PDA

View Full Version : Misc mac or pc?

sina518
01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
im looking for a laptop dont know what to get

Paree4g63
01-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Depends what use you have for it? I'd say PC if you're just using it for basics. I don't know anything about Mac's but I know their expensive. I think they have 9inch laptops nowadays.

BB6dohcvtec
01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I think this has been argued quite often. Just do the research and decide for yourself. thats the best advice I can give you.

Sledlude
01-24-2009, 09:14 PM
if youve got the cheese for it get a mac. i made the switch and have been quite happy ever since! but get apple care too.

gtrmonkey
01-26-2009, 06:29 PM
This is what I think. go with the mac. Main reason is that you can have the windows os on a Mac with bootcamp. It very easy too do. So if you don't like osx then you can just use windows. Best of both worlds. Apple has a great build for there products and good customer service. The Mac hardware is plenty too do everyday task and more.

Plus what are you going to be doing with it???

SPOOLIN
01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
once you learn to use OSX you never want to go back!

Blitanicle99
01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Mac is a linux based operating system. A much more user friendly and it actually uses less Ram to do its processes. Its a more efficient program, and much more stable. Vista crashes all the time. OSX all the way.

alpine_aw11
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Mac is a linux based operating system. A much more user friendly and it actually uses less Ram to do its processes. Its a more efficient program, and much more stable. Vista crashes all the time. OSX all the way.

Where does this shit about Vista come from? My computer has never crashed.

Bottom line, if you just need the internet and basics, a Mac is a waste of money. If you want to do all that faggoty shit and look cool buy a Mac. Plus apparently you're awesome if you have an Apple sticker on your car.

SPOOLIN
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Incorrect, OSX is based off NextStep OS which was based on a unix foundation. Next was owned and operated by Steve jobs, Apple purchased Nextstep back in the 90's when steve jobs came back to apple.

Vista sucks the monkey cock.

gtrmonkey
01-29-2009, 02:39 AM
It a lot more compilcated then that. Basically mac osx is compliled with mix and match from BSD Linux and SAmbi and other. It really should be open source

redpanda
01-29-2009, 03:43 AM
get an older thinkpad, install ubuntu and call it a life

Humphrizzle
01-29-2009, 04:00 AM
msdos is pretty cool

sometimes i just try random commands

run:CMD

and i just say some curse words to see what it says...

4dmin
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
ONCE YOU GO BLACK ... I MEAN MAC YOU NEVER GO BACK! :lmao:

wait to get new windows 7 :goodjob:

SPOOLIN
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
windows 7 looks just like vista and still takes you the long way just like vista to do everything.

gtrmonkey
01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
I have windows 7 It not as bad as you think. It very fast,

Hikaru
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Where does this shit about Vista come from? My computer has never crashed.

Bottom line, if you just need the internet and basics, a Mac is a waste of money. If you want to do all that faggoty shit and look cool buy a Mac. Plus apparently you're awesome if you have an Apple sticker on your car.

All I use my computer for is internet, music, and photos. I just recently purchased an iMac and I like it better than any computer I previously had. I had no problem with forking over $1200 for it and some peace of mind/ease of use. I have 2 iPods, an iPhone, and a iMac. All I can say is that Apple is a great company. They are easily the best mp3 player, best phone and best computer I've ever had. Period. One of the members of the Country Club I work at owns a business call Professor Geek. All his staff does day in and day out is drive from business to residence fixing PC's. Quote the member "I spend all day fixing other people's computers, the last thing I want to do is go home and fix mine." He owns a Mac. That's just my personal experience with the company and it's products.

PS-I don't do "faggoty shit", nor do I try to look cool by telling people I have a Mac or flaunting and apple sticker. I do however think these sunglasses look pretty cool...

Thundercat
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I own 2 macs ...love em.....if ur a student u can get a educational discuont....i pickd up my new macbook for 1068.00 2.4 duo core..180 gb of harddrive...and 2 gigs of ram (which u can upgrade to 4 for 50 bucks)

hands down MAC fvckn owns

Tracy
01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I love my MAC. The best part is the customer service. You can go to most malls and actually talk to someone face to face....for free :) Unlike PC's where if you have a problem with Windows you have to go thru a call system, a 19 year old CSR from India and a credit card charge. They have cute free classes you can take and a good warranty even for the refurbs. Speaking of, I would go to the site and get a refurb since they carry the same warranty as a new MAC.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac?mco=MTE3NjY

You have to be fast and refresh a lot, because items appear and disappear like mad on this page. Mine is a refurb and the only problem I had was when I spilled an entire vodka cranberry on the keyboard...and they warrantied it :)