
You would be surprised... a heat gun is just asking for trouble especially in the hands of someone inexperienced. A good hairdryer can get it too hot to touch, so yes it will do shit. You just need to get it hot enough for the paint to be more flexible. I have heat of people getting so overzealous with a heat gun that they warped their fenders.
I'd rather use a heat gun and heat the paint for a couple seconds rather then minutes using a hair dryer...

DunDunSkeert
02-01-2009, 02:44 AM
I'd rather use a heat gun and heat the paint for a couple seconds rather then minutes using a hair dryer...

It really doesn't take to long, plus the sudden temp change from a heat gun can't be good for the paint as paint and metal expand and contract at different rates, and this could possibly cause the paint to bubble in the future. Kind of the same idea as fixing dents with hot water and dry ice. Doing this will cause the paint to bubble after time.

willum14pb
02-01-2009, 03:17 AM
Will i still be able to use my fender wells if i cut the fenders? Also i dont know if i want to do that.. ill probably just roll them, i only need about 1/2 inch of clearence. Also where is wagenwerks located? gotta phone #? Is cutting a lot more expensive than rolling? Ill check out both options.