PDA

View Full Version : How fucked up the system is..

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Or did my brother get caught up in the system or some transition that we may not know about..

So, My brother got sentenced to 10 years in jail...well, 10 or 6 with good behavior..

Anyways, He had 7 charges..

Now, He had 2 lawyers, My parents spent over 60K - His bail, when he had one , was close to a million bucks =/

Thats crazy.. even the lawyers were shocked..

My brother went ahead because the Lawyers, had a feeling this was going to be ugly..

The 2 lawyers are WHITE.. by they told us straight up, Since we were hispanics my brother was going to get screwed if he went to trial..
He was going to face 140 years in prission with parol After 40 years.. wtf..

The lawyers were sure , He was fucked, but they had a plan, They had another person they knew, had the same charges, actually.. he had 9..

Very similiar, no actually worst and That person got 9 years probation and 1 year behind bars.. But he had already been in Jail for 14 month..
So he got out with 9 year probabation..

And yes, He wasWHITE.. so the lawyers will redo everything in a few more month to make sure they have another way to attack this...

The lawyers brought this to our attention and showed us some of the paper work for the other person..

I honestly don't give a fuck about race.. I never really sweat that shit.. those who know me on a personal level know that..

Thanks to the lawyers we may have a case once all this is settled.
They just couldnt get everything together before he faced the judge for a plea bargain.

My brother went to jail for Arm robbery - 7 counts..

No one was ever hurt, under $1200 bucks was taken in all 7 combined..

What made all this bad was , their were weapons involved.

In no way, im saying he shouldnt get punished, but.. wtf is this all about? I def know what it is..

And a 1st time offender..

crazy shit.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh yeah, Gwinnett county..

Thighs
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
i think if he didnt wanna go to jail, he shouldnt have been committing armed robbery.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
i think if he didnt wanna go to jail, he shouldnt have been committing armed robbery.

Did you read my thread?

I clearly stated.. This

" In no way, im saying he shouldnt get punished, but.. wtf is this all about? I def know what it is.."

And Also, Believe me, we think he's an idiot and it is , what it is..

blaknoize
01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Yea, pointin a gun at anyone to take cash is wack and if he had the balls to steal he should have the balls to take whats comin to him.

I would believe bein hispanic does play a role though, as white folks dont seem to like anyone other than themselves. Its gonna be a problem eitherway. SO he should just put his nuts on the concrete and take it

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Damm that sux man. I have done some bad stuff in my life, but with the grace of god and having parents with money.I walked away with probation....

Im hispanic also!

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Believe me, He's been there about a year and a 1/2.. He's pretty much knows whats up..

Im not saying he's complaining.. why you think he plea'd? duh..

Just don't make sense why a person with 9 charges all arm robbery and 3 were assault .. walked away.. free....

Make you think?

redrumracer
01-30-2009, 06:20 PM
well damn that sucks. go for em.

blaknoize
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
It varies from judge to judge as I think u know. I mean, I got pull over for the same violation at the same speed in 2 different states and the amount I paid was different per each judge, so.... its their personal preception of it.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Let me clarify.. He's bond was close 600K.. not a million.. lol
When he 1st got arrested he did have an aggravated assault charge, but that was dropped..

blaknoize
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
OJ had a murder case and it was dropped now look at his ass, they couldnt WAIT to get him just like they cant wait to get Michael Jackson

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
OJ had a murder case and it was dropped now look at his ass, they couldnt WAIT to get him just like they cant wait to get Michael Jackson

My theory :

OJ never killed that woman..

I mean, when ge got arrested He was clean..no blood, nothing.. . who knows.. we will never know.. forensic evidence showed she was killed minutes before the whole mess happened..

I think someone else did it.. and I think, who ever killed his wife, was going to Kill OJ to.. I think OJ was involved in something... and they were out to get him...

lol.. if the glove dont fit????????

But he got away..

01CDMLUDER
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
The system is screwed up.. and thats comming from a white guy! lol my ex-girlfriend's frandfather god life in prison for killing someone in self-defence. This guy got into a fight with him and pulled a gun on him and he wrestle with the man and shot him. I think the only reason he even got sentenced was b/c he was like 6''7' 300 and something pounds and was illiterate.

Ur brother might be lucky b/c in some states the manditory sentence is higher because a gun was involved. Either way he knew what he did was wrong and like u said he will pay for it. Good luck with everything

_Christian_
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
It depends on how the DA and judge feel, which vary so it's not always going to be fair. 140 years with parole @ 40 is very excessive. I don't doubt that the legal system favors whites over minorities. I don't think 6 years (if your bro can behave) is bad for 7 armed robbery counts. I feel more sorry for your family than your brother. What's ridiculous is the guy who got 1 year+9 probation for nine counts.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
. What's ridiculous is the guy who got 1 year+9 probation for nine counts.

