PDA

View Full Version : z31 problem

BeyondaGrave
01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey guys I just recently bought a 1984 300zx turbo. Since i've bought it I changed out the spark plugs, put on p/s belt, and tightened up the alternator belt (was making embarassing squealing noises). Today I decided hey why not seafoam it. Well I as I drove out to get rid of all the seafoam, it was fine, but then going bout 40 in 3rd (3/4 throttle) I heard like a electrical outage snap sound. The car started to slightly smoke inside car, but it didn't stall. The car now doesn't really want to go past 2k RPM. Sometimes in first if I keep on giving gas it'll give in and go smooth, but any gear after that it just wont go past 2k. It just feels like its gonna stall/hump. Plus if I give it gas (In any gear after 1st) it'll just hump and make that electrical outage sound. Anyone give me any ideas to what could be wrong with it? The car was running absolutely fine before the seafoam

NeWTRouBLeArMy
01-22-2009, 01:51 PM
the seafoam wouldnt cause that problem if thats what your thinking it sounds like you have an electrical short mabye a partialy stripped wire somewhere thats grounding out

BeyondaGrave
01-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I will take a look around.

BeyondaGrave
01-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Alright I took my car out for a spin again. The car wasn't idling well, but then it stabilized. The car is driving normal again no hesitation at all. We'll see if this holds up.