PDA

View Full Version : Satellite navigation

Sledlude
01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
So was in the market for a sat nav.. i came across a Garmin nuvi 200w for 99 pounds. it was the last one so i snatched that shit up. i realize it is a pretty basic piece, no real bells and whistles, buts its all i need to get my from a to b and at that price i thought it was affordable.

point being... i always wanted a garmin because i thought you get bang for your buck and quality.. but should i have gone with a tom tom or other model? what do you think? any experiences? i just got it so if it sucks i can still return it.

thnx

quickdodgeŽ
01-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Garmin is a pretty respected name in the satellite field. They've been around for a long time. Up until recently, they were more known for personal satellite devices. Like when you go hiking and such. You did good with your purchase as far as I know. Later, QD.

okra1981
01-24-2009, 09:55 PM
My girlfriend has that very model, I love it, it has saved me too many times to count. I only wish it would say the street name to turn on, instead I have to look over at the unit to read what street it is, small gripe.

wannab20hatch
01-25-2009, 02:23 AM
i dont know the specific models but my mom,dad and grandma all have garmins and we havent had any problems out of them. i personally dont like the user interface on the tom tom the garmin is much nicer and it accepts sd cards so you can change voices (mr.T) and different cars on screen. Also they have built in blue tooth so you can answer the phone will driving.