PDA

View Full Version : Athiest Holy Day - NWS

AirMax95
01-29-2009, 10:08 AM
FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days.

The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned.

BKgen®
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM

In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days.

The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned.

lol i love it. +1

dtmcnamara
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
THIS THREAD IS NWS FROM HERE DOWN....IM WARNING YOU....DONT SCROLL DOWN....

http://www.atheistsavior.com/images/Jesus_Fucking_Christ.jpg

thats funny

EJ25RUN
01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Made me lol.

4dmin
01-29-2009, 10:46 AM

though this is totally funny this is hilarious problem here in the US. you can have freedom of religion only extends to Christianity :rolleyes:

Observance of religious holidays by gov/state should be privilege to those who schedule to have it off not a national holiday. this is much like black history month - wtf :thinking:

AirMax95
01-29-2009, 10:54 AM
though this is totally funny this is hilarious problem here in the US. you can have freedom of religion only extends to Christianity :rolleyes:

Observance of religious holidays by gov/state should be privilege to those who schedule to have it off not a national holiday. this is much like black history month - wtf :thinking:

True, but the foundation of this country is Christianity (hope i'm right). Easter really isn't a working holiday due to it falling two days after Good Friday, which makes it on Sunday. Christmas on the other hand is self explanatory.

I am not sure how Jewish holidays work. As far as Black History month goes, well, I don't like the notion of naming it. I respect it, but I wish we could all blend it in with regular education and give recognition to those of deserve it. Sadly, that shit will never happen.....so I love the month!

AirMax95
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Funny thing I thought of: "I God We Trust, but We Don't Obey"

U.S. = Confused.

ironchef
01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9361/wooomu4.gif

No lols.

BKgen®
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Observance of religious holidays by gov/state should be privilege to those who schedule to have it off not a national holiday.

this is much like black history month - wtf :thinking:

Last time I checked, nobody takes days off work for black history month. :rolleyes:

BKgen®
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
:rolleyes:

osnap
01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
:rolleyes:

Brown Man
01-29-2009, 11:20 AM
http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/11/113334-hindu-temple-chilaw-sri-lanka.jpg

osnap
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM
you shut your whore mouth, kurshid.

4dmin
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
True, but the foundation of this country is Christianity (hope i'm right). Easter really isn't a working holiday due to it falling two days after Good Friday, which makes it on Sunday. Christmas on the other hand is self explanatory.

I am not sure how Jewish holidays work. As far as Black History month goes, well, I don't like the notion of naming it. I respect it, but I wish we could all blend it in with regular education and give recognition to those of deserve it. Sadly, that shit will never happen.....so I love the month!

they came here to escape religious persecution and were christian but that doesn't mean 200+ years later we should follow the path of our fathers. these same people also raped, killed, and stole the lands from the Indians as well as burned people at the stake for being a witch :goodjob:.

GKtib® I never said people took off for it but observing holidays like such at a national level is retarded.

AirMax95
01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
they came here to escape religious persecution and were christian but that doesn't mean 200+ years later we should follow the path of our fathers. these same people also raped, killed, and stole the lands from the Indians as well as burned people at the stake for being a witch :goodjob:.

GKtib® I never said people took off for it but observing holidays like such at a national level is retarded.

I COMPLETELY agree. Thats why I posted this:

Funny thing I thought of: "I God We Trust, but We Don't Obey"

U.S. = Confused.

I was only stating the reasoning behind it. Hence why I follow my "born into" religion, but I question certain bible beaters and extremist. Lots of people are loons, but its worse if you use religion as ur "stoopid" crutch.

SixSquared
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Last time I checked, nobody takes days off work for black history month. :rolleyes:

We do for MLK day....

BKgen®
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
We do for MLK day....

You get off work for MLK day? fucking lame. You're not even black. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And by the way, black history month is February. MLK day is in January. :goodjob:

4dmin
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
You get off work for MLK day? fucking lame. You're not even black. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And by the way, black history month is February. MLK day is in January. :goodjob:

Man i'm black and i didn't even get MLK day off :no:

IndianStig
01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
excellent

BKgen®
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Man i'm black and i didn't even get MLK day off :no:

:lmfao::lmfao:

me too :ninja:
from the waist down

4dmin
01-29-2009, 12:56 PM
:lmfao::lmfao:

me too :ninja:
from the waist down

wow 2 of us have that disease? :lmfao:

alpine_aw11
01-29-2009, 02:06 PM

The US wasn't necessarily founded on Christianity, a few of the founding fathers happened to be deist/atheist/agnostic;) Good luck ever finding that out in history class. You could say it was founded on the basis of Christian moral laws, but what decent human being doesn't abide by them already? This nation was founded on strong belief in secularism and freedom of expression, whether you happen to be Buddhist, Satanic, or even a Scientologist(lo-fuckin-l).

I am essentially atheist, still working it out, but I really don't give two shits whether or not we get a holiday. I'd prefer getting Christmas presents, it's much more satisfying. The only thing I would like to see is TOLERANCE for our beliefs.

AirMax95
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
The US wasn't necessarily founded on Christianity, a few of the founding fathers happened to be deist/atheist/agnostic;) Good luck ever finding that out in history class. You could say it was founded on the basis of Christian moral laws, but what decent human being doesn't abide by them already? This nation was founded on strong belief in secularism and freedom of expression, whether you happen to be Buddhist, Satanic, or even a Scientologist(lo-fuckin-l).

I am essentially atheist, still working it out, but I really don't give two shits whether or not we get a holiday. I'd prefer getting Christmas presents, it's much more satisfying. The only thing I would like to see is TOLERANCE for our beliefs.

Ah, I learned something, thanks. Thats why I put in there "hope I'm right". I was unsure of the complete explanation, then in school of course you are spoon fed stuff, lol. That's why I could never understand slavery and abuse of another human. Which FURTHER let me question religion as a whole. Having an uncle who is a pastor makes for interesting family events.

Research time!