PDA

View Full Version : Full Coilover Setup adjustment problems. Threads "frozen"?

GetFRESH!
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Quick suspension tech question.

Ok so I got them there Buddy Club N+ coilovers on the hatch. If you're familiar with the design (and many other similarly designed full coilover setups), the height adjustment is independent from the spring pre-load. Everyone still on the same page? Ok so... The rears adjust fine, spring stays pre-loaded to upper strut mount, full setup adjusts down into bottom piece which is bolted to lca. Fronts, well... not so fine. The damn shit won't adjust down into lower piece which goes into the front forks, so I gotta just spin the upper perches and take most of the pre-load off the spring to lower my front any. This my friends is what I call "boo boo" and I'd like to fix it. Any suggestions on how I could go about "un-freezing" the threads? I know Hatch2 already janked up a set of omni's by trying to do what I'm needing to get done, and I don't wanna repeat that.

Any takers?

stephen
01-23-2009, 04:05 AM
you should give buddy club usa a call. i'm sure that's not the answer you were looking for...but they might know about the problem, and be able to give you a proper fix or hell, might even replace them...? it's worth a shot

buddy club usa
(909) 923-9188