PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lil Wayne's rock album due out...

quickdodge®
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Lil Wayne announced the official release date and title of his next album: Rebirth is due April 7 — and his publicist has confirmed to MTV News that it will be a rock album. Of course, Wayne has been rocking with a guitar for some time now.

The first single is called "Prom Queen" and will debut on the Internet right after a live stream of his concert in San Diego on January 27. The show will be available for stream on MySpace.com.

Wayne — who will perform at the Grammy Awards on February 8 — hinted at a change in direction for his next LP in October during the BET Hip-Hop Awards.

"I don't know if we're gonna release Tha Carter IV now," he told MTV News on his tour bus. "I think we're gonna release Tha Carter III — a new Carter III with none of the same songs, though. None of them. Not one! We don't wanna call the [next album] we got coming out Tha Carter IV. That was the dilemma we were in. We want Carter IV to be what everybody wants it to be.

"This is something brand new, so we don't want it to be some experimental thing, 'cause some people are not gonna like this. I don't want them to not like Tha Carter IV. But I do have an album coming soon, very soon, and it's gonna be called ... Tha Carter III: The Rebirth. The birth of a new beginning."

Those plans have been changed a bit. Wayne's rep told MTV News that the April 7 release has absolutely nothing to do with Tha Carter III or any of his previous hip-hop efforts.

LINK TO SONG - Prom Queen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gks8WAgyTF4)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/fuck_face17/HTML/3226856672_80025b10ce_o.jpg

Lolol. Later, QD.

Thighs
01-24-2009, 08:53 PM
i wonder what thats gonna be like... i have always liked the cleverness waynes lyrics and his music has a certain melodic feel to it that alot of rap doesnt really hit. ive seen him collaborate with a couple rock artists lately, most notably (i think, anyways) was his appearance on the new FOB album.

this will either be really cool or suck 5 dicks. and the only people who will appreciate it either way are people who truly have an open mind for music.

Sledlude
01-24-2009, 09:01 PM
ugh. lil wayne is the worst. i like him less every time i hear his annoying faggot voice.
hated him since his lame as break out HOT BOYZ or whatever the hell they were called. he has already tried desperately to ruin rap music (and almost succeeded), please dont let him ruin other genres as well.

quickdodge®
01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
and the only people who will appreciate it either way are people who truly have an open mind for music.

I disagree completely here. I can't stand Lil Wayne or anything he touches/does. But when I turn on my radio and I have presets for 50s rock-n-roll, 60s rock-n-roll, 70s rock-n-roll, 80s rock-n-roll, 70s disco, 70s ballads, 80s pop music, 80s ballads, 70s soul, 70s funk, 80s soul, 80s rap/hip hop, 70s and 80s cross over country tunes (Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton and a couple of others back then), I have to think of myself as having a pretty open mind towards music. I just recognize what I think sounds good and what I think sounds like Lil Wayne or 50 Cent. Later, QD.

Thighs
01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
youre kinda contradicting yourself though. i mean, you havent heard this album yet but you seem to have a pretty biased and closed minded opinion about it, just based on the fact that its lil wayne. there has been plenty of artists that i have heard nothing good from, and then they come out with something that has a different sound from the usual that they produce and i really like it.

i also have a pretty open mind as far as music and listen to a wide variety of stuff, some of what you listed and a little more, including techno, classical, newer rock, progressive rock, old/new rap, etc. i dont really like to put genres to music, if it sounds good i like it.

quickdodge®
01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
youre kinda contradicting yourself though. i mean, you havent heard this album yet but you seem to have a pretty biased and closed minded opinion about it, just based on the fact that its lil wayne.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. I never once said I thought this album sucked or anything negative about it. And it's not being closed minded saying that i don't like a particular musician. Closed minded would be me not ever listening to someone and just assuming he/she sucked. I liked Wayne's earlier, CMM, days. What I get out of your definition of closed minded is if I don't like someone's music, then I'm closed minded. That's not right.

i dont really like to put genres to music, if it sounds good i like it.

I don't know if "genre" is the word you're looking for as that word is in correct usage. Rock is rock. Rap is rap. Country is country and so on. That's different genres of music. Later, QD.

