PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little bit of metal work. - Not sure where this should go.

b18hb
01-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm working on a project for school, and I am in need of two of the same part. Essentially, it is 1/2" tubing bent on a 5" radius (to the center of the tube) spanning 180 degrees and cut to fit on a flat surface. Additionally, one hole will have to be drilled through both sides of the tube, and a few welds/ brazing/ any other metal to metal attachment method that can stand vibration for a decent length of time will need to be made.

I'm looking for a shop or an individual who has the tools to do this with reasonable precision. Any recommendations? I can supply more detail if necessary.

Also, I'm on the north east side of atlanta, and I'd prefer to stay local.

Thanks a lot.

Blitanicle99
01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Find you a small welding/fab shop. If you are in the woodstock area there is this guy called "Crazy Dave" that has a place right off bells ferry that does great work for a damn good price.

Echonova
01-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm working on a project for school, and I am in need of two of the same part. Essentially, it is 1/2" tubing bent on a 5" radius (to the center of the tube) spanning 180 degrees and cut to fit on a flat surface. Additionally, one hole will have to be drilled through both sides of the tube, and a few welds/ brazing/ any other metal to metal attachment method that can stand vibration for a decent length of time will need to be made.

I'm looking for a shop or an individual who has the tools to do this with reasonable precision. Any recommendations? I can supply more detail if necessary.

Also, I'm on the north east side of atlanta, and I'd prefer to stay local.

Thanks a lot.Do you need Mandrel bends? If so, that will cut your list down quite a bit...

Catnip
01-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Damn, if you were about 1 and a half hours south, my school could do it for free.

b18hb
01-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I appreciate the replies.

I would prefer that the parts not have creases or any significant deformities when they're finished.