PDA

View Full Version : Mustang GT with mach system help

dtmcnamara
01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Ok so my girl is tired of her mach system in her car cause the CD player skips and its all around a POS system...i think has been said over a bajillion times.

well she wants to replace it so I was wondering what was the size of the speakers all around? I think theres just rears, door speakers and the door tweeters right? Looking to just re-do it all with the extra Alpine cd player I have here. THANKS

b@d @pple
01-29-2009, 10:27 AM
they are 5x7s all the way around..mach only runs the woofers in the doors and the woofers in the mach box..tweets are run off radio..easiest thing to do is run wires to rears and catch fronts in kick panels..replace 4 speakers and connect to new radio

dtmcnamara
01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
tweeters are rattling so I told her we will just do everything...you sure 5x7? I always thought 6x8?

hybrid90accord
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
5x7 and 6x8 are interchangable. and yes the mach 460 use 5x7/6x8 in the door and a 2" mid/tweters. The factory amps are in the trunk if you wanna do a amp bypass or if you wanna integrate you wil have to use RCA's and a radio with 2 sets of RCA pre-outs. the tweeters will be run off the radio using the front speakers wire coors in the main "large" ford 98-up harness and the secong harness will contain the rca signal and remote turn on and amp ground wires which will send a signal 4 the front door woofers.

dtmcnamara
01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
i will probably just take the entire system out of the car and re wire all the speakers. then take a hammer and "fix" the 460 system...lol

thanks guys. hopefully the girl can get the speakers today or tomorrow so I can start on everything. should be fun...lol

MachNU
01-29-2009, 10:17 PM
wow your the first person i have ever heard say the mach460 system is terrible. every mustang i get it has to have the stock system in there or i wont buy it. the only thing better is the mach1000!

wannab20hatch
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
you can go to best buy and paly on their little computer and itll tell you the speaker sizes. crutchfield.com does also. also tels you the size of cd/flip player will fit it.

dtmcnamara
01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
wow your the first person i have ever heard say the mach460 system is terrible. every mustang i get it has to have the stock system in there or i wont buy it. the only thing better is the mach1000!

lol

ya it was good while it lasted...but then 1 speaker started to rattle, then another, then the cd player started to not eject cd's then it started to skip and every once in a while it will not turn on....and....well you know what im talking about....lol

alpine_aw11
01-30-2009, 02:09 AM
the12volt.com

That site has entirely too much information regarding this kind of stuff for future reference.

dtmcnamara
01-30-2009, 07:03 AM
the12volt.com

That site has entirely too much information regarding this kind of stuff for future reference.

thanks i will check them out in a minute