Sledlude
01-24-2009, 09:29 PM
word. i would also like to think i have an open mind to music, i mean considering the broad tastes i have in it... but my mind is pretty much made up when it comes to wayne. i think it will suck 5 dicks.

Thighs
01-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I haven't contradicted myself at all. I never once said I thought this album sucked or anything negative about it. And it's not being closed minded saying that i don't like a particular musician. Closed minded would be me not ever listening to someone and just assuming he/she sucked. I liked Wayne's earlier, CMM, days. What I get out of your definition of closed minded is if I don't like someone's music, then I'm closed minded. That's not right.

i guess i misunderstood what you were saying. from what i got out of it, you were ASSUMING it was gonna suck based on his past records that werent to your liking. i just think its not really fair to assume anything about it, since it will be such a drastic departure from his normal style. if i misunderstood, ill eat my words. lol

I don't know if "genre" is the word you're looking for as that word is in correct usage. Rock is rock. Rap is rap. Country is country and so on. That's different genres of music. Later, QD.

i mean all the stupid specific genres that people tend to identify musical styles within a particular type of music. i.e. progressive, emo, pop-punk, punk, hardcore, punk-core, grind-core, metal-core etc.

Thighs
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM
word. i would also like to think i have an open mind to music, i mean considering the broad tastes i have in it... but my mind is pretty much made up when it comes to wayne. i think it will suck 5 dicks.

i say theres a very good chance it will suck more than my conservative estimate of 5... usually when someone successful in one area of music tries to cross over to another they fail hard. example: garth brooks. hes a badass as far as his upbeat-country style goes, but his weird alter-ego from the 90's dditn work out too well for him at all.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emgblog/pics/gbrooks2a.jpg

im just saying that ill give it a listen and if i like it, good. if not, i wont be too disappointed. but im not gonna say it sucks before i have heard it.

quickdodge®
01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
i guess i misunderstood what you were saying. from what i got out of it, you were ASSUMING it was gonna suck based on his past records that werent to your liking. i just think its not really fair to assume anything about it, since it will be such a drastic departure from his normal style. if i misunderstood, ill eat my words. lol

http://www.freefoto.com/images/09/10/09_10_2---Place-Setting--Table_web.jpg

i mean all the stupid specific genres that people tend to identify musical styles within a particular type of music. i.e. progressive, emo, pop-punk, punk, hardcore, punk-core, grind-core, metal-core etc.

I gotcha on that. And I agree. I think of all that as just punk. Later, QD.

Thighs
01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
got any a-1?

but as far as the latter part of my post, sure theres alot of things that differentiate those types of music, but theres too much in common for it to be sub-divided to that degree. as far as im concerned (in rock at least) theres just plain old rock; punk; pop-punk, which there is enough difference between that and true punk to make its own category; metal; hardcore, and then theres an "other" category that bands such as coheed and cambria and the fall of troy should fall under.

uproot
01-24-2009, 09:51 PM
An excerpt from little wayne's wikipedia:

"In an interview with Blender, Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music"

I have never heard anything from his "music" that could have been influenced by Nirvana... :thinking:

quickdodge®
01-24-2009, 09:53 PM
An excerpt from little wayne's wikipedia:

"In an interview with Blender, Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music"

I have never heard anything from his "music" that could have been influenced by Nirvana... :thinking:

Maybe he was referring to Cobain and drug usage. Later, QD.

uproot
01-24-2009, 09:57 PM

Valid point.

Revmaynard
01-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe he's going to put a shotgun to the back of his throat?

Thighs
01-24-2009, 10:02 PM

i can see a little bit of similarity in writing style. but thats about as far as it goes.

VIP Style
01-24-2009, 11:43 PM
well this is how I see lil weezy situation. first off you have to give him his respect, theres not one rapper that dropped an album last year that even came close to what weezy album sold within the first week and so on. he sold more than paper trail, the recession, and whatever else dropped in the rap game. with that being said, weezy may be headed for becoming victimized by his own success. sure he is probably feeling full of himself, so why not turn the tables and go for something totally different. he will either fail horribly or see a substantial amount of success.

quickdodge®
01-25-2009, 08:29 AM
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH SINGLE OFF ALBUM!!!

Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-25-2009, 08:36 AM
well this is how I see lil weezy situation. first off you have to give him his respect, theres not one rapper that dropped an album last year that even came close to what weezy album sold within the first week and so on. he sold more than paper trail, the recession, and whatever else dropped in the rap game. with that being said, weezy may be headed for becoming victimized by his own success. sure he is probably feeling full of himself, so why not turn the tables and go for something totally different. he will either fail horribly or see a substantial amount of success.

He made his money and all and, unfortunately, that's what it's all about these days, but I don't respect him on himself. And being a victim of his own success is exactly what is stirring his downfall. He will NOT see substantial success with a rock album. He'll either fail or it will be moderate. I don't see it being moderate.

If you'll listen to the single I added to the first post, he fucked up already. Auto-tuning a rock song? That sounded like complete ass. Not a good mix at all. Later, QD.

VIP Style
01-25-2009, 09:51 AM
i listened to the single prom queen and uhhhh.....:thinking: i really dont know if this was such a great idea, but we will see what numbers this album puts up. and yes QD you are correct to the fullest. it has become all about making money instead of coming up with some "good" and "relevant" material. just look at soulja fag, everything he has put out is just trash, all i hear is :blah: from him.
He made his money and all and, unfortunately, that's what it's all about these days, but I don't respect him on himself. And being a victim of his own success is exactly what is stirring his downfall. He will NOT see substantial success with a rock album. He'll either fail or it will be moderate. I don't see it being moderate.

If you'll listen to the single I added to the first post, he fucked up already. Auto-tuning a rock song? That sounded like complete ass. Not a good mix at all. Later, QD.

nreggie454
01-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Agreed. I could hardly make it through the first 30 seconds. That whole song sounded like shit.

LOL I swear he burps into the microphone around 1:30.

VIP Style
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
lol wtf, burped into the microphone? lol
Agreed. I could hardly make it through the first 30 seconds. That whole song sounded like shit.

LOL I swear he burps into the microphone around 1:30.

Turbo Terrance
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
HES UNTAMED HE NEEDS A LEASH!!!!!

Revmaynard
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea, it sucks. It sounds like someone who can't help but stutter with voice effects or some shit.

Sledlude
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM
dammit removed due to copyright claim.

Deke
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Nevermind, I don't think that was the song. Looking for another link.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcihu-_YHUo

quickdodge®
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
^^^ All the links have been removed. Later, QD.

uproot
01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
here's one that works:
http://www.hiphopmusicdotcom.com/lil-wayne-prom-queen.html

though I strongly suggest not clicking that, unless you have a barf bag handy.

Unsigned artists working with a budget close to $0, and promote themselves through sites like www.purevolume.com produce better music than that.

Julio
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
So much want to be like JAYZ... from Album covers, to try to spit witty lyrics...

aint gonna happen..

Lil Wayne needs to shut the fuck... Or Ill beat like a cop.

Julio
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Dudes in the hood are not going to buy that.. The instruments are pretty good.. but Waynes lyrics are errrr..

I can already see DUNKS rocking to this... NOT!

josh green
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
The music is bad and so is his singing/ effects. If he was going to try something like this he would need someone like Travis barker, and other equally as creative instrumentalists. The band sounds like a studio band that they stuck behind him. I dont really care for much rap and listen to a lot of NIN and metal from the 70's- today ( mostly cleaner singing), I think the only people that will buy/listen this are the same people that listen to Nickel Back, Finger 11, Theory of a dead man, people with a generally bad taste in music that also go to the club or ride in their car and listen to his stuff.
Honestly, if he wanted to get into the rock/alternative/ creative spectrum he needed to hook up with Maynard James Keenan. His side project Puscifer and the people that he gave the songs to to remix them are CRAZY. Maybe even working with Trent Reznor could have netted him some cool songs but not really "rock" I guess.

LOL, QD, we actually made a CD with a lot of old CMM on it to take to crash some parties with. Some of the younger kids are like WTF is that shit.

When it comes to rap I'm kinda a method man/busta kinda person I guess