PDA

View Full Version : ECU immobilizer question for 2001 gsr

STRteg
01-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Ok so I have a 2001 integra,I'm putting my swap but i have a question,since my key has a chip in it,and the immobilizer that was in the ecu when i do my swap what kind of affect will it have putting a different ecu in my one that does not have an immobilizer as far as the key trying to read the info from the ecu that is not there?Will my car run and start off of another ecu withouth that feature?or do i need to have my original ecu?

silversol
01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
yes another non imbalizer ecu will work in your car.

STRteg
01-31-2009, 11:24 AM
yes another non imbalizer ecu will work in your car.

and with my original key (That has a chip in it) too?

Juggernaut
01-31-2009, 11:28 AM
All hope is lost. Sell the car. It will be immobilized without the immobilizer making it immobile.

RBS
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
you'll be fine if you go from a immobilizer ecu to a non immobilizer ecu as long as it is the proper ecu for the motor you have.

Barefoot
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
you'll be fine if you go from a immobilizer ecu to a non immobilizer ecu as long as it is the proper ecu for the motor you have.x2:goodjob:

STRteg
02-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Alright reps to everyone thanks guys

STRteg
02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok i have another question about my ecu/ignition/gauge cluster,ok so my teg is a 2001 and the 2001 gauge cluster has the little green key that flashes when i start and turn the car off because of the chip in the key.Before i replaced the gauge cluster with this one i tried one that didnt have that little green flashing key and the gauge cluster wouldnt work and i had to get one i guess that was suited properly for the immobilizer in my ecu.Well now that I'll be putting a different swap in with a different ecu am i going to have to mess with the ignition because of the way the key is set up?And am i going to have to change out my gauge cluster?And what about the wiring that connects to my ecu will i have to change that too? or alter it in any way because of the wiring being slightly different for the chip in the key/gauge cluster setup?

j0nbunklah0m
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Alright reps to everyone thanks guys

ur reps arent worth anything :cheers:

speedminded
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok i have another question about my ecu/ignition/gauge cluster,ok so my teg is a 2001 and the 2001 gauge cluster has the little green key that flashes when i start and turn the car off because of the chip in the key.Before i replaced the gauge cluster with this one i tried one that didnt have that little green flashing key and the gauge cluster wouldnt work and i had to get one i guess that was suited properly for the immobilizer in my ecu.Well now that I'll be putting a different swap in with a different ecu am i going to have to mess with the ignition because of the way the key is set up?And am i going to have to change out my gauge cluster?And what about the wiring that connects to my ecu will i have to change that too? or alter it in any way because of the wiring being slightly different for the chip in the key/gauge cluster setup?whoa, you're thinking about this way too hard.

What swap are you doing first of all? What ECU?

If you use an OBD1 or OBD2a ECU then you shouldn't have to worry about anything. You'll just need a conversion harness from OBD2b to whatever ECU you run.

I'm running a '98 ITR ECU in my '01 GS-R w/ B18c5 so had to use an OBD2b to OBD2a conversion harness. Zero issues with gauge cluster not working.

STRteg
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
whoa, you're thinking about this way too hard.

What swap are you doing first of all? What ECU?

If you use an OBD1 or OBD2a ECU then you shouldn't have to worry about anything. You'll just need a conversion harness from OBD2b to whatever ECU you run.

I'm running a '98 ITR ECU in my '01 GS-R w/ B18c5 so had to use an OBD2b to OBD2a conversion harness. Zero issues with gauge cluster not working.

and no issues with using your chipped key/ignition?And I'm not sure of the swa[ i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to run into any problems

STRteg
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
ur reps arent worth anything :cheers:

Just like the air you breath:cheers: