PDA

View Full Version : Back to OLD SKOOL...finally!

dtmcnamara
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Well it might actually happen. I think I have the S2000 sold and if so I will be picking up a 1982 corolla wagon. Its in pretty decent shape, interior needs some work, but hell I have seen 2001 cars that need help inside.

The only thing that will delay my engagement with the corolla is if my car does not sell, and in that case I will have to wait until I get my tax return back and then get it. Cross your finger that everything works out. I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time and cannot believe it is actually about to happen.

HELL im more excited about getting this corolla than when I got my S2000, is there something wrong with that?...lol

here is a teaser pic, also can be found in the placeonce know as the WL...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/ithinkitsmiles/cars/DSC_0427.jpg

Sammich
01-28-2009, 09:08 AM
NOTHING WRONG W/ THAT, I'M PERSONALLY MORE EXCITED TO SEE OLDER CARS DONE RIGHT THAN THE 'NEW GENERATION'

I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR U

puregroove
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Nice, I hope your s2k does get sold. That shot looks like it's in Cali. When I see that many nice older cars together, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

:goodjob: to more old cars on the road.

dtmcnamara
01-28-2009, 12:57 PM
yep cali it is. Still working out the final price with the seller and figuring out transporting services to GA. Found a few reputable companies that will do it for $700 but I would have to wait until another car gets shipped out here, thats why they are so cheap kill two birds with one stone sort of speaking.

But ya either way I am more excited about the corolla than any other bike/car/computer I have ever gotten...lol

Cannot wait to work the rest of everything out. Knock on wood the S2000 sells, even if it dosent I will still hopefully get it cause insurance on the Corolla is cheap as shizzit. Then if im under the corolla I can put my dad under the s2000 and let it sit until it does sell. I would still be saving almost $100 in insurance by doing it that way.

Either way I hope to get back into the old school game again. Went from a AW11 MR2 to a AE86 Corolla to the newer hondas. New cars are nice, but you just dont get that same feeling. I dont know if its the smell, the look or just the feeling...hummm there one to ponder over

puregroove
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont know if its the smell, the look or just the feeling...hummm there one to ponder over

I know what you mean. My '76 corolla has leather/vinyl interior and the smell it adds to the car is so, not found in today's cars. It's freakin' dope.

The feeling can not be duplicated with today's cars either. :yes: :goodjob:

Glides
01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Man that car is stanky bad. Good luck man, thats a right sweet piece if you get it.

Revmaynard
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
What was your first old school car?

dtmcnamara
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
1989 AW11 S/C MR2

Revmaynard
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Nice, definitely like the Corolla wagon more than the MR2. Lol

EP3sAreFun
01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Nice, definitely like the Corolla wagon more than the MR2. Lol

pssshhhh whatever

dtmcnamara
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
pssshhhh whatever

lol the AW11 was a fun car, but a bitch to work on....i would work on a corolla over a mr2 any day...lol

WalkS
01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice man! I do hope you get it though, good luck :goodjob:
You better be prepared to post up pictures when you do get it!

FasTech
01-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice man, I really like it....Although, I like S2k's too.

dtmcnamara
01-28-2009, 07:54 PM
lol...i love the S too but its just not the time for it. I do not need a car payment while still in school. If things go as planed I will have another AP1 in a few years.

I have a few people checking the car out for me this week and I am still waiting for more pictures and a few videos and I will make my final decision. Should know by next week if I am going to get it or not. Then it will be the longest 10 business day of my life waiting for it to ship...lol

FasTech
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
lol...i love the S too but its just not the time for it. I do not need a car payment while still in school. If things go as planed I will have another AP1 in a few years.

I have a few people checking the car out for me this week and I am still waiting for more pictures and a few videos and I will make my final decision. Should know by next week if I am going to get it or not. Then it will be the longest 10 business day of my life waiting for it to ship...lol

I hear ya man. Getting school done is alittle more important. Atleast your still getting something that looks nice just without car payments....Hahaha

Anyways, Hope things work out for you, man.

alpine_aw11
01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
lol the AW11 was a fun car, but a bitch to work on....i would work on a corolla over a mr2 any day...lol

They are the definition of fun. It isn't that it's hard to work on, but shit, parts can be very expensive/somewhat difficult to find now that they're getting to be somewhat rare. Sucks I have to get rid of mine, don't have the time, cash, or patience for it.

The wagon looks bad as hell, get it son!