PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Got a "new" car today =)

J13eck
01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
1999 GS-T eclipse. It runs great. Has its little issues here and there. Drove it back to columbus from lawrenceville tonight with no issues besides the battery and brake like coming on a few times.. Probably just loose wires.

Plans so far: throw my 14b on there and get some bigger injectors and a boost controller. Yep

HERE ARE THE PICS:D

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/vngjg/0129091104b-1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/vngjg/0129091104c.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/vngjg/0129091104.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/vngjg/0129091103.jpg

kinda needs a new door imo or just a paint job:goodjob:

J13eck
500 lol

xdavidscenex
oh god...it is a 7 bolts?

Bridged
01-28-2009, 11:58 PM
1999 GS-T eclipse. It runs great. Has its little issues here and there. Drove it back to columbus from lawrenceville tonight with no issues besides the battery and brake like coming on a few times.. Probably just loose wires.

Plans so far: throw my 14b on there and get some bigger injectors and a boost controller. Yep

Pics tomorrow mornin yoooo:D
An a upgraded fuel pump. But yea the car drove prefect back home. Glad you got it man! :goodjob:

Yea, it's a 7bolt, stock motor, nothing messed with. Everything is stock, but intake, bov, exhaust, and there was no MBC on it and was only running 12psi. Guy seemed to take good care of it. Block had no leaks, carbon, or anything, real clean. Car has low miles on it and crank walk is less common in 97+ DSM's. It's like a 15% chance and usually happens around high miles or BAD driver errors.

J13eck
01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
oh god...it is a 7 bolts?

lmao yea. Hopefully i don't have any bad luck with this one

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa311/wbftfrk/crankwalk.jpg

Bridged
01-29-2009, 12:07 AM
lmao yea. Hopefully i don't have any bad luck with this one

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa311/wbftfrk/crankwalk.jpg
If you do, you got that built 6bolt sitting at your house.

slostang
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM

Pics tomorrow mornin yoooo:D

umm...

you mean 16G?

Bridged
01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
umm...

you mean 16G?
No 14b, the 2G has a small t25 turbo the 14b is bigger and free since he already has one. :)

J13eck
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
umm...

you mean 16G?

na mayne i already gots a 14b dawg. it tiss free

slostang
01-29-2009, 12:25 AM
ahh... i dont know my dsms very well... lol

1badgvr4
01-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Batt, and brake light means dead alt.

Bridged
01-29-2009, 02:31 AM
It did fine for 3 drive down. We will check it though. It would go on and off during bumps and randomly, so we think it's a bad connection. Def check that out if it's not. :cheers:

jr4mny
01-29-2009, 07:32 AM
i always love those cars, who knows might be in the market for one in the summer =]

Kevykev
01-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Still A nice purchase, i assume it was a good price. Treat it well, it's your only option. :)

J13eck
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Still A nice purchase, i assume it was a good price. Treat it well, it's your only option. :)

thanks. I'm about to go take pics. It was a steal for a 99 with everything working and it being a turbo car.

i always love those cars, who knows might be in the market for one in the summer =]

Make sure you check it thoroughly. good luck, they're awesome. And can be a chick magnet ;)

J13eck
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I plan on bringing it to mitsubishi later and seeing what the service engine light is for too lol

it runs great tho =) brb pics.

Paree4g63
01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the legendary 4g63t club! haha Don't forget a Walbro fuel pump also, Recommend changing your spark plugs to a better then oem one and get a tune to make sure everythings right! G/L;)

Thighs
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
check the grounds on the alternator, battery, and probably the ABS system. which brake light came on? parking brake, abs light, etc?

scabtastic
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
lemme get that front bumper from you brah lol

Bridged
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the legendary 4g63t club! haha Don't forget a Walbro fuel pump also, Recommend changing your spark plugs to a better then oem one and get a tune to make sure everythings right! G/L;)
Yea I told him that's the first thing he needs to do that or rewire the 2g FP for the 14b. It was a good car for the price was surprised.

Paree4g63
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Yea I told him that's the first thing he needs to do that or rewire the 2g FP for the 14b. It was a good car for the price was surprised.

And don't forget, don't change your fuel pump while your gas tank is full! haha I filled up my gas tank before my installation and I had to lose a few gallons to change out my fuel pump. ;)

meengreenPGT
01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Nice, I've always wanted one of those.

J13eck
01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Nice, I've always wanted one of those.

Yeah its an awesome car dude. i recommend it.

check the grounds on the alternator, battery, and probably the ABS system. which brake light came on? parking brake, abs light, etc?

it was the parking break. its probably a loose wire on the alternator.

ALSO The service engine light is on. I got it to turn off when i replaced the spark plugs but on the way home tonight it came back on. It has a lifter tick so im going to change the oil to synthetic and see if that does anything. But if anyone has any info or tips just let me know

thanks ;)

J13eck
01-29-2009, 10:57 PM
And don't forget, don't change your fuel pump while your gas tank is full! haha I filled up my gas tank before my installation and I had to lose a few gallons to change out my fuel pump. ;)

well at least gas isnt that expensive now lol. Yeah i plan on changing the pump :)

aguynamedpat
01-29-2009, 11:48 PM
You dont have to drop the tank to swap pumps in this car. Pull the backseat, pull the cover off, pull the pump out. Ive swapped numerous fuel pumps on these cars without dropping the tank.

As for the lifter tick, you are not going to get away from it unless you throw some "3g" lifters in there. No, they are not the lifters from the 3rd gen eclipse, they are revised lifters that have bigger holes so they pump up quicker.

Crankwalk is MOST common in the 97, less common in the other years. I had a 95 GST with 135k on it when I sold it and it had no signs of crankwalk. The crank had no endplay or anything. I now have a 98 GST with a 6 bolt bottom end/7 bolt head. 6 bolt swaps are great, but crankwalk is less common than you think.

1bad hit it on the head, those lights coming on means the alternator is likely on its way out. Its happened to me numerous times. DO NOT take it to Mitsu to pull the code, take it to Auto Zone to pull the codes. They do it for free.

You failed to mention the FMIC when you mentioned his mods list. Please tell me that it is actually hooked up and not just sitting there.

Take care of that thing for $500. 99's are becoming rare and hard to get your hands on, take care of it and it will take care of you. I recommend heading over to www.gadsm.org and signing up. Lots of great knowledgeable people who can help you with all of your issues. Just tell them pats95gst (my name on there) and 1badgvr4 sent you.

aguynamedpat
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Here is a pic of my car that the precious owner took:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/aguynamedpat/DSM/car1.jpg

Its been down for a month and a half now. Hydraulic tensioner went out, timing jumped and valves bent. Its got a fresh head along with a laundry list of other new parts, I cannot wait to get it back on the road. The first thing Im doing is pulling it out, washing it, cleaning the wheels, and taking good pics. Its been sitting in the garage for a month and a half and now its covered in dust and white shit from the garage ceiling lol.

Any questions feel free to hit me up personally, I dont mind helping out.

Brick
01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
I like the t25 and FMIC combo :)

Really though, have fun with it...good deal. Welcome to the wonderful world of mechanics.

Motivation
01-30-2009, 06:43 AM
I. Welcome to the wonderful world of mechanics.

times mother effin two!!! Reps for the truth!!! BUT it is definately worth it.

Definately check out GAdsm.org. A LOT of good people over there to help with any questions you could ever have. ALSO vfaq.com is going to be a very good friend to you. Put that site on your favorite list if you have ANY questions about your car or replacing anything or just want info. :goodjob:

J13eck
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah i took it to mitsu to pull the code and they said 70$ and i was like f that and then i remembered advance auto parts<3

Yes the intercooler is infact hooked up to the t25 lol. I thought it was a great plus because i wouldn't have to buy one.

I have a prelude for sale and once that is sold, first thing first is the alternator, then the fuel pump. I have a fully built head from a 6bolt 1st gen and i decided to quit that project so i'm thinking about throwing that on there instead of just replacing lifters.

I do need to go ahead and sign up, i've been putting that off for the past month lol.
I'm really excited about the car though. EVERYTHING WORKS on it, even ac. So this might be the car im keeping for a good while.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

I'll also update what i've done when it gets done. Hopefully with pics =)

aguynamedpat
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Good luck with it man. Do you have a 6 bolt longblock or just the head?

J13eck
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Good luck with it man. Do you have a 6 bolt longblock or just the head?

Yeah, its built too. But i dont want to deal with swapping the motors until it crankwalks or something breaks

so i believe when the 7bolt breaks, it'll get interesting.

aguynamedpat
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
It may not break. My buddy ran numerous 11's on his stock 7 bolt bottom end, including an 11.5, and he never had any issues with it.

J13eck
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
It may not break. My buddy ran numerous 11's on his stock 7 bolt bottom end, including an 11.5, and he never had any issues with it.

oh sweet. well thats all i want. 11's. even 12's would make me happy. I'm cleaning out the garage now and waiting for my motor to cool off to change the spark plugs again. I put autolites in and gapped em wrong :(

and im putting the stock 1st gen bov on it because i believe i have a boost leak from the greddy bov i have :thinking:

aguynamedpat
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
1g BOV's are awesome. Is your BOV a true greddy or is it a knockoff?

Do yourself a favor, throw in NGK BPR7ES and gap them from .029 - .032. NGK's work great in these cars, both the plugs AND the wires. Stay away from autolite, champion, bosch, etc and run strictly NGK's.

J13eck
01-30-2009, 11:44 PM
yeah i just picked up some ngkr's. Haven't put them in yet but i will pretty soon. I have a horrible lifter tick and even when i rev it still ticks. Just changed the oil and it still does it so i might be replacing some lifters here soon too. I still can't figure out why the service engine light is on. We went to AAP and got the code checked and its saying cylinder 1 missfire but it runs great. Just idles harsh.

time to sign up on gadsm :)

J13eck
02-07-2009, 01:42 PM
well the 14b is on. just needs the lines hooked up and hopefully its works lol

2turbo4u
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
DSM tuner.com

AnthonyF
02-07-2009, 08:43 PM
nice man. I was telling my GF i would love to get a 98-99 Eclipse. Just as a dd.

-Ant.