Makes no sense.. same county.. lol

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
HOLY SHIT MAN

Count 1: 16-8-41, armed robbery-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 2: 16-8-41, armed robbery-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 3: 16-8-41, armed robbery-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 4: 16-5-21, assault (aggravated)-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 5: 16-5-21, assault (aggravated)-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 6: 16-5-21, assault (aggravated)-f - 09/23/2007.

Count 7: 16-5-21, assault (aggravated)-f - 09/23/2006.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, It was actually only one for aggravated assault and and the rest armed robbery..
The AA got dropped and get kept the 7 armed robbery.. Thats jacked up.. lol

So it was 8 counts..together, but one got dropped..

I wasnt kidding..

Dude was nuts..

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, It was actually only one for aggravated assault and and the rest armed robbery..
The AA got dropped and get kept the 7 armed robbery.. Thats jacked up.. lol

So it was 8 counts..together, but one got dropped..

I wasnt kidding..

Dude was nuts..

Yea, you need to take him to get a hair cut when he gets out... His hair is wild... Sux man!!!

_Christian_
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Makes no sense.. same county.. lol
wow

B18c1Turboed
The other dude got 10 years. Would your brother not accept the same plea? Its better then 40 years

Julio
Actually he has no hair now.. lol.. He cut it..

Oh well..

Young kids trying to act tough and shit..

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:50 PM
The other dude got 10 years. Would your brother not accept the same plea? Its better then 40 years

I think when he got caught he worked some kind of deal if he snitched so he did. There was another girl involved as well..

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
my brother only got 10 do 6... with good behavior.
So pretty much the same.

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I think when he got caught he worked some kind of deal if he snitched so he did. There was another girl involved as well..

Damm. that sux. Yea i saw the girl involved too....

My moto is ... IF YOUR GONNA DO DIRT,DO IT ALONE!! NOONE CAN EVER TELL ON YOU THEN!!!!

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
my brother only got 10 do 6... with good behavior.
So pretty much the same.

I would take it and run!!!! Sux but you know you gonna do time, he probly wont get a batter deal then that, unless they have no proof he did it.

Julio
01-30-2009, 06:55 PM
I would take it and run!!!! Sux but you know you gonna do time, he probly wont get a batter deal then that, unless they have no proof he did it.

He did take it. I think he's going to be transffered in a month or so to Jackson, I think thats the name I heard..

But we all know, how slowwww G county is.. lol

B18c1Turboed
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
He did take it. I think he's going to be transffered in a month or so to Jackson, I think thats the name I heard..

But we all know, how slowwww G county is.. lol

TEll him GOOD LUCK!!! U can have a IA hoe party for him when he gets out. Wait by then all the girls on IA tits will drop and be all saggy!!!

Julio
01-30-2009, 07:02 PM
By then, I honestly hope im not on here =]

cough..

blaknoize
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
ignored the Micheal Jackon part :rolleyes: julio

Julio
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
ignored the Micheal Jackon part :rolleyes: julio

we all know he likes little boyzzzzzz

JITB
01-30-2009, 07:25 PM
cant even imagine doing more the 3 days in jail.. which i did...lol that shit set me straight.. jail sucks. hope he comes out a changed man!

Arm&hammer
01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
thats fucked up.
i couldn't do over a day in jail without going crazy.

collins
01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Duuuuude!!! No doubt g'nett county is slow as balls. I got arrested back in 02 for reckless driving and it took me almost 24 hours to get out for a TRAFFIC offense

G.C
01-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Believe me, He's been there about a year and a 1/2.. He's pretty much knows whats up..

Im not saying he's complaining.. why you think he plea'd? duh..

Just don't make sense why a person with 9 charges all arm robbery and 3 were assault .. walked away.. free....

Make you think?

You sure he only got probation??

Copy and pasted this from a ga law site.

ARMED ROBBERY
An Armed Robbery is a robbery committed with an offensive weapon, any replica of an offensive weapon, or a device having the appearance of any such weapon. It is actually possible to be convicted of armed robbery if you did not have a weapon. For example, if you put your hand in your pocket and cause someone to believe you have a gun, you could be convicted of Armed Robbery.

Punishment for Armed Robbery
Depending upon the circumstances, punishment for Armed Robbery can be

Death penalty;

Life in prison;

No less than 10 nor more than 20 years in prison. Keep in mind that the minimum prison time is 10 years with no early release (http://www.georgiadefenders.com/violentfelony.htm).

If you take a controlled substance from a druggist and cause intentional bodily injury, the minimum prison sentence is 15 years. You must do at least 10 years in prison with no early release.

RL...
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
The system is screwed, but believe it or not, America is the best place to live, and while it's laws/judiciary system is far form perfect, it is fairest system in the world.

Point is, don't rob ppl with guns, and you'll avoid this whole situation.

Life isn't fair, my 2nd grade teacher told me that, and that was the smartest/most useful thing any teacher has taught me.

RL...
01-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Duuuuude!!! No doubt g'nett county is slow as balls. I got arrested back in 02 for reckless driving and it took me almost 24 hours to get out for a TRAFFIC offense

? 24 hours is quick....it took me 32...but then again I cussed a few officers out...after all, wtf is a16 yr old minor doing in adult jail jsut cuz some idiot in a 240 peeled out next to me?

G.C
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
? 24 hours is quick....it took me 32...but then again I cussed a few officers out...after all, wtf is a16 yr old minor doing in adult jail jsut cuz some idiot in a 240 peeled out next to me?

Well there goes your problem. They probably shit on your release paper and and made you sign with a pen that was shoved up some homo convict's ass.

mad3nch1na
01-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Does Asians get more or less times that whites? but in comparison to blacks and Hispanics do we get less?

Julio
01-31-2009, 08:42 AM
You sure he only got probation??

Copy and pasted this from a ga law site.

[/font]
[/left]

I already seen that.. Total BS>.

If 10 Was the Minimun.... why mu brother got 10 years do 6 with good behavior... lol

And yes that person is released according to the lawyers.

B18c1Turboed
01-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Yea thats total BS. Those our guidelines only. If hes been there 1 1/2 years already all that time counts so 4 1/2 to go....

ANd yea that person was released, i searched the records and he aint in jail anymore...

jfman
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Point is, don't rob ppl with guns, and you'll avoid this whole situation.

I'm with this guy. Nobody is perfect but armed robbery is some serious shit. Things go wrong and someone can end up dead very quickly.

Julio: your brother is lucky he didn't kill or hurt anyone while commiting these crimes.

Init2winit
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I would believe bein hispanic does play a role though, as white folks dont seem to like anyone other than themselves.

I could say the same about black people.

J-ROCK
01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
the system really sucks! white people get away with alot! and im white and i cant stand it!

thecrazyone
01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
I could say the same about black people.

about time someone said that.

babygurl
01-31-2009, 07:00 PM
I already seen that.. Total BS>.

If 10 Was the Minimun.... why mu brother got 10 years do 6 with good behavior... lol

And yes that person is released according to the lawyers.

Julio, you and I both know you should get a third lawyer involved, someone to invesigate this about the other guy. Or at least a third opinon. Your brother did something pretty bad. Now granted I have a family member in prison for murder, So I cant preach much about this type of thing. But your brother is lucky he got the least he did. And the copy and past of the law for sentencing I think is correct. I could be wrong tho.

lol you need a lawyer who is also a judge for a county or city court system

DarwinsA32
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Actually he has no hair now.. lol.. He cut it..

Oh well..

Young kids trying to act tough and shit..

Man, don't feel bad, i'm white as they come and i'm getting 5 do 5 when i go to court, i didn't steal anything or hurt anyone. youre hispanic, yeah, is your brother a cholo looking/acting dude? That might be what the lawyers are talking about, different dimeanors and appearances, vernacular get different treatment. If you're brother is a straight up Cholo wearing a dickies button up with only the top button done some tan cargos knee high socks and chonclas what do you expect?

Julio
01-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Man, don't feel bad, i'm white as they come and i'm getting 5 do 5 when i go to court, i didn't steal anything or hurt anyone. youre hispanic, yeah, is your brother a cholo looking/acting dude? That might be what the lawyers are talking about, different dimeanors and appearances, vernacular get different treatment. If you're brother is a straight up Cholo wearing a dickies button up with only the top button done some tan cargos knee high socks and chonclas what do you expect?

Nope. Not south american Sir. Im sure thats what you are thinking.

antiv6
01-31-2009, 10:14 PM
how old was your brother when he did it?

Crazy Asian
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
damn it would suck even worse if he was in cali. Try getting the OJ's special team. That seemed to help.

DarwinsA32
02-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Walter Britt and Christine Kohler... Gwinnett county dream defense.